We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Forza 3 demo coming September 24th!

superhyper

The white flag waves as “Forza Motorsport 3” has Gone Gold, entering its final lap before launching on Oct. 22 in Asia, Oct. 23 in Europe and Oct. 27 in North America exclusively on Xbox 360. To mark the occasion, Microsoft and Turn 10 today confirmed that a demo of the highly anticipated title will arrive on Xbox LIVE Marketplace starting Sept. 24.

The new demo lets you get behind the wheel of five of the world’s most amazing cars on the full circuit of the game’s Camino Viejo track. The demo includes five playable cars:

• 2007 Porsche #80 Flying Lizard 911 GT3-RSR
  • 2010 Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro
  • 2009 Ferrari California
  • 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X GSR
  • 2009 Mini John Cooper Works

You will be able to drive all of the cars in the demo in full cockpit view as well as experience damage, rollover and try out the game’s new rewind feature as you take turns on a beautiful Spanish mountain course inspired by the Montserrat region just outside of Barcelona, Spain. When logged into Xbox LIVE, the demo will also support official leaderboards for lap times, giving you a further taste of what players will experience in “Forza Motorsport 3.”

With today’s Gone Gold announcement and the recent announcements around the fan-designed R8 V10 5.2 FSI quattro and the exclusive Limited Collector’s Edition (which includes 10 exclusive bonus cars, VIP community status, and more), there has never been a better time to pre-order “Forza Motorsport 3.”

Source: Forzacentral

Are you guys as excited as me? Because I fell down from my chair when I readed that! Counting days!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I think I'm the only one who thinks its absolutely crap.

I'll start with the good points, the graphics are brilliant, the best I've ever seen and the new interface is really nice and clean, plsu the choice of cars they have so far is great. The AI are better then last time who punted you off.

Bad points, it feels like Need For Speed Most Wanted, the physics are just hopeless. I overtook 4 people around the outside after I outbraked myself into a corner and went on the grass!! since when in racing do you get points for drifting and you still keep up with the car coming out of the corner.

It feels incredibly arcadey, since when in racing do you get extra points for drifting? When you drift you catch cars in the corners? Drifting slows the car down, not speed it up. Forza was supposed to be a simulation game, that's what made Forza 2 so good. But now it comes into the same genre as NFS.

Personally I'm very disappointed, I was incredibly excited, Forza have lost a customer.