We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2006 Nissan J31 Cefiro

Variodical

2006 Nissan Cefiro

We got it in September 2006, replacing our old 7yo car (Nissan Sunny VIP)

Its the same car as the Teana (JDM) / Maxima (Aus/NZ).

Instead of the 3.5 V6 its just a 2.0 4-cylinder, but its enough (for my undemanding parents).

145 hp, 195 Nm, 4 spd auto, 12s to 100kmh (Nissan's figures).

Heres some pics from when we went to a secluded carpark, just for photos

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Variodical/IMG_1684.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Variodical/IMG_1680.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Variodical/IMG_1697.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Variodical/IMG_1701.jpg

An older shot of the rear seat

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/Variodical/IMG_1666.jpg

Cool! :)

Thanks!

this car don't exist in France

Its not sold in most European countries, would have a hard time fighting the more popular cars there..

Looks more like the Altima than the Maxima

The Maxima in Aus/NZ is different from the American Maxima

I think the Altima is a little smaller than our car,

Great pictures! +rep

The Cabin shot from the back seats has a bit of shake, other than that great pictures!

Thanks! I will see if I can get more pics.

MMMmm This car is goooood looking very nice interior aswell Great buy :D

Yeah I love the looks and the interior too! We got a good deal since it was a lot cheaper than the Camry ( over here its the top-selling large family car), but was more value for money. Its quite thirsty though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...
:O... WANT!!!!....

VERY nice!! I love Cefiro's, but unfortunately they aren't sold in the UK. Occasionally I'll come across an A31, but they're very rare out here.

I wish ours could drift like the A31..

I don't see why you'd want a BMW 3-series if you could have one of these. It wouldn't sell well here because people want to pay too much money for something with a BMW badge on it. Perhaps with Saab gone Nissan will capitalise on the lack of left-field choices

Well the 3-series would have much better dynamics and fuel economy

The body leans a lot around corners (lack of side support in the rear becomes obvious) and probably understeers too much.

We also get around 8km/l (12.5l/100km).

Interior is nice but exterior isn't :S

I kind of agree, from some angles it just looks awkward, but drop-dead gorgeous from others.

Seems like a nice family car at a good price. However it would fail in the UK due to brand snobbery.

It wouldn't even stand a chance in the Mondeo class, because of its dynamics..

Looks like a cross between the Infiniti M, Nissan Altima and Maxima. Great car bro!

Thanks!

New damage to the car:

narrow carpark ramp + large car + late night =

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --

I just discovered some really bad scuffs on the rims (as a result of above).

Time to get the touch-up paint out before the car turns into a rust-bucket..

• 3 months later...

Well due to lack of time my parents haven't gotten round to fixing it.

However we got the dealer to touch up the exposed parts to avoid rust

(some of it has been noticed already)

sam6627k.jpg

It'll take 2 to 3 days for the whole thing to be fixed, so perhaps it'll only be done near the end of the year.

• 6 months later...
I don't see why you'd want a BMW 3-series if you could have one of these. It wouldn't sell well here because people want to pay too much money for something with a BMW badge on it. Perhaps with Saab gone Nissan will capitalise on the lack of left-field choices

Let me explain why. And no not 3 series, a bit older but a better 5 series instead.

My dad has an old BMW 530 diesel that was bought 2006. The original owner had it came out the factory on September 2001 or 2002 I cannot be sure exactly. The car has almost every single option checked on the "Optional Equipment" list. It was bought back then for £59,995 and has as I said all extras. Full 16:9 TV + Europe Sat Nav + 4 heating seats, 2 massage seats at the front and so on... So pretty much full luxury. And now your probably thinking yeah okay good stuff and all but too much money just because its a BMW.

Well no that is where you are wrong. My dad bought it for £7,999 from the seller directly. He was going to put the car for sale on Barons but they would of first paid him less and second put the pricetag over 15k for sure.

Now mileage was about 40k as far as I remember, so this is a bigggg bargain! For what you get, and BMW at that level is pure quality of build, luxury and power. Specs for the car are still unknown (not entirely correct) as BMW say it has 190bhp (on a standard 530d) but ours was tested a few months ago at 241bhp. Car hasn't been modified or anything and has full BMW service history.

So yes my story may sound like a bargain but if you look right (especially the E39 series 2000-2002 range) you can find such a good buy.

Now on topic, nice Nissan but sadly I haven't seen any of these around here.

Good buy never the less ;)