We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Tool831: Volkswagen Golf MKV GTI

Tool831

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you try for IK from the Lotus elise?
    Lotus Elise IK : better, but still not perfect yet :cheeky:

Driver position is okay, yet his right arm jas always a funny shape when shifting.

Concerning seatbelt, it does not get out of the car anymore but now goes into driver's left shoulder (lol). I'll try to get a pic soon.

I'd say driver seat is a bit too far from the wheel, in 3D model.

That solved all IK issues ! You can write that down to first post, I think.

Thanks ;)

On the other hand, can you manage to fix interior HUD (cockpit) ?

- RPM stop at 4750 rpm instead of 6000rpm with 2D exterior huds.

- speed indicator is rather strange, looks like the needle indicates MPH where as it's KPH-graduated.

I confirm Skepsis VW sound mod is excellent for this car :cool: (it emulates turbo whine and bov).

On the other hand, can you manage to fix interior HUD (cockpit) ?

- RPM stop at 4750 rpm instead of 6000rpm with 2D exterior huds.

- speed indicator is rather strange, looks like the needle indicates MPH where as it's KPH-graduated.

With moving dials to make it shift a a higher RPM requires to move the actual needled forwards, if I was to do that it would make the car sit around 1000rpm when the car is shut off. And that's what I do not want other wise it would look really bad.

Same goes with the speedo, if the car was shut off the needle would sit on 1km/h or such.

All in all, it would look very very wrong. Or others would complain bout it.

IK swap has been added now to first post as it works for you both. :)

With moving dials to make it shift a a higher RPM requires to move the actual needled forwards, if I was to do that it would make the car sit around 1000rpm when the car is shut off. And that's what I do not want other wise it would look really bad.

Same goes with the speedo, if the car was shut off the needle would sit on 1km/h or such.

All in all, it would look very very wrong. Or others would complain bout it.

IK swap has been added now to first post as it works for you both. :)

Oh ? Well I thought it was just playing with needle axis in Modeler but I was wrong...

Thanks for your support anyway :)