We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

fifomaniak: McLaren Mercedes SLR 722 Sound - Version Without Supercharger Added!

fifomaniak

SLR in TDU sounds very quiet and very calmly, like it wasn't a big supercharged V8, just a small V6 maybe. Sadly, the quality of samples in Shift isn't so fabulous and sound isn't very clear, but I think it's still better than original. Oh, and I've added that great supercharger whine :twisted:. So enjoy.

[TUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
    type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/TUBE]

Filefront Download

Rapidshare Download

Version without supercharger whine:

Filefront Download

Rapidshare Download

Whoa, that's a lot of questions to answer

Love it, man! Wouldn't actually that one fit also to the original SLR in TDU?

Of course, it was made on normal SLR and mod also goes there.

Sounds great, but it would sound better without supercharger whine. I can't hear a whine in real world.

As you wished, check 1st post.

Men, which Camera swap and IK correct hands in interior?? Thx

Just put the car on SLR and didn't do anything.

this one sounds good and more realistic fifo, but(and i could be wrong), aren't ur other sounds a little un-tweaked on the transitions ? or is it just because of vid-quality ?

If you are asking about some other sounds, then answer sadly must be yes. On the first sounds I wasn't working to fix the transitions, I was just putting samples from Shift to TDU and I was uploading it. Now I'm putting much more heart into it, I'm fixing transitions, searching for other car with same revs if the car which I'm putting sound onto have only 5 samples (idle, mid and high) and supercharger whine also is better now, because transition of it is also fixed, as here in SLR. So the proper sounds, which I'm happy with, are: this one, MCL F1, Porsche CGT and GT-R R35. Veyron is also not bad, but supercharger isn't as good as here. Rest of them isn't so good. Maybe I'll redo them later, but I want to make all sounds from Shift atm.

• 4 weeks later...

There is also a version without supercharger. However, I'm still gaining experience in sound modding. When I was doing it, I thought it was good. Now I see that whine is really too loud. But I have so many sounds to make and I've already deleted the modified samples so I would have to align samples again, which is maybe not hard work, but a little bit boring and monotonic, because I check the sound ingame, then go to home, change car to other one, exit home, minimize game, then change sample pitch, get back to game, enter house, change to car I'm modding, check the sound for the transitions, and if they're still not good, I have to do the same thing again and agin until the transitions between samples aren't smooth. Hope you understand me.