We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

Guest turbo lag

Some of my 'tunes' are for cars that technically don't exist in mod or game. For instance I've made a ZR1 tune which I think is fairly accurate to fit for the Z06 ingame. Is this still ok? Or does the car have to be modded into TDU?

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If performance packs are going to work, I think there have to be ones that work online as well, not just the offline ones. It would be awesome if there was one simple application used to download and install car mods (plus managing backups, rims, car names in game, sounds (if avail), preview screenshots, car updates, (as ong as none of these prevent online play), etc). You'd need the permission from Tool, Reaper, etc to store their mods online in a central location.

I visti the mod shop a few times per month and download a stash of new releases, then forget which mods are of the highest quality.

I could make something, but I don't have suitable online storage space, plus yourself and Djey already have a head start in this anyway.

If performance packs are going to work, I think there have to be ones that work online as well, not just the offline ones.

I don't know if I've said this before. I don't care about online players. Just like I don't care about motorcyclists :p

It would be awesome if there was one simple application used to download and install car mods (plus managing backups, rims, car names in game, sounds (if avail), preview screenshots, car updates, (as ong as none of these prevent online play), etc). You'd need the permission from Tool, Reaper, etc to store their mods online in a central location.

Maybe. Just maybe. But the sheer amount of bandwidth used for TDUPE is over 10 times what I was expecting.

Now onto the application. It is certainly something I can see the appeal of and would possibly like to create, but it is not something I would like to develop on from TDUPE.

The entire point of TDUPE is to be able to install a mod on a low performance car (such as a Lexus) and then modify it to fit so you don't have to replace high performance cars you would otherwise use.

And as I just typed all that the idea is appealing more and more to me and I've lost a lot of my arguments, but one still remains: time.

I have none, I have an extremely busy schedule, half my staff are on Christmas holidays and I commute for nearly 6 hours a day. Due to the time restraints which have especially picked up for Christmas I've been developing for less than 10 minutes a day and as a result, TDUPE has 1 visibly recognisable feature (that isn't working yet) and extreme software bloat.

I could make something, but I don't have suitable online storage space, plus yourself and Djey already have a head start in this anyway.

Go nuts. I'll probably make a rough start (by which I mean a tecnically complete) on a beta if I can finish 2.0 tonight (just got this one tedious feature to finish). But you may be able to take it in a different and better direction than I can.

Lol. It'll do, it'll do.

I should've probably started back programming VB since I remember shockingly little of C#, though I remember pretty much all of PHP, so I'm thinking my next TDU related project may be done in that, but it's going to be costly and there is a lot of logistics to work out.

Anyway, TDUPE 2.0 is pretty much done.

Sweet! Good to see that this tool is getting updated - I can't wait to see the new version. :D

Also, any clue about this?

Dredgy, for some reason, I can edit the performance of the Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, but not the Roadster - it does something weird in the database, as if the roadster is duplicated or something. When I click the Name tab in TDUPE, it still says "Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster", even though I changed it to BMW 135i in the ModTools. (I'm using Patch 1.67D, in case it matters.)

Basically, I modded the Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster in ModTools to say BMW 135i, which works in-game, but in TDUPE it still says Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster. All changes I make in TDUPE don't work in-game - it's as if there are two separate Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Roadsters. The coupe works fine. Any chance you could update CarData.mdb to try and fix this?

So, has anyone ever tried putting a motorcycle body on a car with that method? Is it possible?

Yes, you can do that.

Is it possible for you to enable which HUD the car can use?

It is entirely possible. I have to go to work in 15 minutes so I can't release 2.0 now, but it should be out tomorrow.

Merry Christmas all.

It doesn't wanna run on my V64 machine either. When I try to run it, I just get that usual Vista "TDUEditor has stopped working, windows is searching for a solution, blahblah blah"

Do I need to add anything in the config settings? (I'm not a programmer lol)

Here's what mine looks like (the exe), I didn't change anything.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" >

<section name="TDUeditor.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false" />

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="TDUeditor.Properties.Settings.carDataConnectionString"

connectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|\carData.mdb;Persist Security Info=True"

providerName="System.Data.OleDb" />

</connectionStrings>

<userSettings>

<TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="locality" serializeAs="String">

<value>US</value>

</setting>

<setting name="tdupath" serializeAs="String">

<value />

</setting>

</TDUeditor.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

</configuration>

Do I need to specify a tdupath? Also, I noticed it's in 2 TDUPE folders, but that shouldn't matter. Just tell me what to put and i'll put it in there. :D