We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dredgy: TDU Performance Editor [Car Database 2.1 Released]

dredgy

• Replies 503
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it could also let us modify the stats of the police cars. They must weigh like 50,000 pounds. Almost impossible to ram them, and all other vehicles go flying. I made a special "ramming" car, out of the cadillac CTS-V. A 17,000 pound car ramming into them at 160 mph.... they would just disintegrate. I wish we could make the cop cars lighter, a more realistic weight; make them just like all the other cars!

Thanks to this tool, I finally came up with a car that is okay at ramming cop cars...

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j121/ShadowShape/20091222153344.jpg

They seem to have a "gravity well" effect when you get near them, and get below a certain speed, which forces your car to stop, so it's more than just them weighing 50,000 lbs or whatever lol.

3,530 lbs.? That's not exaclty light for a car. Like I said, there is a weird "slowing effect" when you get near them. That's probly hardcoded on a game like this.

My game can't be the only one where the cop cars are much harder to move than regular traffic. In the above screenie, I musta been going 250 mph to get that kind of elevation outta the cop car. I would say maybe 25 feet at the highest. But I wanna see em fly across Hazzard County of course. :eek:

Could they be set up with more downforce somehow?

I want to change the files from the Pontiac GTO, since I have a BMW M5 E60. When I e.g. PS, Price, km / h change, and save, then still come the original GTO datas e.g.:

Orgnl: $ 40,000

Chngd: 85,500 $

HP: 305

HP: 507

kp / h: 270

kp / h: 250

It shows that I've still the same files from Pontiac and I changed them countlessly but nothing happens! Always the original Pontiac data. What is this for a scrap?

Please help me someone.

First off: are you hitting File -> Save Data after making changes? I wasn't doing this at first either, it took me a while to figure that out. ;)

Dredgy, for some reason, I can edit the performance of the Chrysler Crossfire Coupe, but not the Roadster - it does something weird in the database, as if the roadster is duplicated or something. When I click the Name tab in TDUPE, it still says "Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Roadster", even though I changed it to BMW 135i in the ModTools. (I'm using Patch 1.67D, in case it matters.)

Guest turbo lag

Yeah you have to hit "Save Car" then File -> "Save Data".

Dredgy, one problem with the name editor. Last night I was messing with the names of both Murcielago's in game. I wanted to switch around the (original) name of "Coupe" to "Roadster LP640" (because I replaced the original coupe with tool's LP640 roadster) After this, all the cars with 'coupe' in their name changed to LP640. Same thing happened when I tried it with the original roadster, all the convertibles had LP640 at the end. Just a quick note. :)

@Grey_Wolf_Bozkurt:

Yeah you have to hit "Save Car" then File -> "Save Data".

Dredgy, one problem with the name editor. Last night I was messing with the names of both Murcielago's in game. I wanted to switch around the (original) name of "Coupe" to "Roadster LP640" (because I replaced the original coupe with tool's LP640 roadster) After this, all the cars with 'coupe' in their name changed to LP640. Same thing happened when I tried it with the original roadster, all the convertibles had LP640 at the end. Just a quick note. :)

He already said a couple of pages earlier that it is necessary to have the name AND the ID.. It's better to alter the name in Djey's Modding Tools.. :)

It worked for me.. :D

EDIT:

For now you just have to put ??. You will get an unhandled exception if you leave any text boxes blank. In the code I did for 2.0, it automatically reverts to default if left blank.

Not as easy as it sounds, but not overally hard either. It's one of the main features of 2.0 and I've discussed with Djey the possibility of making this easier to code using his framework. Mine does (well, did before I deleted it) considerably more though than just when you change it from blank ;)

I've suggested it, but it's not particularly urgent, since you can just copy the default from Djey's community patch, same with DB.bnk. However, DB.BNK causes came crashes when it's screwed up.

Guest turbo lag

I guess I'll just leave the names alone, makes the whole thing much easier. Dosen't help that now I have STI tuned Gallardos and LP560 Murcielagos and LP640 Jaguars lol. The main performance editor works fine so I'm not going to complain. :)

I always have the same problem. I don't know how often I clicked Save Car and Save Data it does nothing and always at this car. Everything shows original. I downloaded that car from this website. I hope that that was not a beta edition

Make sure to download carData.mdb 1.4. Try using that, it fixes the GTO stuff.

I guess I'll just leave the names alone, makes the whole thing much easier.

Yeah I recommend that. Though in 2.0 name editing is made sooo much easier.

Guest turbo lag

Dredgy just a question, are we allowed to submit 'car tunes'/'performance packs' to you to host on your site? Since TDUC dosen't have a place (yet?) to host them, what if we send them to you for you to publish?

Yes you are. I don't have time to create them myself and all but the Reventon on my site are done by Tool :p

However, I do test them and all of the ones I've been sent for the Veyron weren't so great. Likewise, I'll only post them if the mod is of high quality.

I am thinking of integrating the website into the editor so you can download packs and view guides directly from the TDUPE. But lack of performance packs is what's stopping that atm.