We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech G25 vs Logitech G27

Sly870

If you're asking whether it's well built, yes, they last very long, and even though they came out a few years ago they're still the top of the range steering wheels, beaten only by the G27. And you can get them for quite cheap now. The only difference between the G25 and the G27 is the G27 has the LEDs for a rev counter and a few more buttons, but the price difference really isn't worth it.

And,when you put H-Shifter thing in Controls on,does it activate the clutch and the gearbox..Also,the clutch,can you take off like in a normal car

When you put the H-Shifter as "On" in Controls, it does not necessarily automatically activate the clutch. You still need to set the control of "Clutch" to the clutch on the G25 and you need to turn "Auto-Clutch" off. You also need to set all the controls for each gear on the H-Shifter. And if you want to de-activate the Clutch, you just set "Auto-Clutch" to on.

sweet,so,you go to options and say 1st gear and put the H shifter in 1st and so on...And the paddles?How do u set those up?

Also, how do you go into reverse and change from the stick shift to the paddles?I know you turn the button but is there anything else you need to do?

• 1 month later...
sweet,so,you go to options and say 1st gear and put the H shifter in 1st and so on...And the paddles?How do u set those up?

Also, how do you go into reverse and change from the stick shift to the paddles?I know you turn the button but is there anything else you need to do?

In TDU it depends on the kind of gearbox you have in the car you´re currently driving for example if I´m driving an Elise TDU recognizes that and my G25 so I have to shift with the H-Shifter and use the clutch. If I´m buying a Lambo with Sequential Gb I have to use the shifting paddels and no clutch. Just edit the controls set your paddels to shift up shift down and the H-Shifter for the options Gear 1-6. Tdu manages what you got to use.

• 4 months later...
In TDU it depends on the kind of gearbox you have in the car you´re currently driving for example if I´m driving an Elise TDU recognizes that and my G25 so I have to shift with the H-Shifter and use the clutch. If I´m buying a Lambo with Sequential Gb I have to use the shifting paddels and no clutch. Just edit the controls set your paddels to shift up shift down and the H-Shifter for the options Gear 1-6. Tdu manages what you got to use.

I've always wondered if that was the case... But say your in a Merc with 7 gears, can you shift to 6th and then use the paddle to hit 7th? or are you stuck at 6th?

This dude has g25/27s quite cheap and apparently is reliable too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LOGITECH-G27-Gaming-Racing-Wheel-PC-PS2-P33-/310229414677?cmd=ViewItem&pt=PCA_Joysticks_Game_Controllers&hash=item483b1d3315