We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2011 Koenigsegg Agera

cis4care

Maybe it's old news to some of you, but i first heard of it a couple weeks ago, but never got to see a picture. Anyways, it's just some copy&paste from netcarshow.com about a car that's going to be awesome ;)

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k361/Zbraluvr_182/Koenigsegg-Agera_2011_800x600_wa-3.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k361/Zbraluvr_182/Koenigsegg-Agera_2011_800x600_wa-2.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k361/Zbraluvr_182/Koenigsegg-Agera_2011_800x600_wa-1.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k361/Zbraluvr_182/Koenigsegg-Agera_2011_800x600_wallp.jpg

A Supercar is not better than the tires it use, as it is the only link between the road and the car. Therefore Koenigsegg has a deep and long term collaboration with Michelin, when it comes to tire development. The Koenigsegg Agera program will take this collaboration to the next level and is expected to set new standards when it comes to overall performance -wet as well as dry handling.

The Koenigsegg Agera is as wide at the front as in the rear of the car. This gives very good balance in corners and minimizes body roll.

The Koenigsegg Agera also features the latest in braking technology, incorporating an adjustable ABS system, 392x36 and 380x34 ventilated and drilled ceramic discs, for unparalleled braking performance and zero fade regardless of track or road condition.Thanks to optimized breathing and Twin Turbo, power is now 910 hp, running on regular petrol. Torque is maximum 1100 nm and is reached at 5100 rpm. There is over 1000 nm of torque available from 2680 to 6100 rpm.

The new traction control is the fastest reacting in the industry, with auto adapt functionality for different road conditions and driving styles as well as several manual settings.

Koenigsegg has also developed a new type of interior illumination, which is a worlds frst in the car industry - Ghost light. The illumination shines through the billet aluminium buttons and surfaces by way of invisible nanotubes, creating excellent visibility of the symbols, as well as a very clean and stylish appearance, framed by an all-new carbon fbre centre console and tunnel assembly.

Furthermore, the driver can easily select the information he wants displayed in front of him, on the all new multi-info cluster combined with the upgraded infotainment display, ranging from basic functionality, to G force meter, power meters, Sat-nav, music, lap-timer or compasses - to best suit the current driving conditions, be it highway cruising, touring country roads, city navigation or serious track driving. Furthermore the interior features the new Koenigsegg Agera stitching and seams, which gives an beutiful fuidity to the interior.

All in all the Koenigsegg Agera is created to maintain Koenigsegg's position as one of the most engaging and top performing cars on the road, on the track -on the planet. Still, maintaining the largest luggage space in the industry and the novel Koenigsegg doors and detachable/stow able hardtop, that really makes all Koenigsegg cars stand out.

The Koenigsegg Agera will be produced in parallel to the Award winning CCX and CCXR models. This gives Koenigsegg the ability to live up to our customers varying wishes and demands. The Agera is on display at the 80th Salon International de l'Auto in Geneva. The pre-production show car will be put through its phases for the coming six month prior to the production car launch of the Agera. Finally, Agera is also short for the Greek word Ageratos, which in ancient Greek means "ageless".

You could tell by the name of the car that it wasn't going to be a new model. If it was a new model based on the CC, the name would've started with ''CC''.

And, yeah, it's really sad that the car has paddles. I was really expecting Koenigsegg to stay away from putting this in their cars, but what are we gonna do about it.

You could tell by the name of the car that it wasn't going to be a new model. If it was a new model based on the CC, the name would've started with ''CC''.

You are saying it's not a new model because of the name, but it's also not an old model because it doesn't say CC. So what exactly is it?

The new Koenigsegg 360 Modena.

At least from the front.... taillights are a copy of the Bugatti EB110.

According to your logic, the Ferrari F430 should have just been named "Ferrari 360 Evo". and also if I recall correctly Ford USA renamed one of their cars to Taurus during its refresh.

If it ain't broken, don't fix it. That's to all that don't like the new design. For me it's just gone mental. They've improved some of the weaknesses (such as the interior, though on that pic it looks like a render).

New adds I love (the front lip, the side vent, the headlightst). Not a fan of the rear lights though, wish they left those CCX ones.

And if you still think it's pointless, remember that last year Koenigsegg was about to release an electrical version of it. Please!

My two fanboy cents. :)

I applaud you for the force with which you hit that nail on it's head.

May I also add, Lambo has been doing the Gallardo since 2003. Not much changed really.

Murcielago has been on the market since 2001. Any drastic design change?

The Veyron (no one mentioned it yet in a Koeni thread :lol:) with 2000+ different editions on the absolutely same base has been sold since 2002.

The Zonda? Not much changed since 1999.

The list can go on but my main point is: the fact that something isn't changing, doesn't mean it's going backwards. I love and I'm sure most of the people here love all of the above cars.

So it's better to make small changes on a trustworthy base, rather than shooting in the dark.

Blame it on me as much as you want for defenging the Agera but I don't make up things. It's all proven throughout history - "if it ain't broken, don't fix it".

:D

I think an electric Koenigsegg would of been a great idea, It's a pity the Designers were blatantly unaware of how to design a decent looking car though (I'm talking about the quant - Not any CC*)

If the Agera was a Hybrid I'd probably agree that it had a purpose, But I personally don't like it.

And VG, the CC* has been around for just as long as the others, with the first being delivered in 2002 (although it was at motorshows in 2000, and a concept in 1996) - The Reventon is based on the murcielago, And I feel the difference between the Reventon and the murci is much more than any of the CC*'s.

As for the zonda, We're hearing quite a lot about a new Pagani every now and then, so lets hope we'll start hearing about a new Koenigsegg sooner or later.

Each to their own, I personally would of liked to have seen a new pagani and murci sooner, so I'm not singling out koenigsegg, it's just as bad as the others.

my main point is: the fact that something isn't changing, doesn't mean it's going backwards.

Finally! I've been waiting for someone to say that. I was getting really sick reading the people's comments who didn't like the new looks of the car and it being based on the old Koenigseggs. Thank you.