We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 Announced!!

Eudemon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honnestly making TDU2 pay-to-go-online would make me reconsider buying it and many people I know as well. I'm ok with a company making loads of money with a game, but I never liked the idea to pay for online gaming. They can justify it all they want, I understand that paying for it may also mean better customer service, but I already pay 50$/month for internet access and that is enough for me.

Basically this is the reason why I played Guild Wars and not WoW (although I played a few hours only, not really my kind of game) and why I don't pay for xbox live. In fact, any game that asks me to pay for online play is a game I won't even bother looking at.

And I guess that even if TDU2 was an anticipated game, they wouldn't risk it...*fingers crossed*

Honnestly making TDU2 pay-to-go-online would make me reconsider buying it and many people I know as well. I'm ok with a company making loads of money with a game, but I never liked the idea to pay for online gaming. They can justify it all they want, I understand that paying for it may also mean better customer service, but I already pay 50$/month for internet access and that is enough for me.

Basically this is the reason why I played Guild Wars and not WoW (although I played a few hours only, not really my kind of game) and why I don't pay for xbox live. In fact, any game that asks me to pay for online play is a game I won't even bother looking at.

And I guess that even if TDU2 was an anticipated game, they wouldn't risk it...*fingers crossed*

I agree with you for the most part, but I honestly wouldn't mind paying a relatively low monthly fee for the game provided that they regularly come out with new cars for the game. As far as the anticipated game bit, while the game is highly regarded by the TDU fans, the fanbase itself is a small one compared to other franchises and might be up for experimentation from the developer. I hope that they do stay with the original format (albeit on a larger scale. I want my 20 man cruises danggit!) since it worked really well, but if things evolve I can bear with them so long as they are in a forward direction.

merc_300sl.jpg

Having played TDU again last night, i've noticed how much better this is than the first, an the little details that are there:

1.) That's a beach, a proper beach, one that seamlessly meets the sea, rather than the landmass having to drop down to water

2.) the draw distance looks better, you can see the detail in the building on the hill

3.) the ground textures seem to have a lot more effort put in this time

4.) There's actually cliffs, rocky outcrops that look convincing, unlike on TDU where there was just very steep hills (look at the "cliff" on the south east by the Eden island, it looks so crap)

- img snipped -

Having played TDU again last night, i've noticed how much better this is than the first, an the little details that are there:

1.) That's a beach, a proper beach, one that seamlessly meets the sea, rather than the landmass having to drop down to water

2.) the draw distance looks better, you can see the detail in the building on the hill

4.) There's actually cliffs, rocky outcrops that look convincing, unlike on TDU where there was just very steep hills (look at the "cliff" on the south east by the Eden island, it looks so crap)

Yeah. Definetely this game going to be the best release of this year, at least for me :D. For the 1st time i want the Summer to pass quickly!!:lol:

http://tdu-central.com/tdu2/official/merc_300sl.jpg

I totally agree, after playing TDU again last night I noticed that are a lot of details missing, even basic details. However the game still remains quite immersive(sp? lol) but all the extra new little details coming in the next game can only make it even better. 3 years ago I wouldn't of thought this was possible. :p

More things I've noticed:

gumpert_apollo.jpg

You can really see how good the draw distance is, hidden away on top of the hill on the left is a house, and it's so detailed that you can actually see the cannopy on the side of it (garage?)

In the long distance, where the mountains have lost detail, they're nowhere near as jagged as they are in TDU1, where the skyline looks like a saw blade. you can also clearly see the sea

You can also see that there are many more buildings this time, and they look natural, not like the token mansion in the middle of nowhere like we're used to

More trees, making it look more realistic

on the left you can see 3D grass, which seems to be something that the media is obsessed with recently...

and erm... yeah. the only other thing I can think of is the fact that the first viper pic on the first page of this thread has got some swings behind it... I hope it glitches like the swings in GTA IV :p

They are really onto 3d grass then? Weird. World Racing 2 had it too, if you drove over it the grass ''went flat'', actually disappearing from sight, and WR2 is a game from 2005 I think, and quite a simple arcade game (although it also had turnsignals :D)

interesting acticule,but did anyone else find it hard to understand

"Now been officially confirmed the off-road vehicles, whether this is just to SUVs, we shall learn. Gibt ja verschiedene Gelände gängige Wagen (zB Audi A6 Allroad Quattro) und welche die es sein möchten (zB Cadillac Escalade). Is common ground so different cars (eg Audi A6 Allroad Quattro) and who want to be there (eg, Cadillac Escalade).''

what was that suposed to mean?