We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

New Ford Police Car

iLLGT3

Ford has introduced a successor to the ubiquitous Crown Victoria police car, a vehicle whose headlamp and parking light arrangement has forever been etched into the minds drivers whose habits include behaviors that fall outside the limits of the law.

The venerable Crown Vic has been the vehicle of choice for most police departments in the United States for two decades, but it is taking retirement late in 2011. Ford chose to introduce its replacement in Las Vegas last week, far in advance of the Crown Vic’s passing, giving police departments time to budget for the safer, more fuel-efficient car.

6a00d83451e0d569e201310fb60f57970c-800wi

6a00d83451e0d569e201310fb61063970c-800wi

The car will come with the choice between 2 V6 engines:

- 3.5 litre 263HP

-or-

- Twin Turbocharged 3.5 litre 365HP (SHO Engine)

Read more.. New Ford Police Car - Consumer Reports

It's epic. Much better than the outgoing Crown Victoria.

The Crown Vic was okay for regular use, but for pursuits it pretty much failed. You could outrun one in something as simply as a slightly modified V6 Mustang or something.

This thing is quick. I'm not even sure my Corvette could get away from it. People are going to have a hard time getting away now.

I think the wheels are like that to bring the price down for replacements, You've all seen the American cop TV programs haven't you? :p

I Don't think the picture in the first post does it much justice, it looks rather chubby and out of proportion, whereas the taurus in SG's post looks much better proportioned.

I think the wheels are like that to bring the price down for replacements, You've all seen the American cop TV programs haven't you? :p

I Don't think the picture in the first post does it much justice, it looks rather chubby and out of proportion, whereas the taurus in SG's post looks much better proportioned.

That's just the kind of car the American Taurus is. It's one of those vehicles that it really attractive at some angles, and really ugly at others. It does look a bit odd at some angles.

Looks nice :D But I think it could do with some slightly more stylish rims..

+1

It looks like the wheel trims have fallen off. Lol.

Apart from that it looks nice!!

Come again?

I agree with saying it does look quite odd from some angles and fat and chubby also. I don't really like the bull bar in front of the car. I like the classic Crown Victoria look (don't shoot!) rather than that though. The good thing about the car is that it's more powerful and it lessens the need for backups. :D