We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Joypad TDU2 Preview (French) *Wealth of info and pics!*

Eudemon

Yeah HP2 I hated the damn Helo but it was fun I got to say for the most part. Tbh I really want the Police to be like NFS IV High Stakes, the Helo following you then being amazed at you outrunning it and commentating to the cops below, it was just so good.

Also imagine a night chase, you turn off your lights, head off road, hide somewhere and all you see the Helo's spotlight looking for you with the distant lighting of the pursuing cars getting closer and then you having to run again.

Sometimes a chase where sometimes it's better to just stop and face the music gives much more variety and choice to the player than a simple run for your life situation ala Driver. lol

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best bit on HP2 was setting the race length to 5 or more laps and getting to the point where the police gave up. "Control it's too dangerous down here, we'll let the next County get him"

I was never that fussed with the Police on TDU, I did like their absence from multiplayer though. I think their inclusion in multiplayer would annoy me more often than it would please me.

Erm, I don't know about the original but in HP 2 the helicopter dropped bombs and stingers, fired missiles at you and dived down to road level to ram you off the road using it's skids. The only thing stopping destruction was the lack of damage.

If the cops are there I want them to behave realistically.

some of us hope for the same from you twm :P

Who played Test Drive 5? or 6?

If you played it you will remember that there is a game mode called "Chase", that you are a Cop car and you must hit the opponents so they stop, and stop all of them before they reach the finish line.

It could be possible that they will come back to things they used in the past?

That's the thing a lot of people want to see this evolved into a freeroam pursuit, I know plenty of others apart from myself wished there was no timer in the pursuit modes, you either lost them or caught them. Losing them would make them start climbing up a Most Wanted rapsheet for you so that everytime you came into contact they were essentially your nemesis. lol

Just having a mode sort of like APB where it's just you vs all of them for however long until caught or lost would be something that hasn't been seen in a game yet!

With Police chases...i'm agenst it! Maybe for offline and it's nothing epic(like TDU's current police chase). I just they don't try to go All NFS:MW on us with it.....as maybe the havent herd, but theres a open word MOOR comming out this year thats just that, NFS: World Online! And knowing what the NFS games are like...the main game could well be a new MW style game!

And with clubs, hopefully it'l act like the club system on TDU for the PSP.....some car's could only be bought once you reached the top of a club(like the Caterham 7). So maybe it' a simaler system, like have X-ammount of members to be able to buy this car and so on!

And the Livery editor will maybe be like MCLA's, but to be honest i cant see myself going nuts with it....probs just a set of stripes and a make a logo(or use an ingame on)

Embed fail.

FM3 doesn't have a great rim selection, actually. There are loads of companies with only one or two rims and loads more with rims you don't use unless you're making a joke car to impose on one of your friends.

There is only a few I actually like.