We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Who

proof that the island can't be bigger than Oahu? Just check the Millionaire Challenge on TDU. You got the gold if you could drive around the island in less than 60 minutes.

ya but that wasnt just around the island there was a little more driving i think u go through some towns and cities and go off-route for quite a few miles during it its not completely around the outside highway like the island tour i think its called which if im not mistaken u got gold for doing in 40-45mins

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember detours. This said, whenever I play TDU I always drive around the island without detours. When I drive casual it takes me well over an hour. If I floor it it's between 55min and an hour. Oahu's roads are pretty straight and wide, Ibiza is all twists and turns. Even if Eden modified some of the roads I doubt they haven't dramatically altered the road network to make it like in the US. So 40min can mean actual size, a bit of upscaling as Hoax suggested, but no way it can mean 2.5x Oahu's landmass.

***I WILL NOT BE AT A COMPUTER BETWEEN THE 27TH OF MARCH TO THE 3RD OF APRIL***

Hence this thread will not be updated between those dates. With new magazines having features on TDU2 soon in the near future, I understand there probably will be new info that'd be relevant here. If possible, an admin could update this thread in my absence

Thank you, Who

they say the island is twice as big as oahu?

that it takes 40mins to drive around the island in a coastal lap?

well the fastest cars in tdu can't go any quicker around oahu than about 42mins - i'm wondering how can an island be 2.5 times bigger and not take at least and hour and a half to drive around?

They never said the island would be 2.5x larger as far as I know, if you managed to get a gander at the map in the PCGames.de scans then you can clearly see that the road network is a lot denser and that there are more built up areas showing.

We should hopefully be seeing the OXM UK article coming in the next week (any subscribers here? lol) amongst others like that other Finnish mag that was mentioned earlier this month.

We should hopefully be seeing the OXM UK article coming in the next week (any subscribers here? lol) amongst others like that other Finnish mag that was mentioned earlier this month.

It's about bloody time. Nope, I ain't a subscriber of OXM either and I highly doubt TG will be doing anything on it... :lol:

It will be interesting to see what they say about it though. :cheeky:

They never said the island would be 2.5x larger as far as I know, if you managed to get a gander at the map in the PCGames.de scans then you can clearly see that the road network is a lot denser and that there are more built up areas showing.

YAY,finally,a magazine we don't have to translate,lol:excited:

diab this is a quote from page 1 "The game is set on the real island of Ibiza, Scaled up to make it 2.5x bigger than Oahu of TDU1".

it's not much of a faq if things are slated on page 2...

also here's a quote from the gamesreactor thread "This feels like nothing compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 which is a whole 2.5 times bigger and is enacted on the Spanish island of Ibiza, mostly known for its gigantic beach parties."

so we can summise that if the new game takes 40mins approx to drive around even in the fastest cars then the game cannot have a bigger surface area than the 1st...

I was looking around on Amazon and I found out that you can pre-order TDU2 for all platforms on September 30, 2010!!! http://www.amazon.com/Test-Drive-Unlimited-2-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0HD9G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270419385&sr=8-1
I hope thats the case,then the game will be out on my 18th birthday:excited:.Also anybody body else notice how tdu cost $115,thats a little extreme if you ask me.