We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Logitech Should Make A Wheel With A Turn Signal System

bhumm25

Yes true.

But atleased we can use the F1 gears now as blinkers :)

There's lots of cars now with sequential floppy paddles gearbox so I will keep them for gearing, thank u. Besides g25, I use gamepad as a second controller and it got a lots of buttons for stuff like that. Its analog mini joysticks are very handy for looking around for example...

I use a generic wheel since my logitech broke, and it's just as good really, despite the slightly dogier manual gearbox. And it does have indicators :) There's the paddle's for changing gears and then a separate set which I use for horn and lights in TDU, but would work better as indicators.

I'll just improvise.

Hopefully most of the cars will use H-Shift so I can use that instead of the paddles (which I hate using for gear changing) so I can then use them for left and right indicators as someone has already mentioned. That or use the two buttons on my G25 wheel itself.

if you use the gear paddles on say a logitech g25 it wouldn't really work as when the steering wheel is upside down the controls are back to front and it isn't like this in real life. I think it is a good idea but logitech should also make an add on for G25 owners like me that gives you an indicator with the headlights and stuff :D Also they make masses of stuff for flight sims so it can't be that hard for them to do this.

if you use the gear paddles on say a logitech g25 it wouldn't really work as when the steering wheel is upside down the controls are back to front and it isn't like this in real life. I think it is a good idea but logitech should also make an add on for G25 owners like me that gives you an indicator with the headlights and stuff :D Also they make masses of stuff for flight sims so it can't be that hard for them to do this.

I could live with it. If I'm going that fast to somehow get confused which paddle is the right indicator then I'm obviously going to fast or being too reckless to need to bother indicating.

If it turns out to be that much hassle then I'll just use two of the eight (Twelve if you count the D-Pad) buttons on the G25 gear shifter.

I couldn't justify spending yet more money on a simple little gimmick that I'm almost sure to get fed up of using sooner rather than later.

There's lots of cars now with sequential floppy paddles gearbox so I will keep them for gearing, thank u. Besides g25, I use gamepad as a second controller and it got a lots of buttons for stuff like that. Its analog mini joysticks are very handy for looking around for example...

I never drive f1-gearing vehicles cause I hate f1-gearing. Lucky me :D

I also use a gamepad as second controller and those can be very practical. The only bad thing is that it is an controller and you're not getting the steering wheel feeling.

For signal buttons i can always use the 4 buttons up on the gear-shifter console.It`s fairly unrealistical but yet again i gotta get used to it.Maybe there will be flappy changing gears cars maybe not.Hopefully if there are we can use the gear shifter instead.

Most probably u will have to choose sequential mode for all cars, rather than H mode for mechanical gearbox cars and paddles for seq. gearbox cars.

If u remember u could only map H stick for H gears and the paddles (or any other 2 buttons) for 'gear up' and 'gear down'. That means if u choose to drive the 'normal' cars with H gear stick, u r practically forced to use other buttons for sequential cars, because sequential mode of G25 gearstick interfere with the 1st and 2nd gear from the H mode. If u choose to play in seq mode of the gearstick u'll have to use it for all cars, no matter which gearbox they have.

I hope I was clear :nuts:

Until many mainstream games start to implement them, then I doubt we'll see Logitech make a move any time soon. Many games already had support for clutch such as the hardcore sim racers, which is why Logitech then released the G25 with H-Shifter and Clutch. I just use the paddles, but I would gladly use a steering wheel with turning signals. But this is only a dream as people these days only look for racing games, and what is the use of turn signals in racing... The last game I remember with turn signals was from Need For Speed, with Porsche's Unleashed, which was a great game.

The truckgames have it too. ETS even has animated lightlevers on the steeringcolumns. It's a shame the carwashes don't have watereffects like in GTA IV.

BTW, if you drive through a WR2 carwash in the wrong direction your car becomes fully covered in dirt :D