We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Damage

Kinder

I'm guessing Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be somewhat similar to Midnight Club: Los Angeles wherein the damage was ultimately cosmetic. Each car could be damaged to a certain extent but would not lose performance, though, damage your vehicle too much and the car would break down. It worked because it was an open-world game and having GRID-like damage would be annoying due to all the factors that are beyond the player's control, like idiotic pedestrian AI.

For Hardcore Mode, if it is included in Test Drive Unlimited 2, I'd assume it would have a more realistic damage system.

World Racing 2 had both sides of damage and at gasstations and pitlanes you could get the car fully repaired, up to removing scratches from the paintwork. Perhaps they can make the garageboxes at all those TDU1 gasstations functional as repairbays

World Racing 2 had both sides of damage and at gasstations and pitlanes you could get the car fully repaired, up to removing scratches from the paintwork. Perhaps they can make the garageboxes at all those TDU1 gasstations functional as repairbays

And prices ranging from the car`s damage.A minor scratch max 100 $ a big dent in the door 500 $ and etc etc.And car insurance is optional if you want.And prices will be moderate if posible

Yeah your all thinking too much on crazy realism, so far that I think it would just get annoying... Sorry.

What about realism ? What is a racing simulator ? A game that simulates realism racing.So this game won`t be a racing simulator untill all of this small details are made.

It's not a simulator though and TEST DRIVE has never been a simulator either, it's good to have some realistic aspects but if it gets too much like reality then it detracts from the game itself. :)

Well you locked me.I`m out of words, what you are saying si quite true.But there should be some realistic features in-game.

Well you locked me.I`m out of words, what you are saying si quite true.But there should be some realistic features in-game.

realistic features are perfectly fine, the more realistic it is to drive the better imo, and if customization is fairly limited i'll be happy (no ricey bodykits- bodykits indeed, but not ricey fugly ones...)- but like, insurance etc is a bit far for me, thats all. Fuel is acceptable and encouraged though :D as is tyre wear, ahahaha :P

What if the damage system was kinda like burnout 3,where you crash,it goes into a cool camera mode,and you get get to watch your beautiful car get riped apart,then it resets you,and you car looks good as new.Except with a less arcadish feeling.Would that be such a bad thing?Also,seeing the "Warning,airbag deployment not simulated" when starting up forza 3 has got me wondering,wouldn't it be cool if they did simulate air bag deployment.It would alot more realisim to the game.

What if the damage system was kinda like burnout 3,where you crash,it goes into a cool camera mode,and you get get to watch your beautiful car get riped apart,then it resets you,and you car looks good as new.Except with a less arcadish feeling.Would that be such a bad thing?Also,seeing the "Warning,airbag deployment not simulated" when starting up forza 3 has got me wondering,wouldn't it be cool if they did simulate air bag deployment.It would alot more realisim to the game.

Burnout 3 had a nice damage system.But that was a bit unreal i mean for those cars may work, TDU 2 has some real cars and it would not look so nice.

+1 for the idea of being able to flip or roll your car. Since offroad exploration is encouraged this time, I can only assume that they will have to allow this.

In TDU 1 when i flip over and accelerate the car comes back on her wheels.Not too realistic...

Anyone who's ever done serious offroading in TDU will tel you that as soon as the car is almost upside down, the car will be reset onto its wheels in the same position. If you were trying to go down a hill, it takes ages, because you are always being reset in the same place. If you were allowed to flip and roll, you would crash your way down the hill in seconds.

Imagine how awesome yet horrible it would be to go drifting in the mountains, overshoot a hairpin and you and your ride tumble down several hundred feet to their doom.

I've tried to do that so many times in dirt only to be reset when you build up some good momentum.