We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Hennessey Venom GT spied out in the open

KoenigseggBG

Video: Hennessey Venom GT spied out in the open

venomgtopt.jpg

The insane Hennessey Venom GT won't be revealed publicly until this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed (but come back this Monday at midnight for the full scoop), however, the crew at PistonHeads have recently caught the car out in the open. We're definitely swooning over this one, what with its Lotus Elise-based body, Porsche Carrera GT proportions and Corvette ZR1-sourced powerplant.

We don't have the official details just yet, but we're told that this supercar stunner will produce around 1,000 horsepower. And when you consider that the whole car only weighs about 2,400 pounds, we're expecting some pretty impressive performance numbers.

Gallery: Hennessey Performance Venom GT in the shop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2qbKHyaXgk

It's here and ready to kick ass! :thumbsup::nuts:

Looks to much like an Exige..

Now, I can have a rant? :oook:

I'm sorry but why is the first thing that comes out of people around here is a comment about the design. There are so many cars out there, made for some reason, very diffrent from exterior or interior design. This car has been coming together for years, everyone knew it will be based on a Lotus. Why? Cause it's small and agile, just what Hennessey need for their massive engine and technical parts. It is based on an Exige, doh. The only changes they've made is to make it wider and longer, so all the new parts can fit.

I really think it's getting annoying that most cars are judged by the design. I know Jezza says that the looks of a car is the first and the most important thing, when choosing one. BUT for me, judging a car by it's looks only, is childish. That comes from the mouth of a 15-year-old boy, which used to be like that but realised that you have to use your brain, to understand how much work and hardship there is to create a single model.

/KoenigseggBG out

I'm sorry but why is the first thing that comes out of people around here is a comment about the design. There are so many cars out there, made for some reason, very diffrent from exterior or interior design. This car has been coming together for years, everyone knew it will be based on a Lotus. Why? Cause it's small and agile, just what Hennessey need for their massive engine and technical parts. It is based on an Exige, doh. The only changes they've made is to make it wider and longer, so all the new parts can fit.

I really think it's getting annoying that most cars are judged by the design. I know Jezza says that the looks of a car is the first and the most important thing, when choosing one. BUT for me, judging a car by it's looks only, is childish. That comes from the mouth of a 15-year-old boy, which used to be like that but realised that you have to use your brain, to understand how much work and hardship there is to create a single model.

/KoenigseggBG out

Amen to that. Your rant was well worth it and I completely agree with you. ;)

I agree with you when you say that there is more to car than its design Nick, But that's pretty much all I agree with you on from your post.

If it was me trying to create an engineering masterpiece, I'd want to go the whole way, Not do it halfheartedly, Like i feel Hennessey have done here. If hennessey had created their own design then I'd probably love this car quite a lot, but because they took the easier route and used someone else's I rather dislike it, Sure It's going to be very very fast, But it's not 100% "unique", If i was hennessey's CEO, I'd never feel 100% proud of my product, as it isn't all mine, I used parts from someone else's car. If lamborghini based it's new Murcielago on a Ferrari 599, tweaked it and added a new engine, would you be happy to call it a lamborghini - I know I certainly wouldn't.

Design plays a really big role in how I judge a car, It is important. I love the small details you find on some cars, I love the curves, the edges, the bumps you find on a car, it lets me know how much passion went into the design of a car, which in turn lets me know how much passion went into the rest of the car, the engine, it's performance, the interior etc. Hennessey put no passion into it's design, what does that say about the car as a whole?

Of course this is just my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own, I'm just not a fan of people using other people's designs (or badge engineering).

Sure this car is going to be amazing, But Hennessey could of done better, and really should of.

/KoenigseggBG out

Fair enough, but why have something that looks like something else or is ugly? (It think Gordan Murray had a quote like that when referring to the Veyron) I don't hate the car, and I can appreciate the effort that has gone into it and the fact it's fast, but like I said... In my opinion It looks to much like an Elise/Exige.