We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Windows or Vents/Spoiler

zubi

Windows or Vents?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Windows or Vents?

• Windows
    • Vents

Voted windows..

These are my reasons so please, do not think I am having a go at people who want it and people who don't. I am just saying what I think. :) I want to just make that very clear.

Positives Negatives:

1. Photomode if you wanted a picture with windows up and vents down, it wouldn't be possible and would get quite annoying.

2. Wouldn't work well with cars that actually use it as a air brake

"Oh look I just put up the air brake while going 200 kmh"

4. Getting pulled over by the cops when winding the windows down would put the spoiler/brake

5. Some people like windows and would have to make a mod have more versions just for those who wouldn't want that. (Would just create more stuff for modders to do, not that im complaining)

6. It would really increase requests/suggestions if most people did it

7. In a showroom winding windows down or up would cause the spoiler/vents to be raised when not even speeding

8. They are there for look really nothing important

9. (not 100% sure) when exiting a showroom the windows are winded up

10. Sound changes when winding the windows

11. Windows would be permanently disabled which would drive many people crazy

12. Would need then to create a version were windows do work.

13. Vents would raise while raising the doors :eek: Cause in order to work then need to be inside the door.

------------------------------------------------

Positives:

1. Would create a nice effect

2. Would make modders have less time creating versions for vents up and down etc

3. (I guess) It would just please a lot of people

Voted windows..

These are my reasons so please, do not think I am having a go at people who want it and people who don't. I am just saying what I think. :) I want to just make that very clear.

Positives Negatives:

1. Photomode if you wanted a picture with windows up and vents down, it wouldn't be possible and would get quite annoying.

2. Wouldn't work well with cars that actually use it as a air brake

"Oh look I just put up the air brake while going 200 kmh"

4. Getting pulled over by the cops when winding the windows down would put the spoiler/brake

5. Some people like windows and would have to make a mod have more versions just for those who wouldn't want that. (Would just create more stuff for modders to do, not that im complaining)

6. It would really increase requests/suggestions if most people did it

7. In a showroom winding windows down or up would cause the spoiler/vents to be raised when not even speeding

8. They are there for look really nothing important

9. (not 100% sure) when exiting a showroom the windows are winded up

10. Sound changes when winding the windows

11. Windows would be permanently disabled which would drive many people crazy

12. Would need then to create a version were windows do work.

13. Vents would raise while raising the doors :eek: Cause in order to work then need to be inside the door.

------------------------------------------------

Positives:

1. Would create a nice effect

2. Would make modders have less time creating versions for vents up and down etc

3. (I guess) It would just please a lot of people

I will answer with my opinion and respect to your opinion:

1. I don't think, that windows are so important in photo mode. if somebody doesn't wants spoiler\vents to replace windows, just use the original version.

2. ;) but have you tried ever in real life to wind the windows down at 200km\h ;) and it doesn't have to be air brake, it just can be spoiler, and the driver can pull it down when driving fast.

4. well i can live with that, i usually skip the scene, it gets annoying after a while. (also the moment when you wind your windows down, its a close up view, nobody can see the spoiler\vent)

5. thats why there will be 2 versions. for that mod you have to move and rotate 2 dummies, rename the parts, export, replace. it can be done for 10minutes.

6. i don't know, but for me the modding is to make people happy :) otherwise i will make the mods myself and use them privately.

7. most cars in the real world can raise their vents, spoiler by button, even when they are standing still.

8. i don't think windows have must have function either. yes, they change the interior sound, but there are people, who can live with that. :) this is arcade (hybrid) game after all, nobody should pay so much attention to the realism.

also the vinyls, other small stuff are also for the looks, but everybody likes them :)

9. yes, they are winded up. i don't see a problem...

10. yes, but like i said above, there are people, who can live with that.

11. different people, different wishes... when i play the game, i like to drive, not to wind the windows up and down all the time. (also when the mod is for spoiler, you can use the one dummy to wind the driver window, and the other for the spoiler)

12. its not a tough job, just attach the window to the door. also i just wanna ask, why don't try with one version, and let the people choose :D

13. yes, you're right, but i don't usually spent 15 hours in the showroom\house, opening doors all the time. once again, there will be 2 versions.

when somebody wants openable windows, download version 1. when somebody wants to drive with vents\spoiler, will download version 2.

i really don't see a problem to make everybody happy. :) (i'm not making a request, suggestion, i'm stating my opinion.)

Nothing personal, cheers!

p.s. also i think open-able engine bay lid would be more important (to see the engine), than to open the doors and see the interior (which has camera for it)

maybe it will be better to made high poly engines, and people could look at them. after all we should be petrol heads :D when i see super car in real life i want to see the engine. it makes more sense in a game, designed for car detail. also it would be cooler in photo mode. but i'm going heavy off topic, have i :D

in the end i'm making suggestions, which can make the game more detailed and cooler....

I dont understand why people are against this idea.

Most of you have played MCLA with spoliers going up and down, now isnt that better than opening a window?

Com'on get a grip. Glass moving down or body panels moving to drasticly change the shap of a car.

EDIT: Besides with 77% of the votes can't you people see this is what people want.

ok, i don´t know it is a work in minutes, thought you had to work on the whole model... maybe somebody (i´m not looking to anybody directly:D) could make two versions of any car which fit well and count the downloads for each version, maybe it´s as clear as here ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Voted for VENTS for simple reasons.

1. For 'realism' purposes I close windows (if I had them open anyway) at about 100km/h. Reason? Because you wouldn't want to be driving in ANY car with windows down at over 60 miles an hour (100km/h) - too much draught.

2. They SLOW you down and increase fuel consumption - second one does not matter in game but try driving for a month with windows down and see what you will pay for it. And if you drive say Mercedes SL65 AMG and need to get somewhere fast of course you will close the windows as car goes up to 20km/h FASTER with windows UP and accelerates better as well.

3. Ooooh, moving parts, how COOL. That one speaks for itself.

4. Bugatti Veyron's rear wing - if its up it wont do 407 but it will corner better, if its down - break land speed records. But if you think it comes up automatically think again - there is a slot in the door frame (obviously), stick a key in there and turn it - voila. 1 million dollars supercar has its wing locked DOWN.

5. So vents CAN be controlled. Now imagine you actually own a racing car. They have windows made of plastic and for saving weight you cannot open them anyhow. But you can open vents and slots in the car.

the way I would propose these mods to be done would be the more realistic way. (sort of)

if car has hidden spoilers/closed vents = Windows Closed position (so it will go faster)

if car has visible spoilers/open vents = Windows Down position (so that we will imitate spoilers and vents causing drag so cars will go slower - thats what they do in real life).

Now Im interested to see new meaty spoiler and vent mods but those things seem like pretty big and advanced changes, not something you can do in 10 minutes. Then again, I know nothing about this stuff so it will be interesting to see.

• 1 month later...