We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Pedestrians

MclarenF1GTR

What do you mean "can't be hit"? How would that be possible? If they were to be on the sidewalks, there'd either have to be an invisible map barrier or some racing barrier which would be stupid. Although, I would like pedestrians to be in the game though, but I just don't see how you wouldn't be able to hit them.

What do you mean "can't be hit"? How would that be possible? If they were to be on the sidewalks, there'd either have to be an invisible map barrier or some racing barrier which would be stupid. Although, I would like pedestrians to be in the game though, but I just don't see how you wouldn't be able to hit them.

Well they can use the MC:LA style where pedestrians hit the walls when you try to hit them.So no harm is done to them.

Well they can use the MC:LA style where pedestrians hit the walls when you try to hit them.So no harm is done to them.

i have this game

-pedestrians can't be hit, but yeah i would agree with lag but not singleplayer

IN Midnight club los angeles

singleplayer has pedestrians that can't be hit but multiplayer doesn't have any because of yeah console limitations

but hey this game has done lots of great things 24 hour day and night cycle, weather(rain), civilian cars (GMC), advertisements, great visuals and that's about it

Like Midnight Club 3 they escape and u cant hit them, or Midtown Madness 1 and 2.

Midnight club 2, you can hit them, they fall and after a bit they dissapear.

I think the game "Crash Time III" by Synetic puts it best:

There are no pedestrians in this game because they wouldn't be safe from you!

:cheeky:

Seriously, though, wouldn't pedestrians just be people online who are walking around outside there cars? It'll be interesting to see how TDU2 handles collisions between the two...

-Leadfoot

I get the feeling that you'll only see pedestrians when the cars are not moving...

i.e.

...Before a race starts

...At a club or car dealer or other shop

Otherwise lag could be an issue. Since pedestrians don't move at 400kph (although I shudder to think of the hacks that could be made to change this) you can have more of them (32). I'm guessing that's the reasoning being done at Eden.

And that too, pedestrians can't be run over by stationary cars (just don't forget to pull the handbrake). :)

^ I wouldn't mind it to be honest, but I do agree there needs to be more hustle and bustle, Oahu while beautiful, always felt a bit lifeless to me. So there needs to be details like I dunno those light beams that turn on at clubs at night or people lining up at the front door.

Maybe they could add them just to the main town/mall areas. If they did though, I would want them to be high quality pedestrians. Otherwise I would want an option to disable them (as would those with low FPS counts). Maybe it could be a cheap DLC.

Maybe they could add them just to the main town/mall areas. If they did though, I would want them to be high quality pedestrians. Otherwise I would want an option to disable them (as would those with low FPS counts). Maybe it could be a cheap DLC.

Even if you disable them i may still see them.And let`s say i try to hit them what would you say?that i`m nuts hitting air?

Driver 2 and I think the original Driver had decent pedestrians. Not in the way of graphics obviously, but in the sense that if you attempted to run them over they managed to run out of the way most, if not all the time. You wouldn't want things getting GTA-like on a game like this which is played by a wide range of age groups. And from my perspective if you're never going to be allowed to run them over by either just making them unhitable or making them dive out the way all the time they're a pretty pointless addition. Or maybe I'm just too violent.

I spent hours trying to run pedestrians over on Driver.

My take..

Why peds:

OK it works without, but why remove, I mean should they go ahead and remove the trees too? They obviously supply immersion, and local AI peds could be density adjustable, 0-max.

0-evil function:

Make AI and User peds Invisible & untouchable dynamically way before collision, with the margin distance adapting to car speed (stationary car=nothing happens except User-ped gets blocked and AI-ped walks around).

This will remove the "fun" of even DISTANT chases on side-walks and also rid any graphical silliness inside the car.

Network:

* Global AI peds is probably way too hard, (maybe if strictly confined in path and timing), but local peds in an on-line game is good enough, and it would enable a "set density" choice.

* Adding 8 USER-peds shouldn't be a problem since there's only 8 cars +8 LOW net cost passengers if done right (doesn't send globally, only signs to the driver, and so mostly just receive).

=16normal 8light. Should be quite doable.

Even if you disable them i may still see them.And let`s say i try to hit them what would you say?that i`m nuts hitting air?

It's already like that now with loose objects.. (plants, signs, boxes, surfboards and what not).

The difference with trees is that age ratings of games aren't increased if someone somehow manages to run one down. In most cases I think a tree would win against most types of car.

Also running over a tree would not be seen as murder, well it might be in some cultures but in general it isn't. They also don't spout out blood when a part of them is ripped off.

Blood is the difference between age age rating of a 3+ and a 18+ or whatever rating they use these days.

As true as that is you will always have people wanting to run people over, I agree though peds are good for immersion. It was funny in MCLA when they commented on how good or bad your car was.

yes yes :) mueheh..

But as I described in post #20

That problem can be 100% eliminated.