We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Fuel Consumption

Eudemon

Fuel Consumption in TDU2?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Fuel Consumption in TDU2?

Usually in the mountains there is a small shop with a gas pump which looks a lot different to a petrol station in the suburbs. As long as there are fuel stations every 10-15kms or so and along the main routes, we should be fine. That said, we've heard nothing about fuel so far, so there's a decent chance that it won't make it into the game.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually in the mountains there is a small shop with a gas pump

This is true but is also very dependent. There are remote areas in the UK where you have to head to the outskirts of the nearest town or village as there is no fuel in the mountains for many many miles.

I would actually like to see fuel in the game, but as stated by oh so many people, as an option.

There's not that many mountains in the game though. You could, for example have one either end of Mt Kelekole (in the neighboring towns of Schoefield Barracks and... the other one, Waipahu or something I think). You could have a few along the Fergus route... one here for example:

[imghttp://lh4.ggpht.com/_C0PrNGg_f9I/SxrYrdmguzI/AAAAAAAAE48/PhDT1BbSt-A/s400/20091205141414.jpg[/img]

They don't need to be massive petrol stations that don't exist in real life. Something like this:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Melbourne+Cbd,+Australia&ll=-37.948699,145.5376&spn=0,0.008234&t=h&z=18&layer=c&cbll=-37.948623,145.537526&panoid=lywENHKsy_hQOd2a-uXm-A&cbp=12,92.69,,0,4.02

Usually in the mountains there is a small shop with a gas pump which looks a lot different to a petrol station in the suburbs. As long as there are fuel stations every 10-15kms or so and along the main routes, we should be fine. That said, we've heard nothing about fuel so far, so there's a decent chance that it won't make it into the game.

You seem to be missing the point I'm getting at and focusing on minor details of my post. The point is I'll be forced to do something, whether that be a quick burst or a long slog it becomes tedious if there's no entertainment value to be found. It would be so effortless to make it an option, so my question to you is why should it be forced on me during all the time I play and why it will improve my driving experience by making me stop at pre-designated locales whether I like it or not. I don't want to be pulling over for fuel on a near regular basis, it just isn't interesting, and if I barely ever need to, through long range from the fuel, then it's not adding to the gameplay at all anyway.

Stopping for fuel whilst in a non-competitive environment just seems like a novelty, not a gameplay enhancing feature, whereas in a more competitive situation it offers an extra element of strategy just like tyre wear. I remember putting petrol in my motorbike for the first time was kinda cool as it was the first time I'd ever filled my own machine, but now I wish I could just keep on going forever and the same will apply in the game to me. It doesn't really matter even if there's full on gas stations in the mountains, it's still not fun to pull in one when I don't want to.

Ok, that's fine. How would setup the option though. Keep in mind that Eden are avoiding menus as much as possible.

Maybe it could be automatically decided depending on how many online players you're cruising with or how many you are locked to. There would have to be an Options menu when you press Start/Escape where it could be toggled. You could enable or disable it by pressing a button on the keyboard.

I would be happy to disable fuel when playing by myself, but having to stop when cruising with friends, even if it is sometimes a chore, adds more realism to the cruise, and for better or worse, that's what I'm personally hoping to see in TDU2. I'll only be doing races and what not for maybe the first 30% of time I spend playing the game, the rest will just be cruises (I think, unless new game modes or challenges form DLC, or Eden host their own tournaments).

Pause - Options - Gameplay - Fuel Consumption - On/Off

Warn the player that doing so will put them into the appropriate online servers and away ya go. Just like preferences/filters work on other games so you can play that mode or map you like. I agree it will be a nice touch on an organised cruise, but it would be icing on a cake rather then the real nice chocolatey centre we're all after and given the choice I'd remove that icing to avoid any annoyance of tedium it may cause elsewhere.

I would agree with what has been mentioned since my last post, but only if the game allowed you to play the missions in hard core mode and offered bigger rewards for the higher difficulty.
Yeah I'm with you on that one. Basically like Forza is, the more aids you use the lesser the difficulty and reward.

There are other titles operating the same risk reward type systems such as Grid, Dirt, Midnight Club and even shooters are either starting to (or already have but I'm not aware of) in the form of games like Red Dead, rewarding more XP for higher difficulty settings. It's a no brainer and it encourages people to use the harder settings and use them properly. It helps improve the general standard of play from a games community overall.

its interesting that the discussion turned to more difficulty=higher rewards.

thats how TDU1 was when played on the PS2. in races you had 3 separate levels you could do with the most difficult being worth significantly more money. never played X-Box version, was it similar?

(of course,on PS2 you could also tune the reward cars)

its interesting that the discussion turned to more difficulty=higher rewards.

thats how TDU1 was when played on the PS2. in races you had 3 separate levels you could do with the most difficult being worth significantly more money. never played X-Box version, was it similar?

It was the same on the x360 and pc, but they still allowed driving aids and so on to achieve those higher times, i would much prefer a single time and options such as driving aids and fuel to act as the difficulty rating. At the end of the race it should use the damage to the vehicle, driving aids and fuel status to give more exp and cash. That would be my ideal game play.

• 5 weeks later...

i voted yes as an option, but it would be really hard to fit this in game, if you wanted to go for long cruises down country roads, you would struggle because there wouldn't be a fuel station there, the other option would be to put them all a certain distance away and that wouldn't work either. would be cool though!

i voted yes as an option, but it would be really hard to fit this in game, if you wanted to go for long cruises down country roads, you would struggle because there wouldn't be a fuel station there, the other option would be to put them all a certain distance away and that wouldn't work either. would be cool though!

The Enzo (guzzler) holds 110L

Combined cycle 1.85L /10 km.

That's 594km(369 miles) on one fill-up.

I think stations are closer than that (the whole length of Oahu is ~700km).

And if you stay long at a desolate place you can turn it off, OR quickly(<-said to be) teleport-refuel-teleport back.

We want TDU2 to get any kind of refuelling by DLC's, we'll have to get more votes here. TDU C is now known over at Eden Games, they know it's a huge site with lots of dedicated people, so if we get hundreds of votes the chances of refuelling coming by DLC's will increase.