We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Trailer out now! [UPDATE 14-12-2010: 11th trailer released]

Eudemon

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant understant why people are complaining..the game will be awsome..most likely the best racing-car collecting game ever...The graphics looks outstanding they are not realy like crysis but not far away, the details put in cars, are stagering ...if you look clowsely in the trailer you can even spot what type of paint the cars have..some have mettlaic others mate..the details are outstagering. Alsow the handling i bellive will be the best in any racing game...they talked so much about how is better than the one in the first game..and how they improved anything..and that they make the bikes separate as DLCs for the sake to nut ruin the handling i am more than 100% procente that the handling will be good, semi-sim like and probably a HC mode where is 100% sim like.

The 2nd trailer in my eyes looks 10 times better than the first. I bellive this will probably be the 1st contender for the game of the year

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use other techniques to mimic swearing, thanks.

Look, I still like the first one maxed out on my PC, and graphically, the second one has even more detail in textures(+bumpmapping), and then there's weather, day-night cycle, more detailed objects etc...all of that is awesome, but it won't be worth much if the cars handle like crap, it's a driving/racing game first, and then sims/ken & barbie accessorize everything type of game!

So far, of what I saw in trailers, handling-wise, it doesn't impress me at all. Couple that with the statement from one of the interviews, that "the handling was challenging in the first game, so they changed it to be more accessible"?? I'm sorry, challenging??? Maybe, if he's talking about beginners in HC mode, which he isn't, so that's a scary prospect for me, because I like the exploring, the graphics, all the new features and so on, but it will all fall flat, in my eyes, if the handling is indeed old school arcadey...I want to play it with my wheel and really enjoy learning each cars differences and advantages...

Ken & Barbie :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I do agree with everything you are saying.

We will see. I don't think this trailer says much about any handling of the cars. It's unfinished and it's a trailer ;)

---------

(Click to enlarge)

th_56642_asc_122_23lo.jpg

I love this scene. Roads here looks incredible. Lightning/shadow also look very nice. And... it looks like the passenger is almost taking his head out of the window :D

I wonder if it's any cool features as being a passenger other than pushing left/right buttons, like maybe a recording feature. Then I'm thinking... Street racing :D Hopefully you will be able to finetune your cars :)

I cant understant why people are complaining..the game will be awsome..most likely the best racing-car collecting game ever...The graphics looks outstanding they are not realy like crysis but not far away, the details put in cars, are stagering ...if you look clowsely in the trailer you can even spot what type of paint the cars have..some have mettlaic others mate..the details are outstagering. Alsow the handling i bellive will be the best in any racing game...they talked so much about how is better than the one in the first game..and how they improved anything..and that they make the bikes separate as DLCs for the sake to nut ruin the handling i am more than 100% procente that the handling will be good, semi-sim like and probably a HC mode where is 100% sim like.

The 2nd trailer in my eyes looks 10 times better than the first. I bellive this will probably be the 1st contender for the game of the year

Please dial back your fanboy knob, you're too loud!:rolleyes:

If you're referring to me(and I think you are), read again what I wrote. I'm pleased with how the game looks and with all sort of features it offers, but it is a driving game, and as such, it should represent car handling realistically, but from what we've seen in trailers, that doesn't seem to be the case currently, however much Eden wants to repeat that it's all "better" now, because if they've made it less challenging(from interview) than the normal mode from the first game(really unrealistic arcade), it will suck.

Anyways, there's still time and I hope that the game will feature options(handling wise) which can be turned on/off that will satisfy those of us who prefer realism...and from the start of the game this time!

IMO there is far too much fuzz about the handling while we don't really know anything about it yet. Just remember, it's only a trailer. You can't properly judge handling by watching a video, let alone a video half a year before release. And who says it's actual gameplay and not some staged/animated scene (yes i know they said ingame, but you can stage stuff in the game's rendering engine too)? And remember the TDU1 trailer?...handling in that looked far worse than in these two trailers but the handling in the game was actually a lot of fun. And even in youtube videos people took ingame in TDU1 it sometimes looks odd and different from what it actually feels like when you yourself are playing.

If you ask me there are far too many unknowns to even begin judging handling.

Ken & Barbie :lol::lol::lol:

Yeah I do agree with everything you are saying.

We will see. I don't think this trailer says much about any handling of the cars. It's unfinished and it's a trailer ;)

---------

(Click to enlarge)

th_56642_asc_122_23lo.jpg

I love this scene. Roads here looks incredible. Lightning/shadow also look very nice. And... it looks like the passenger is almost taking his head out of the window :D

I wonder if it's any cool features as being a passenger other than pushing left/right buttons, like maybe a recording feature. Then I'm thinking... Street racing :D Hopefully you will be able to finetune your cars :)

ME TOO

I LOVE THAT TOO:excited:

So, what dealership do you think that dealer actually is? Obviously in the final game the cars won't be sold like that, right? They must be having normal dealers and whatnot....and do you think we can at least test drive or look at club exclusive cars in a dealership, just can't purchase it?

...when you see the passenger view then it looks like he turns he's head/camera using a console gamepad...

That could be true. Well unless they changed the controls to what I did (Home : Look up, End : Look down, Delete : Look left, Page Down : Look right), when I press those keys while driving, it turns like an actual console stick. Try it yourself if you want but I don't think it's that much of a big deal IMO.

Anyway, for something more on topic, about the helicopter thing with the Q7, it could be a replay camera from like a race. In TDU, there was a camera from a helicopter that you could choose.

Well honestly I gotta admit the handling of the cars didn't look brilliant, but how am I supposed to judge it well from a video? Perhaps the handling isn't that bad.. perhaps it is that bad lol

I'm waiting for a video that shows the playability of the game instead of what we've been seeing now..

Hopefully they'll release an open beta and we'll be able to test it like in TDU1 :D

Ok, I have created 3 discussion threads for the main topics that seem to concern people most of all:

Exclusive Club Cars (merged with SuperHyperTDU's 'Club-car only?' thread)

Car Damage

Car Handling

We've had polls on some of these topics before so you could tell everyone how you would like TDU2 to be, these threads are where you can discuss what you do or do not like about how these features are taking shape as we see more videos or read more articles about the game. New members can also ask questions there. Hopefully this will help keep the threads in the News section a little cleaner so that the news stands out a bit more :lol:

Thanks guys ;)