We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

My French Tank

me™

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe nice, I would recommend new wheels for it though. Black preferable, other than that its very epic and clean looking ride!

These wheels are staying! They're evil. :cheeky:

I just won something interesting on ebay yesterday. An entire Bosch setup. This is; Bosch fuel pump, lines, injectors, and pump bracket.

Why do I want this? I hear you ask. Well, the Bosch pump was fitted to earlier models of this engine (mine has the Lucas pump). The Bosch delivers a smoother power band, the injectors run at higher pressure, the pump itself is much easier to tune, aaaaand... it can run on 100% straight vegetable oil!

Aaaaaaaaaw hells yeah!

Oh, I got the lot for £80 with free postage. People on pug306.net are asking for £90-100 plus postage. Bwuhaha! :D

EDIT: I got a new sticker too...

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z245/matt88sco/French%20shed/isurvived.jpg

Yeah, so what, it's squint. My fault. Meh, the car's a bit of a banger anyway, kind of goes with the theme.

You should get steelies and paint em red, think it would look bad-ass :p

I would actually like to get hold of some 15" steels and paint them a silly colour. Somebody on the 306 forums had some from a Citroen Xantia, but they were a bit far away, couriers cost a fair bit for wheels.

LOL at the stickerrr :D Nah get some rally wheels, it would suit it so much trust me (:

Rallye wheels? You seen the price they go for?! I ain't made of money! :cheeky:

Rallye wheels? You seen the price they go for?! I ain't made of money! :cheeky:

Yeah I know, but as a long term save up project :P

Look at this: Rally Special 12" Alloy Wheels x 4 (NEW) on eBay (end time 09-Apr-11 10:15:39 BST)

I don't mean Rallye wheels, I meant any rally type wheels. I see tons of 106's with some 18s looking ugly as hell around here, but a nice 16" Rally (maybe OZ) wheels would be amazing ;)

OZ Superturismo WRC Edition:

4_white_oz_superturismo_alloy_wheels_with_tyres_92643563048830447.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Meh... wheels are fine for now.

Forgot to post this earlier, but on Saturday me and my dad finished the timing belt replacement and Bosch fuel pump conversion. Took us two and a half days! Most of it was the timing belt, water pump, and timing belt tensioners though. The fuel pump was just a few bolts.

Anyway, it's changed it into a totally different car! The Bosch pump revs much more freely and the power just never runs out! I need to do some fine tuning to kill the off-boost smoke (it's really rather bad :o), but I've got some information from the 306 forums which I'm going to use tomorrow. Hopefully it'll sort my smoke. As fun as it is, I know I'm going to get pulled over sooner or later.

I've already got it running on roughly 50/50 diesel and veg oil. That's only because there was about a third of a tank of diesel in there anyway!

So yes, quite simply, very very happy with the Bosch pump. It pulls like a train and runs much smoother.

Would be interested in seeing before/after performance figures (at least -60 times).

Erm, I don't have a before time to compare, lol.

I still wouldn't call it 'fast' by any means. If it could do sub 10 seconds 0-60 I'd be amazed. :lol:

This car has more attitude than speed. Cruising about chucking out soot with the turbo whistling away, all while leaving a stench of burned veg oil in its wake.

:btup This is what I love so much about old cars!

Hehe. The tyres are so narrow that you don't actually need to break the speed limit to have fun.

EDIT: I would still LOVE some of the 106 rallye wheels, as posted above...

-- OLD IMAGE REMOVED (imageshack) --