We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Hands On - 360 Magazine May 2010 (Issue 67)

t.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Hey your from L4P right?

Yeah, that's me

The only reason I used PGR's physics as an example, was because it had one of the better phyiscs going on for arcade racers (PGR 2 at least), but anything is better than what we had to deal with before.

Didn't get a chance to read it yet, but it's downloading now.

Edit: I have a feeling the "casual VS realistic" feel comes with the car being AWD VS RWD. AWD is probably more forgiving and easier to control in the game, where as the RWD cars make it more difficult to drive. Because they compared the Audi to the Ford for the scenario...that's my guess on it. It's the only way you can "graduate" from one to another.

;312731']Hate to disappoint you, but they're not even including bikes at all at first. Sorry. :(

But they'll be in later as DLCs.

-Leadfoot

That's fine by me, just as long as they make it in. In the first TDU bikes weren't available from the start either since you had to unlock them, so it's not too different in that respect (unless it takes months for them to bring out the bikes).

^ OK, send me a PM on how you did that..:)

Jumping cars can be done anywhere, but that was taken on the bridge going to Ford Island. Basically I would start at one end of the bridge and my buddy would start at the other end, and we'd both drive straight down the middle on the yellow line towards each other. When I start to see his car I lift the front wheel of the bike and I take off like a jet.

With my bike going 200+ mph and his car also going 200+ mph, when I hit him it's equivalent to jumping a ramp at over 400 mph. :eek2:

I don't think this gameplay element (if you want to even call it that) was intentional, but that's part of the appeal. I'm scared the new physics and handling engine won't let us jump anymore. :( Time will tell I guess.

surely at anything more than 100mph collsions are deactivated? :s

or is that just my copy of tdu?

Trust me, they're not deactivated past 100 mph. That's how I was able to get so high on those jumps.

They ARE inconsistent though, as you mentioned. I think the latency/ping between the two colliding players is a big factor in whether the cars collide or not. For instance, my brother and I both have a copy and play on the same connection, and can hit almost every time. But when trying it with other players, especially my friends from other countries, it's better for their cars to just sit still (I just don't go as far).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...