We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Don't want customization in TDU2? Show us why!

Ryzza5

All you have to do is fire up any car game that allows car customization, and make the car as ugly as possible. Post photos here. The worst looking cars will earn you some juicy rep.

Even if you do want customization in TDU2, feel free to join in with pics.

Standard TDUC image rules apply.

epcp_1001_01_o+brabus_e_class+side_view.jpg

holy_riced_out.jpg

picture.php?albumid=46891&pictureid=129444

Believe it or not, but there's a true entire scene that focusses on tuning like on the last picture: pasting colored cardboard on cars which is tuning. They usually consist of floppy bodykits, roadscrapers lengtening the nose with 3 feet and a spoiler that doubles the height of the cars. I am so happy I don't live in Japan, I'd move out to another country just to prevent seeing the fail they introduce to the world.

I only want customization of recognized and official tuners. BMW M, Alpina, Audi S/RS, AMG Performance Studios, etc etc. Luckilly TDU2 gets visual damage, I'll drive every ugly car I'm forced to drive in (race requirements etc) into a canyon.

EDIT: and yes, I hate Brabus. They pretend like they are RUF, but they do half work and charge you three times the amount of the basic AMG version. You'd be off cheaper if you got the Performance Studios to build you a one-off car from scratch.

Each person has their own individual taste, I like standard cars or some body kits aslong as they are understated and aid the looks of the car, I myself like the smooth look, so no spoilers, bump strips, decals. I like the car to look clean instead of placing a vent in to any panel with a space larger than 3cm on it.

If people want something different than me then fine, I would prefer it if they let people customize as much as possible, that way you can judge what is coming and either die of laughing, take a different route to avoid a crash or agree that you like their style too depending on how many pieces of barbies summer cottage are stuck to it.

I am presuming that the customisation will amount to the same as Forza3's, so ill be stuck with changing rims and paint, but that's perfectly fine to me. - I hope they'll let you remove the registration plates on the car so you can create your own through decals like i had to on forza3.

But, even if we can only modify paint... there are always people who will do this:

Just fire up any Need for Speed after NFS6 modifiy any car as much as you like and there we go, that's why we don't want car customisation (unless it's factory tuned, like a ford with a ford manufacturer's kit) even juiced goes too far, as TDU is more of a car manufacturers game.

Just fire up any Need for Speed after NFS6 modifiy any car as much as you like and there we go, that's why we don't want car customisation (unless it's factory tuned, like a ford with a ford manufacturer's kit) even juiced goes too far, as TDU is more of a car manufacturers game.

See bold, there is always the option to not customise as well. As much as we see terrible cars like those posted, none of us are forced to such silly modifications. I do like some modified cars, usually more discrete, and I'd like some options to personalise my vehicle as I wish and if someone else doesn't like it they don't have to look at it. There's nothing wrong with the option itself, more the way some people use it.

The difference between this and the NFS games is that on NFS customisation is an essential part of the game, the reason many of the series exists in fact. In TDU it can be a side thing, where you may do it if you wish.

Licensed tuning houses, yes. Eden's own creations, no. If no real world tuning house makes body kits for E-types or Spyker's I don't expect a games developer to fill the niche. There should simply be no option to modify these vehicles.

Well that's the point: the lifestyle consists of buying anything, fixed or unfixed, goodlookin' or ugly. They have to buy because they need to spend money, they have too much money so they don't know what to do with it. And look at all those bodykits of all those tuners, people with lots of money often seem to have forgot to buy ''taste''.

TDU is about the cars and the lifestyle, not what you can do to them.

More specifically, luxury lifestyle. Tired of the Supra and Honda fanboys wanting their cars in the game. :rolleyes:

+ 1 million. I actually want customazation. Stripes,rims etc.

Not a game, but gets the point across...

I can appreciate the work that goes into a thing like that but hope a GOOD car game will never take that much away form a car, be it a rabbit, BMW, chevy, or any other respected car.

I think there should be suttle changes like paint, and a select FEW rim choices. Per the car. Really like to see tire choices, size brand ect...

• 1 month later...