We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went through this issue also yesterday when I used this mod in combination with the HD mod... in fact, changing the GPU setting did work, but I got the problem again after starting the FRAPS Fps counter (just did Alt + Tab, started Fraps).

Even after stopping Fraps, the issue remained. I had to restart the game to bet rid of it.

So I think sometimes, the video settings are "jammed" by windows or other softs, especially if U use the Alt + Tab to switch to windows without stopping the game.

TD38

Nice job man, my only problem with it is when I'm driving, the road in the distance is all black and its hard to see and its very distracting, is there a way I can fix that?

As has been mentioned several times in this thread, it is the AF(Anisotropic Filtering) setting. It needs to be set to 16x either in ATI CCC or Nvidia Control Panel.

It may be a good idea to add it to the first post iLLusion. :p

....?

Sorry guys for lack of my activity, but I'm a bit frustrated with the fact that I just can't find right setting for saving road textures, so that you don't have to set your AF to x16. I've spent literally days in finding out proper settings, but till this day, without any result. Like I said in my previous post, default road textures have 9 mipmaps, but for some strange reason, DXTBmp saves mines with 11. Seems like Opelos_HUN find a solution for it, since his roads in Crazy Winter and Tropical Paradise work without any problem. I'm just hoping that he will reply back to my message, cause I really need some guidelines on it. While we at it, I would really appreciate any help I can get, so if you have any experience in making roads, please try to get in touch with me so that we can sort out this mess together. ;)

Cause of my inability to solve that problem on my own, and the fact that I worked hard for last month or two on it, I'm gonna take a break from it... don't worry, v0.9 will be back on track with (hopefully) working mipmaps, further flora changes... and so on. I'm expecting to finish final look of most of the nature, so that I can start working on low res textures in next versions. Also, v0.9 will have at least one type of new weather.

IP v0.9 will be worth waiting for!

I install this mod and have this... black color on the road

Benzina... It's mentioned around 1000 times already throughout the topic. Couple of times on this page also. I even wrote it in the first post, right under the download link:

Don't forget to set your AF(Anisotropic Filtering) to 16x, either in ATI CCC or Nvidia Control Panel.

So tell me, how come you failed to notice it? :confused: