We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

iLLusion: Island Paradise v0.9.5 + Autumn and Winter Add-On

iLLusion

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JohnMalkovich

Thanks for posting those shots, they are great. :)

@Kevin1994

Thanks for the pics.

@Rubie38

Wow! Just wow! That video is incredible! +rep

EDIT:

I wanted to make crossroads similar to Ibiza (TDU2).

214eg61.jpg

Still not 100% satisfied with them... should I get rid of that and just put normal asphalt instead?

http://i56.tinypic.com/214eg61.jpg

Still not 100% satisfied with them... should I get rid of that and just put normal asphalt instead?

Your Winter is looking amazing! Maybe if the stripes on the crosswalk were brick then they would look better.

And I don't know much about winter but I think the brick would look shiny, if that's easy to do to the road it would probably look really good.

That was a just quick tryout and I didn't bother with all tiny details. I've drove today on Oahu, and unfortunately it doesn't go well with the rest of the roads so I'll have to abandon the whole idea. Oh well, another idea sent to the recycle bin I guess. :p

To make this post a bit interesting, I'll post a pic from IP:

6pu7gm.jpg

And a pic from Winter Add-On:

309tw1x.jpg

---

Due to my busy schedule, there's no way for me to finish work on v0.9.5 and Winter Add-On in reasonable time... In the best case scenario, I could finish it till the end of January, but there's no point cause... you know, TDU2 is due for release in early February. Since the feedback I got was overly positive and I'm quite sure a lot of people are anxious to drive on snow covered Oahu, it's time to ask for your help.

I would need a texture modder, or modders (the more the merrier) to assist me with the Winter Add-On. Only requirement is some basic knowledge of TDU texture modding and a lot of patience. :D

If you got what it takes, and would like to be a part of this project, send me a PM and we will discuss about additional details there. ;)

btw.

If you don't get reply to your message soon, I should say that I'm in the middle of changing my ISP at the moment, so I'm going to be without an internet for few days. I'll reply back ASAP.

@JohnMalkovich

Thanks for posting those shots, they are great. :)

@Kevin1994

Thanks for the pics.

@Rubie38

Wow! Just wow! That video is incredible! +rep

EDIT:

214eg61.jpg

i think you should go on with that ideia! it is a very good picture and i think that the people are a litle tired of the asphalt...

so bring us that old roads!:chewy:

ps that one reminds me of mafia 2

@edwin

A bit snowy fun is always welcome. :p

@jorge

I might release them as a separate road mod in the future. ;)

@Marco21

You are on the Island Paradise topic, you do the math. :P It's Island Paradise mod obviously. :D

@andresbo

Thanks.

Nope, there are no changes to the physics at all. And yes, HC icon is removed in Full Edition.

---

Expect Winter Add-On for the next weekend (12.12.2010.)! More details, pics and videos to come soon! ;)

Winter Add-On gameplay video posted!

This is my first 720p YouTube video so enjoy! ;)

Sorry for awkard driving, my Momo is in the box right now since I didn't used it in a while, so I had to use a joystick. :p

I'll post more videos and pics in next few days. :)

EDIT:

Autoinstallers are done, I'm going to send IP + add-ons to my beta testers soon. :)

I'm going to upload new winter video in few hours.

@JohnMalkovich

They look like they are straight from TDU2. :)

@cyrex

Chances for that happenin' are very slim. Don't get me wrong, all the major work is already done, but I'm still left with writing updated INFO, then I gotta make some new shots for v0.9.5 and it's add-ons, not to mention I gotta fix some bugs that are reported... So it's more likely IP is going to be delayed, lol. :D

---

Last night I've experimented with textures and the end result was a photo realistic tree.

2rcpyfb.jpg

It doesn't go so well with the rest of the flora, so I'm going to save this one for TDU2.