We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Beta feedback sub section

t.

I know there's a fair possibility that the boys in blue will have already reserved this idea but I thought I'd throw it out anyway. It is all rather hypothetical at the moment, of course.

In the event that we get a decent number of us into the beta programme I think it would be useful to have a sub forum within the TDU2 section to report bugs. Of course this will be alongside the official forum and we will make sure anything reported here is reposted there and provide a link to it as proof of reposting.

Why is this helpful? Well I'd personally like a way to keep track of what everyone here is finding as you guys are the true TDU heads, not just those wanting to play the game early for the sake of your e-peen.

Can't we just use a thread? Yes we could, but I personally prefer this option as we can have a thread per bug, keeping it easy to manage and find bugs and also to check if what you've found has been found before and add to it. Duh, use the search feature n00b... yea we see daily how well people manage that.

We could keep this subsection for the length of the beta and close it down upon release of the game, keeping a backup to cross reference with the finished product.

/End of essay

Also keep in mind this might not be allowed. I don't know how betatesting goes but I can imagine they don't want testers to spill out anything on the public forums, and that if there is something that needs to be fixed, testers may only say this to the devs. Also there might be a little chance that specific info should not be told, to not spoil the fun for the rest.

This could work well if we were to work it with Eden, allowing their devs to come into the section and keeping it for Beta testers only to view. That way people outside the beta would not be able to view it. There will more than likely be a way we can confirm they are beta testers so it shouldn't be a major issue to do it this way.

Yeah, I like this idea, in case of NDA, we should create a 'Beta Testers' subforum, with restricted access, given only to members who were proven to be testers, just like the green room ('the what?' room I hear certain members ask :p)

I really don't want to have to migrate to another forum just to discuss the beta, considering that the official forums, and its member-base aren't my cup of tea (I just congratulated myself for not swearing there...) and we know that the devs and the excellent PR team check here anyway. (Lee has tipped his hat to us enough, we should return the favour!)

One thing you'd have to do though, is to disable image tags in that forum. I remember in the APB beta the dev-team and moderators were very strict about images being uploaded to free-access sites like photobucket, as people could just view material that was supposed to be NDA protected. Because of that, photos would have to be attached to posts.

Also, I think that infractions and temporary bans from the beta section should be made for people in breach of NDA.

I wonder if TDUc members will get any sort of priority in the beta? or if the devs will give Diab some beta codes/keys... *crosses fingers*
To be fair there are many communities worthy of this also; tdu2.fr, tdu-c.de, tdu.pl, tdufrance.forumpro.com, tdu2.es, tdubrasil, independenttuners and more I can't think of right now.

I'd love to get in on it myself. Just have to wait and see!

signed up for the Beta this morning ... fingers crossed ... shame it didn't have a bit to describe yourself etc ... but I guess they'll find out themselves that I have full gamerscore for TDU ... and I bought all the DLC ! ... they just wont realise how I liked the bug bits ... or hosted silly events

not really, considering that a lot of people see betas as a very big demo, wheras our memberbase is part of what makes the game still so popular online today. they said it themselves, the devs have made the game around our (and other sites) requests. they will need to make sure that it meets our expectations to make sure that they still have the TDU formula right (I mean, if we, the hardcore fanbase, who provide the game with thousands of players to this day don't think it's good enough, or needs improving, then the ordinary fans won't play it)

The Beta program would provide little value to the devs if the participants were chosen randomly, otherwise they wouldn't ask us to fill in a form. They might even check the email address we used to sign up to the TDU2 website to check out our TDU1 account (assuming the same address was used) for further insight, but I'm not sure about that.