We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 article in the latest Finnish Gamereactor magazine

superhyper

It's nothing big and there's not much we don't know but I just wanted to let you guys know :)

Test drive unlimited 2 continues modeling luxury cars and the lifestyle that comes with them like its predecessor. The first time the game was shown they showed the paradise island of Ibiza with its roads and car shops and I was surprised when they showed the game second time, they showed a second, huge island of Hawai'i which was included in the first part.

The pearl of Pacific ocean is updated with its topography and outfit to match Ibiza and you don't have to play much before you can already get there. In addition to Oahu, clearly meant for fans, Eden Studios promises to listen to people when it comes to DLC. For example, if the community wants motorcycles, Eden will make motorcycles. New tracks and cars are sure to follow.

The demonstration had a bunch of new features in addition to the polishing

(My note: The sentence refers to cleaning our cars but I wouldn't be 100% sure). Car damage is now in as well as drivability depening on weather and roads. Damage is taken from little scratches in the paint to panels falling of, but you still can't completely trash these envied cars. Damage affecting drivability wasn't still 100% sure. During rain the slippery asphalt gives a challenge to driving around the bends and without four wheel drive, offroading will cause you to spin out and lose your speed.

But still the most important part was that we could test the game behind the wheel of 2 different cars. It was sadly short and limited to only cruising. During it we tested a looser Mustang and a tighter Audi. Where as the fantastic and sharply acting Audi was maybe a bit too easy to drive, the Mustang, which requires more from the driver, felt really different and easily turned into four-wheel slide. Judging by the demonstration, car handlings have big differences, but still it feels more like fun gameplay than precise realism.

Technicallythe game seems really good. Loading times and transistions on the island are quick. Even though the handling will probably be improved, the cars act consistently and the bit shredding psychics engine didn't flip the cars suddenly to the roof or inside walls, which can happen in early versions of the games. The user interface seemed really good.

In addition to the graphical eyecandy, the game is full of small details including city lights that light up when it becomes dark and the ragtops, which automatically rise when it rains (My note: !!! I thought it was manual?!). The car interiors are more detailed than in any other racing game I have played. Even though there is the solid online part, the single player doesn't need constant internet connection like in Ubisofts notorious copy protection.

Filled by enormous islands, countless luxury cars and varied online play, TDU2 jumped high in my racing game wishlist. The demonstration version I played was a bit rough so the handling is still a little bit in the dark, but the unplayable version showed that the balance between fun gameplay and realism is good. We will wait for the test version and its thousands of roads

Sorry if some bits are messy, I'm a bad translator :o

And I would appreciate if Baldy or someone could move this to the TDU2 news section :)

E: The article didn't have any new pictures, just these: 1 2 in case anyones intrested

Damage affecting drivability wasn't still 100% sure.

What? They everywhere say there will be no effects to the technical side of the car, and now they are ''considering'' to put it in anyway? Not that it's bad, but it's kinda odd :p

New tracks and cars are sure to follow.

New tracks? I assume new roads, not tracks, right?

...the ragtops, which automatically rise when it rains (My note: !!! I thought it was manual?!).

I thought that too :\ . First it seemed automatically controlled, then TDU2.fr said it was manually controllable too, and now it's auto again?

Yes, but only Unranked races can be stringed together, which does nothing to improve your achievements unfortunately. Ranked matches kick you back out of the lobby one the race is finished, and the few times you get a race going with a friend, some n00b turns up in a S7 or something and isn't using Hardcore mode. :(

I've hosted MP race tournaments via the forums in the past, I may do so again before TDU2 comes out.

Damage affecting drivability wasn't still 100% sure.

What? They everywhere say there will be no effects to the technical side of the car, and now they are ''considering'' to put it in anyway? Not that it's bad, but it's kinda odd :p

New tracks and cars are sure to follow.

New tracks? I assume new roads, not tracks, right?

...the ragtops, which automatically rise when it rains (My note: !!! I thought it was manual?!).

I thought that too :\ . First it seemed automatically controlled, then TDU2.fr said it was manually controllable too, and now it's auto again?

The damage thing: it was a word that can be understood in 2 ways: It's not confirmed or it is work in progress

New tracks thing: the magazine said tracks but I assume that it means new islands etc.

The ragtop thing: maybe they have both? So if you don't put it up yourself, the game will put it up to prevent your beautiful car becoming soaking wet

The damage thing: it was a word that can be understood in 2 ways: It's not confirmed or it is work in progress

New tracks thing: the magazine said tracks but I assume that it means new islands etc.

The ragtop thing: maybe they have both? So if you don't put it up yourself, the game will put it up to prevent your beautiful car becoming soaking wet

I assume this for the ragtop, when the rain starts, it automaticaly put it up so you dont ruin the car,like lol ruin the lether inside of your car, i dont think they plan on reparing cars in the game ,and about the manual ragtop well maybe this is when you whant to put up the ragtop not necesary when its needed,like when its suny outside and you stiil whant to cruize with the ragtop on you can do it,or you can open it again, but when its raing the ragtop autmoaticaly is put over.

I posted some of those already in another topic, official TDU2 site up topic or something...

Maybe we need one topic for all new screenshots to prevent 5 people posting it throughout the TDU2 section.

you are right because when i come here on forums i see about 20 topics, i dont now witch one to see and where to post news :))