We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will tell you why they don't mak DLC for the pc.

It's called Illegal Download.

Modders will always find a way to do it, if they're not released for the PC. As for illegal downloading, I hear that some people actually bypassed the DRM in Assassin's Creed 2 though it took them a while. Now that's impressive.

Yea, that's why i rather get it by -30% discount, with Normal Edition. Few Cars Bonus, which you'll get in two hour gameplay. lol.

I Find that with Most Special Edtion , there only maybe £5 more, or the same price!(well, where i am anyways) Unless its a Special Edtion with lots of stuff, in-game and not ingame, they tent to charge anything up to over £100 extra!(I'm looking at you GoW3, GT5 and a few others!)

Criterion never released the Island and CnR because they were sick of PC players hacking, pirating, and modifying the game.

(or so they said)

I dont know what they were excpecting, but not releasing it was a mistake. I wanted it so badly :p

I have to say, the brand new trailers, screenshots, gameplay videos and everything else looks GREAT!... I love how they keep commenting on the ford transits in the picture of the cars :)

Edit: DAY TO NIGHT CYCLE!

(look at the topmost video on criterion's site)

I love how they keep commenting on the ford transits in the picture of the cars :)

Edit: DAY TO NIGHT CYCLE!

(look at the topmost video on criterion's site)

I love there Ford Transit comments as well! I mean why they have a pic of Veyron or whatever in the same shot? :cheeky:

I'm happy about the day night cycle! Loved it on Paradise as well! Made the place feel more Alive! I'm sure somehere i seen weather mentioned, i'll look it up again!

The Panamera cop car also looks surprisingly good. :drool:

I also have to agree! And i hate the car! :confused: This dont make sense! lol

I was esp annoyed with Criterion, since I initially purchased BP on the PS3, then I bought it on the PC, then I bought most of the DLC for PC, then I found out the last two wouldn't come on PC, but then they wanted me to buy the same DLC on the PS3 (despite using the same account name and email address), so then I said

and stopped playing it altogether.

NFS looks fun (in a Blur/Split Second arcade kind of way), but I wouldn't mind making a video with some friends in TDU of a cop chase that appears similar to one of the NFS trailers to show how 'Unlimited' is superior. :)

But you cant. Atleast, not yet....

:p

I wonder if there is going to be a demo out soon, because it seems as if they have enough cars, freeroam area, and effects done to have a demo up and running.

Ryzza, even though you used the same address and all, you are buying the DLC's from a automated machine. They have no way of knowing if you are the same people. If you bought TDU2 on PS3, bought a DLC, would it appear on the PC version? No.... X360? Probably not.

Then again, If you have a game thats Games For Windows Live, and you buy a DLC on Xbox live they might give you a discount...

They have NO way of telling. Call criterion if you want it so badly, but they'd probably tell you the same thing.

Funny that, because when I log onto the Criterion website to check my game stats, it asks me which platform I want to check, PC or PS3. Both are the same username tied to the same email address. Even so, a quick email to tech support should be able to resolve it but I never heard a peep.

I wonder if there is going to be a demo out soon, because it seems as if they have enough cars, freeroam area, and effects done to have a demo up and running.

I'm guessing they should have one soon, Probs near the end of October i'm guessing !(only coz Paradise demo was out in December,and the game came out in January!)

Funny that, because when I log onto the Criterion website to check my game stats, it asks me which platform I want to check, PC or PS3. Both are the same username tied to the same email address. Even so, a quick email to tech support should be able to resolve it but I never heard a peep.

Don't wanna start an argument, but:

Are you account stats exactly the same? Do you have the same amount of minutes driving on both? your accounts, even if they have the same name, aren't the same. They are made on different systems, which have different coding, which got different updates. Just the fact that the PS3 version has CnR, and the island makes it invalid. Also, don't bash criterion for it, they didnt make the online for paradise.

Guess who? EA.

However, lets not ruin a thread about the brand new HP by bashing the crap outa criterion.

after your reply to this, the discussion ends :p

BTW: Ryzza, sorry i even started the argument.

Eden should learn about advertising their game from these people to be honest.

Now THAT I'd love to see! :lol: The tweets would be great! :cheeky:

@Leearigold: Atari planning test day for TDU2! Stay-tuned...

@Leearigold: Currently bringing TDU2-stickered SLR from Cali to France.

@Leearigold: SLR delayed.

@Leearigold: Atari giving the SLR a special journey - the Mayflower inverse journey, a 3-month replica of the first pilgrims, except done from the US to Europe! Great fun!

@Leearigold: Trying to convince models (people not cars) to come to show. Weren't interested in car-building process. Tried to explain twice...

@Leearigold: Tried to hire celebrity singer. No money from building giant cardboard signs reading "Beyond Racing."

@Leearigold: Out of orange paint. Only 1/2 can of white left.

@Leearigold: TDU2 test day no longer public. Invite only!

@Leearigold: Great showing! Seven people, excluding staff. Got great pics! Going to be making trailers!

@Leearigold: Trailer coming soon of all the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party!

@Leearigold: Trailer of the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party delayed.

@Leearigold: In two weeks, I will announce the date of the release of the trailer of the great times we had at the (invite only) TDU2 party!

@Leearigold: LOL, just noticed that 3000 people stopped following @Leearigold and started following @NFSHotPursuit. Funny coincidence!

-Leadfoot