We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit by Criterion

Rai06

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we can't compare Eden/Atari with EA/Criterion.

EA releases a new NFS every year, so they are fast and every NFS game is atleast a 2 year production i think.while they are finishing one they are aldeady in the start of another.

Also they have alot of Companys that makes the games: Sligthy Mad Studios, Criterion, Black Box. EA (insert country here).Thats why they make NFS very fast.

They show cars becuse they know that they will have tough competion. GT5 is the main one in the PS3.

Usually NFS was a game in which you could use walls to take turns at high speed, Shift wouldn't let you escape with that. For NFS terms Shift is very realistic.

The SLS btw for Hot Pursuit 2010 looks very fake, it has some toyish feel to it, not in the last place because of the horribly done wheels.

Shift? Realistic? :rofl:
Include few Physics editing mods for PC, and it is indeed realistic. And if you played it on a Easy level, with all stupid Traction control stuff - no surprise that you are rofling.

Well, even i was - when i turned on the option of Braking-help.

But now, to the point of the Hot Pursuit 2.

I really have some quite high expectations about this one. I hope that joint forces with Criterion, will actually work - and we'll going to have some nice title to play on. ; )

Usually NFS was a game in which you could use walls to take turns at high speed, Shift wouldn't let you escape with that. For NFS terms Shift is very realistic.

But Shift in itself wasn't very realistic at all. Ok, I'll admit the graphics and sounds are very good, but I've said this before and I'll say it again: the driving physics SUCK. Some of the rest of you mentioned Undercover was like driving a boat? Shift is like driving a very understeery slot-car. The back end steps out so easily under normal cornering (strangely not oversteering), which makes it VERY difficult to get a good line through a turn. Then the moment you try to powerslide the car, it either spins, or you try and correct it and it spears off to the side. And why do all the tracks seem so freaking bumpy?

Include few Physics editing mods for PC, and it is indeed realistic. And if you played it on a Easy level, with all stupid Traction control stuff - no surprise that you are rofling.

Well, even i was - when i turned on the option of Braking-help.

I've never tried any mods for Shift (I don't own a copy), but of all the times I've played it, not one of them was on Easy mode. Most times I played, I chose the most difficult setting. And it still wasn't much fun. Very hard to get corner entry speed + turn in correct. And all this while using a G25

Diablo posted the link to some nice screen schots, Though i'd post this like for the Carlist...Showing what cars are only for the Fuzz, Racers...or Both!

http://hotpursuit.needforspeed.com/game-info/cars

Some that raised an eyebrow for me were: Porsche Panamera Turbo, Alfa 8C and the SLS!

Also i think we can get a rough idea of what cars will be in thanks to that list, Theres going to be at least another Lambo in(theres a gap between the Superleggera and the SV) and Theres a big Gab Between Alfa & Audi!

I'm just saying!:D

Ed - Theres a 'collectors Edtion' comming out as well, and it gives you Exclusive access to the Alfa 8C and the Mustang GT500!

If you will be able to tune your own Cop-Car in various ways - I already like this game.

And i'm just thinking, how is it going to look. One-One Chases, or Freeroam and - chases. I just can't figure that out... Yet. E3 haven't revealed too much of info.

I'm guessing that it'll have freeroam chases in it, much like Most wanted, you got set challenges to get bounty and you got races to do! But if your the fuzz insted of starting a bounty, you may see a random racer blast past and you have to shut them down!

Anyways, that carlist i posted, some cars that are not on it, but on Criterion games website(not the official NFS:HP one)...give away some cars not showen...

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_106.jpghttp://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z23/calster-17/Other%20stuff/Need%20For%20Speed%20Hot%20Pursuit/th_van.jpg

I like the way they do these pic's!

incase your too lazy to look, The wrighting under the first pic says

"Porsche Carrera GT, as featured in Criterion Games' forthcoming Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit"

the Second pic has "Bugatti Veyron, Aston Martin DBS, Pagani Zonda Cinque, Porsche GT3 RS and Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG. All featured in Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit." written under it!

I like how there giving stuff out, not useing the offical NFS website! they did that with Burnout Paradise as well!

It's dependable on the skills.

Game being realistic, don't exactly go in pair with being easy.

Skills? Heh, maybe my skills are attuned too much towards proper race sims. I seem to have no problem whatsoever with rFactor and Live for Speed. Hell, in June I took part in a race simulator driving competition (rFactor), and won tickets to the Singapore F1 race!

And arcade games? Blur I can do well, NFS MW and Carbon I could do well, DiRT 2 I can do well, and I even held the world record timing for a few of the time trial tracks. And I have the screenshots to prove it.

I'm sorry, Shift is just not a very good driving game...

I'm sorry, Shift is just not a very good driving game...
Game ratings are divided.

I honestly don't care what you played, or what you do. You just suck at Shift, or you don't like it.

And it's fine. : )

Veryon, actually should be only a Cop Car. It's too expensive and heavy. Not a good combination for a potential suspect/runner.

(And that comes out from me, because i don't really like the Veyron itself. : p)

I just found out thanks to a friend, there is a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition, and it's got two Exclusive cars:

The Alfa 8C and the Stang GT500!

Youalso unlock 4 cars(non Exclusive) right from the start, Cayman, TTRS, Camaro and Challenger! Although These 4 cars are beeing offered as Pre-Order bonues by a few places!

I Know what edtion i'm getting!:D

I just found out thanks to a friend, there is a Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition, and it's got two Exclusive cars:

The Alfa 8C and the Stang GT500!

Youalso unlock 4 cars(non Exclusive) right from the start, Cayman, TTRS, Camaro and Challenger! Although These 4 cars are beeing offered as Pre-Order bonues by a few places!

I Know what edtion i'm getting!:D

Yea, that's why i rather get it by -30% discount, with Normal Edition. Few Cars Bonus, which you'll get in two hour gameplay. lol.

You can ask NFSMike why they're wasting their time making a PC version of the game when they'll only give us second-rate support and not make all the DLC packs available to us just like NFS Shift and Burnout Paradise. :lol:

You know. In most games there's such a void in gameplay which gets filled only with the DLC which has to be bought seperately...makes me mad. It's like buying a pizza then paying again for topping.