We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

PoTW: Week 59 Voting

CarMadMike

Which entry is best?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which entry is best?

• 1. M a r c o P o l o
    • 2. Aston007
    • 3. Mrs Softie
    • 4. SuperhyperTDU
    • 5. venomscott
    • 6. Malakai
    • 7. reventon09
    • 8. BMW_RobertL_93
    • 9. Stak
    • 10. SiwusVR6
    • 11. Milli
    • 12. zo6dude
    • 13. Teo_21
    • 14. traktorbek
    • 15. Bimmer
    • 16. Seizure
    • 17. M@ster
    • 18. DJdan
    • 19. Ryzza5
    • 20. Flegmatica
    • 21. scuderia_458
    • 22. Eeshan
    • 24. Austinmartindb9
    • 25. freddiegdude
    • 26. DiSCiPuLo
    • 27. RamseyOfficial
    • 28. Pressurized

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to have to agree, Its only getting votes because of the car in it(not that like thats bad though, its a ZR1:drool: ) and because no one wants to look at Saturns for a week.. but still seems unfair to the others who actually put some effort into their pics instead of just lining up in front of the Saturn dealer with a nice car like Pressurized did, plus I'm pretty sure you had to be driving a Saturn, even though it wasn't stated, I guess the winner who chose that theme assumed everyone would.. just my opinion.

Exactly, I agree completely. My vote went for Siwus.

So you're saying i put no effot into my photos? I allways put effort into my photo's to make them the best they can possibly be. I especially put effort into my photo's that will be entered in any contest.

And it's not really my fault any of you didn't use the loophole in the rules... At no point did the rules say you hade to specifically take a photo of an actual Saturn.

So you're saying i put no effot into my photos? I allways put effort into my photo's to make them the best they can possibly be. I especially put effort into my photo's that will be entered in any contest.

And it's not really my fault any of you didn't use the loophole in the rules... At no point did the rules say you hade to specifically take a photo of an actual Saturn.

Not all of them, just that one, anyone can park in front of a dealer and take a picture. No offense, I'm just saying..

ITS COMMON SENSE!!!

Then what the heck is the theme doing there in the first place...

If the theme is "Ferrari" i could easily grab a One-77 or a RUF with the ferrari logo in its rim and take a picture of the car, does that mean its allowed? HELL NO!!

If the theme is "Black and White", Does that mean i can take a picture with sepia effects and drive a black car with the white sky in the back? NO!! BECAUSE IT WONT FIT THE THEME

Its not up to me to DQ you or not but around 7 ppl think its unfair that people actually TRY to make ugly cars look good or better yet awesome

and someone else just randomly comes along with a sweet-ass ride and parks it in front of a saturn dealer... ITS A ZR1 OF COURSE ITS GONNA BE BETTER AND LOOK BETTER AND ANY SATURN EVER BUILT (at least in my opinion)

just trying to make a point here...NO OFFENSE INTENDED

ITS COMMON SENSE!!!

Then what the heck is the theme doing there in the first place...

If the theme is "Ferrari" i could easily grab a One-77 or a RUF with the ferrari logo in its rim and take a picture of the car, does that mean its allowed? HELL NO!!

If the theme is "Black and White", Does that mean i can take a picture with sepia effects and drive a black car with the white sky in the back? NO!! BECAUSE IT WONT FIT THE THEME

Its not up to me to DQ you or not but around 7 ppl think its unfair that people actually TRY to make ugly cars look good or better yet awesome

and someone else just randomly comes along with a sweet-ass ride and parks it in front of a saturn dealer... ITS A ZR1 OF COURSE ITS GONNA BE BETTER AND LOOK BETTER AND ANY SATURN EVER BUILT (at least in my opinion)

just trying to make a point here...NO OFFENSE INTENDED

Agreed 100%

Yaay 1 vote :) thanks for the 1 that voted for my picture.

I do agree with that.

Rules should be stated clearly that you have to be in one, I could even modded my Aston DBS just change the badging to Saturn, that technically would of passed cause all the rules said was "Saturn" If I could mod TDU world I would of entered the planet "Saturn" cause it also doesn't even say it had to be a car. ;)

Rules should be clear when someone chooses a theme, actually detail the rules. *not carmadmikes fault though*

Guest turbo lag

The point is that it didn't get disqualified, and it wasn't a loophole, it's just smart. Nobody else obviously thought of that, and because of this you're taking the piss outta him? Common sense is kind of subjective, rules aren't. They clearly do not say "Take a photo of a Saturn branded vehicle".

To echo what's been said, the theme is clearly stated as:

8. Theme: Saturn

Not that you had to be in one, or even that it had to be to do with the cars themselves at all and thinking outside the box should be encouraged not punished to create more unique and differing photos. To claim Pressurized didn't make an effort is cruel and likely untrue, it doesn't take alot of effort to line up in a Saturn and take a half decent shot, in my opinion it still would have been a nice photo even if the car was a Saturn as well. If anything it took more effort to think of a way to make Saturn a more interesting theme by using a more interesting car in the photographers opinion.

Granted if everyone starts doing it, it won't be making good photos but similarly they'd start getting less votes by copying the trend based on past success.