We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Gamersyde: TDU2 Cars & Customisation Trailer + Images

Eudemon

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meh, never liked porsche. I don't like their lack of design innovation anyway. The Cayenne and the Panamera are just plain ugly. Sure, a 911 looks nice, but aside from the carrera GT there's no porsche I really like. So if RUF is in TDU2 good, if not I couldn't care less. Me would rather see some japanese rally cars anyway (how epic would it be to have a evo and impreza combo). Which reminds me GT5 even has the top gear test track, too bad I don't have a ps3...

Ruf's are considered a manufacturer, for some reason, unlike Techart, Gemballa and 9ff, which are just tuners. Although they make their own special models, registration still says Porsche on it. Ruf cars actually say Ruf on the ownership and that's because they just buy frames from Porsche and rebuild it with their own mechanics and whatnot (for the actual Ruf badged vehicles). The other three just modified the existing vehicle as opposed to being torn apart and rebuilt.

I would prefer Porsche over Ruf given the Cayenne is better than the Dakara, the Panamera doesn't have a Ruff counterpart, and I think it'd just look better next to Lamborghini and Ferrari in general since those were the "big three" fighters back in the day.

I thought Gemballa got the same recognition a while ago also? The reason RUF's are RUF are because they get an unmarked chassis from Porsche and then everything else is done by them. And I think I remember reading that by German Government standards, if 70% or more of the car is different from the donor then it can be classed as an actual model by that maker.

RUF are a Porsche tuner but they also make and sell their own cars under their own name.

I believe Gemballa stopped all its activities due to loads of things, including the sudden disappearance of Uwe Gemballa. So I don't know how likely it'll be to see Gemballa's.

But their Enzo was starting to grow on me...seriously.

Couldn't care less about Porsche. Have ignored them in pretty much every game except NFS Porsche..What I'd like are some hot sport hatches.

Isn't much of a shock to be honest, neither do I really care. As long as RUFs are in at least you still get something as close as mechanically/physically possible to a Porsche.

I liked the RUF RTurbo in the original Test Drive Unlimited, for me it was a crazily good drifting machine.

Sounds like no news unfortunately.

I'm getting more and more negative about hearing the cars and the amount of cars will be the same as in TDU1. It's odd, especially since like 60% of the voters chose A New Ride as most wished-for feature for TDU2 on the official TDU2.com site...

Ye but those might include like dozens of cars that could get deleted due to license issues, ending up with roughly the same amount.

I say it once again, it's an odd case they apparently made the game first, and focussed on the main stars of the show only at the last moment.

What me not? Not writing article for you?

There's absolutely no news in it that we don't know, it's a quick repeating about the social aspects, detailed cars, offroad vehicles and clubrelated info we already know. But if you still want it completely written what he said, I could do that. It'll take some minutes though.

BTW, I didn't see your post first. I took too long typing my post, so I missed yours. Sorry :)

Here it is. I'm not too sure what he said in a few spots but this is like 90% correct I think :p

The top level [……] of Test Drive Unlimited 2 is really the essential of the original game, ofcourse. All the key things we did in that game we lift to build upon them and kind of explode those out and make them even more exciting. So those key things are firstly this single-player and multi-player blend that we kind of pioneered with the first game where you don't pick single-player or multi-player, you just go in a place the same thing, you come across online players, you flash your headlights, you have some fun with them, some races, hang out with them, all sorts of stuff. Secondly it's about this luxury lifestyle, it's about the fact you can kind of not just pick car, pick track, race. It's a lifestyle that people who can afford these cars, enjoy. So it's about picking your car, going into a showroom, appreciate it, looking at it, we got a new Out-Of-Car mode now where you can actually go around now and look around, get inside it, check out the stitching, which wasn't in the first one. Likewise you can do things like exchange your clothes, your avatar, your hair, you can buy houses, you can do all the cool things you can do when you have that level of money.

One of the other key features, ofcourse, is a big open world, so [……] we like high-risk cars but you can't redo anything outside of the track, no we had super detailed cars but you can also see miles off into the distance, all the detailing you can see, you can drive there, you can go on the road and you can go óff the road, everything’s real and everything’s there. And infact, the fact that you can go off the road is we now got offroad vehicles in there as well so you can kind of do that. And finally, you know the big thing we build upon is the fact that there’s a very very social experience with people, many many people that tell us they just went in there and just hang out with their mates, they were in their Aston Martin or in their Ferrari and they were hanging out and driving on the roads in the first game, so in this one we done lots of things to kind of enhance that and to give players lots of opportunities to kind of hang out with their mates as well as interact with the proper community.

So ehm, players can interact with themselves in many many different ways, so obviously on the road you can flash your headlights, you can get involved in a quick race, you can do that sort of things, and we now have clubs, which are the equivalent of clans, so you can group up together with up to 31 friend so there’s 32 of you in a club and you can basically race together, race against other clubs, earn money and get some simple rewards you need for the clubs. When you’re in your house you can invite your friends over, you can all hang out in your house, you can show off the stuff you bought, in the garages where you have a collection of cars, you can bring your mates there and show all the cars that you got, in showrooms, anywhere that you’re not in a car you can hang out with people, show off your clothes, show off your possessions, ór go in the cars and show off your driving skills.

I can’t talk about really specific numbers for the cars and the manufacturers, what I cán say is it’s gonna be roughly the same as what it was in the original game. We’ve reveiled some of the cars, we got the Zonda Cingue, we’ve also got the Aston Martin One-77, which are amazing, high-end, very very expensive cars and they’re kind of indicative of the sort of deals that we’re doing and the sort of things we want to get in the game and the stuff that’s in there already. Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be out for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC and it’ll be available on the 21st of September