We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Doctor G - BETA SOUND MODS (NEW: SLR, BRM V16)

Doctor G.

Here you can find some unfinished sound mods that would deserve more work : http://www.youtube.com/user/DoctorGuillotin.

I have tendences to experiments dozen of sounds and to not finish them totally because it's long and difficult, sometimes impossible.

So if you don't mind fuzzyness, uncleaned samples, unajusted volume levels and other little problems, you can now enjoy (and help me to make them better) the raw power of these low-fi sonic treasures! (Preview videos can be a little different from the mods)

Send me a private message about the sound(s) you want to test and I send you a link (please don't ask in this thread).

Users with less than 10 posts are ignored.

The only thing I ask in return is a little comment here about it (which doesn't mean just "good job" or "it's crap").

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! This Vette sound is really nice but if you reach very high speeds and you listen at the onhigh loop carefully you will be able to notice all its imperfections... I can't do anything better at the moment unfortunatly, and anyway I don't even know if it worth the pain considering the lack of feedback...

some people don't give feedback because they don't know how to "say" it in english(ok,some don't for pure laziness) and the marjority don't even visits the beta sections

but don't give up doctor,your sounds are sick and i want that vette sound badly :lol::lol::lol:

Doctor G.

I love all all sound from U

Thank You

Thanks you too!!

some people don't give feedback because they don't know how to "say" it in english(ok,some don't for pure laziness) and the marjority don't even visits the beta sections

but don't give up doctor,your sounds are sick and i want that vette sound badly

Yes you must be right, I must have been depressed when I wrote that, feel better now :p About the Vette sound I'm working on it but I doubt that the final result (if it happens) will be much different :(((

Thanks for your support!

• 1 month later...

Hey Doc,

your sounds are absolutely brilliant, amazing work! :thumbsup:

Though, I've problems downloading the Vette C5R sound - everytime I'm following your download link I'm being redirected to the main filefront side (file missing)?

Could u pls look into this?

Thx in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmm... I posted 7 sounds so far and I have less feedback than threads concerning just ONE sound, maybe people don't like when there is no embedded video I don't know, but I'm not gonna post here anymore, remember a beta isn't something finished that you should be happy (or unhappy) with and that a minimum of feedback is necessary to give me some indications on what you like or dislike in it, and you don't have to speak a perfect english for that.

I thougt a dedicated thread like this one would have been more appropriated and I don't know if it would be very correct to make such requests on threads that are not mine. But however, if anyone is interested to try some old and fresh betas and then give 1 minute to write what he thinks about it in 2 lines, thanks to send me a PM. Cheers.

The 250 GTO is done for all intents and purposes, I've been using that one on the 365 Daytona since it was posted.

The F40 LM has just a bit too much transmission whine for my tastes.

And the Gallardo sounds great in the bottom 3/4's of the sound, but the top end sounds like something is missing, it sounds like it lost it's "grunt" that it had so much of in the bottom end.

The rest I haven't tested yet.

well i liked the CCR sound since release but also thought about a better version of it.

i took the video of your source and tried it my self but cant get it good enough.

the samples are quite good in windows but they're sounding rubbish ingame

maybe i can show you the samples and we can try to make it much better? : )

Diablo : you had the good idea, I just should have set a more specific title like this one sooner, even if I wasn't really looking for real beta testers, rather get short opinions from comments, but it's fine like this thanks.

Kurgan : thank you for these observations, it is helpful (but I don't see what you mean about the transmission whine in the F40LM sound mod because there is none, it uses the Miura bnk which has no secondary effects).

Urban : sorry I trashed this link, this sound had issues than are not fixable (mostly because the source is too poor, I realized that) so I gave up with it.

Cimento : I gave up on that sound for the same reason, the source is also too poor to get something good, but if you want to send me your samples no problem, i'm curious to see what you managed to do !

Done.

I've received your samples and I think it's better to forget this video, no good sound mod can come from bad amateur audio with poor dynamics like this one.

Just one thing : Many of your samples aren't stables. A sample is like a note of music, it must be linear, stable and not change of tone, no matter how long it is. If not, it will not sound natural in the game, exactly like changing the tonalities in a music would make it sound false and painful to listen. It must turn in loop the more perfectly possible at the same tone. It's the hardest part (and not always possible) of sound modding from rubbish audio and many of your samples were not stable at all, so I would suggest that you work on this (learn how to use the doppler tool, or whatever it's called in your audio editor), from a better audio than this one of course.