We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TopGear Season 15 chat - potential spoilers.

Ryzza5

I won't be able to watch Topgear until a few hours after you UK people get to, so you can post your stuff here instead of the chat box and I don't have to worry about reading spoilers. :)

Note to self, must unsub from this thread ;)

If you've never heard of it, you'll likely want to check out www.finalgear.com for the extra info in their forums

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've made a very appropriate trailer from the crazy family video that appeared a few months back:

Its brilliantly done :excited:

I can't wait for sunday.

This from the TG blog (think its Hammond):

Hello again. Sorry about this. Really thought Wilman would have written a blog by now. Instead, he skulked into the office yesterday, listened to our first read-through of the script and then scarpered back to the edit suite. Shortly afterwards someone noticed that an entire family pack of McCoy’s had gone missing. So, you’re stuck with me. And I’m stuck with these Mini Cheddars. They’re quite nice actually. Writing day went quite well, ta for asking. We even treated ourselves to a break of 90 minutes (plus stoppage time) to watch the England game. Jeremy spent much of the match outlining why the entire squad should have their pay cut off for a year, and James briefly fell asleep. That’s no real reflection of the game, or indeed Clarkson’s opinions. He just doesn’t like football very much.

Today, excitingly, is the first studio recording of the brand new series. We’d normally do this on a Wednesday, but with the World Cup game on TV, we assumed there’d be no one in the audience and cunningly shifted proceedings by a day.

For what it’s worth, my personal highlight of this show is Jeremy’s investigation into the benefits of three-wheeled cars. It’s a proper piece of insightful journalism. Oh alright, it’s not. But it is very funny. So funny that Clarkson says the film crew were sometimes unable to hold their cameras steady, such was their unbridled mirth. It’s got some unexpected celebrity cameos in it, too. The people who are expecting TopGear to have gone all sensible probably won’t like it. But if the studio audience laugh this afternoon, we’ll know we’ve done a decent job.

Must go. We have a show to rehearse. And some crisps to eat, obviously.

Glad they're sticking with the forumula

Should be good, although i'm lousing intrest slowly as alot of it is now pre-scripted and seems like it(in the past it never seemed it as much). And every episode is now just a challenge for them! I prefered it when they did one a season(like the DB9 to Monaco) and did other things such as taking 3 cars to a place and testing them head to head(like the XKR, 911 Turbo and the M6 at a beach in Wales)

Eather way least its somthing good on TV....i only get Channles 1-4 :o

I think the footage was planned as promotional from the start, why is the quality of this promo so much better than the original? You can't increase quality like that. They must've modified it to make it look like a mobile-phone video and got someone to upload it on their personal account.

That's what I think anyway.

I don't see any trailors there Mike :cheeky:

O, shoot, now I'll have to unsub again :lol:

To be quite honest, who really gives a flying rat if the trailor was staged or not. If thats what you care about then, aren't we missing the point somewhat.

Everytime a new TG on, there's always a fight to see who can claim it was staged first... It doesn't bother me either way. ;)

I'll always love TG even if it has plateaued a bit. Although Hammond is starting to annoy me a bit

Pretty excited to see what the new reasonably priced car will be... Hopefully something good this time :cheeky:

Lol the trailer was orginally a video posted on youtube, I like what they did there.

I saw the Land Rover campervan and the Lotus one parked up at the test track when I went to a car event along with some cars from there other challenges about making a track car :)

Can't find the photo now :(

So looking forward to this :nuts: I really can't wait. You'll be watching on Youtube Ryzza right? Where else? I want to see it pretty soon after it comes out! The ad is pretty good I think. But I hope there are some changes this season from last ones.

Final gear's Top Gear countdown is keeping me updated :p

Don't forget to upload to YT for the rest of us (actually don't, because your account gets banned, but hopefully someone...)

There's actually a few interesting options of cars, but I bet they'll go for something cheesy, like the i30. Shame the Dacia Sandero is not on sale in the UK. The would've been highly amusing. Oh, and that reminds me; it seems as if they ask the companies for cars as publicity (no idea why they would accept, if celebrities are publicly acknowledging that they're crap once a week).

A lot of possibilities, but I don't think they'll do anything "good" (read Ford related). What's the UK version of the Chevy Aveo?

-Leadfoot

Just found this..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16826278&postcount=76

Don't know about the validity of it though. They could be unveiling whatever it is and taking the pee out of a new car which has been 'revised' but looks like the old one or it could be the new reasonably priced car.

Yes I have read the person's edit.

The post after says it's a Kia C'eed.

Why would I watch it on YouTube when I can get it from FG in much better quality? I, uhh, have every single episode on my HDD :)

Or you could go to Casttv they have every new episode of Top gear within about 20 mins and there no downloading so thats what I use and its aweesooome!

Just found this..

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=16826278&postcount=76

Don't know about the validity of it though. They could be unveiling whatever it is and taking the pee out of a new car which has been 'revised' but looks like the old one or it could be the new reasonably priced car.

Yes I have read the person's edit.

The post after says it's a Kia C'eed.

That post would be right, did have a pic of the proof somewhere