We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

About DLCs and customisation

the_gatrix

Hi! I was playing TDU1 right now when a few ideas came to me.

1. Atari has confirmed DLCs (as you remember, bikes will come in that way) and they said that other islands would be included. What do you think about an island based on Switzerland? With snow, lots of mountains... Is too early to talk about DLC, but I think one day Ibiza and Ohau wont be enough :rolleyes:

2. Developers, please, work hard in vehicule customization!! I'm not talking about just choose paint and put vynils, I'm talking about real customization: Extras, engine... Cool things that can make the difference. Just for an example: Enter on Ferrari site (Ferrari.com) and configure a car. :excited:

I dont like the sticker customization idea and bodykits etc would be even worse. I mean some skilled people will be able to make mona lisas etc but think about most of the people in their "cool" cars...but I would love the customization where you could for example choose if the front lip in Mclaren Mp4-12c is carbon, car color or black as you can on the real deal, if you understand what I mean :)

As often I stick to no customisation, or only OEM, stick to the carbrand. AMG Performance Studio (responsible for the conversions to Black Series), BMW M, such stuff.

DLC locations, well I already opted once for an imaginary island that has all sorts of weather and environments. Eden did a truely fantastic job with NFS5, they just have to combine environments of all the tracks they made for NFS5, and turn it into one non-existing location. Monaco was perfect for cities, the Alps with the heavy snow and poor visibility for the high mountains, Corsica for coastal routes, combined with the tracks Normandie and the Pyrénées. There were some other tracks too, I'd say, smash them all into one island.

Switzerland would make an interesting island xD simply because IRL it's several thousand miles inland :p But I see what you're saying, it's geography could be really good

I still want the Isle of Mann as a DLC island

The customization I'm talking about is in the buying process. Feeling free to choose if our Ferrari (for example) has race seats or comfort seats, if it has the Scuderia logo at the sides... The things you choose when you really buy the car, not just the rims, and exterior/interior colour.

Switzerland would make an interesting island xD simply because IRL it's several thousand miles inland :p But I see what you're saying, it's geography could be really good

I still want the Isle of Mann as a DLC island

It's geography is astonishing! Imagine lots of incredible mountain routes full of snow and ice!!:drool:

The customization I'm talking about is in the buying process. Feeling free to choose if our Ferrari (for example) has race seats or comfort seats, if it has the Scuderia logo at the sides... The things you choose when you really buy the car, not just the rims, and exterior/interior colour.

Well that's the OEM-list that I would like to see, as long as it's not getting one step into the direction of NFS.

• 3 weeks later...

What about a On/Off-button option to see or not to see customizes?

When off you'll only see a stock car.

I think that would've been the best in my opinion, since there are many who wants to customize their cars and many who don't.

The option to upload custom painted cars/skins is also something that should be considered for artists/designers (how many has Photoshop? Exactly). This is the only reason why I want Xbox 360 and Forca 3.

...and again, those who don't want to see the my custom paintwork in-game have allready turned the option off.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
engine/drivetrain tuning or atleast full paint job options like schemes

There's a stickershop feature that replaces normal paint shops, if I'm right you can both change paintjob there as applying loads of stickers to the car (not all cars due to crybaby demands from manufacturers).