We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A Day in the Life of an Internet Car Forum

iLLGT3

If anybody here has been part of a proper car forum weather it's a forum for a particular car or just a general car community, you know that this takes place almost on a daily basis. One says they are looking for a car, and gives circumstances and limits. It can be really annoying and the majority of the time, the poster is just making a thread and never plans to use any of the "advice" that was given genuine or not..

Lol, this is very ture! Although i'm not part of any Car Forums i've been on them and seen stuff like this! Although you get it on any car realted Fourm even here, cheack all the fanboyism for BMW's to Suzuki Cappuccinos!(wait, thats just me is't it?) But thats the Internet though, Freedom of speech for all! (even if it's not for the best)

In Answer to the qustion asked in the video, why doen't she get a Ferrari 456M? It's got 4 seats and is RWD! also quite cheap i beleave! :cheeky:

I saw this video posted in the Motors section of the Overclockers UK forum a few weeks ago. They all pretty much agreed it was spot on.

Someone makes a "Spec Me An Economical Daily Run About" thread saying they'd prefer a diesel engine for £5000 and the first people to come along will say "Ford Mondeo" or "Ford Focus" without any justification. Then someone else will come along and say "Why does it need to be a diesel when you're only pottering about town, only get a diesel if you're doing 20,000+ miles a year". Then someone else will come along and agree and say "How about a BMW 530i? Don't make yourself suffer for years with a slow dag-dag engine, these 3 litre BMWs will get 30MPG on a run! All you have to do is stretch your budget by £3000".

Then the suggestions just get wilder and wilder until a flame war ensues between the same usual few people who all hate each other. Then the OP will just lie and say he's bought a car, no-one will like it and they'll all say "Why did you do that? That's such a waste of money because you could've got so much more for your money". Then they offer the person financial advice they don't need.

• 3 weeks later...