We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Dirt 3 Trailer!

Mad_Lambo

It's ok, but I hope they dont drop Colin McRae's name from the title! Also i hope it doen't turn out to be 'Ken Block and the X-Games' like DiRT2 was!

Codemasters can do a great job of things! I just hope that since theres an Official WRc game out this year that they'll go back to where it's all about the rally!(with a bit of the Gymkhana, i dont mind that!:cheeky:). But if it's got other types of offroading then it's a no from me! I like my Rallying where your driving like crazy in a forrest, or on the twisty roads of monty carlo!

Eather way i've herd plans here that it'll be more Rally focused!(although thats a rough guess from the things said!)

Ugh. Let's play, "Who wants to stop in .25 seconds?" Or the G25's owners' favorite, "Let's play with linearity!" :rolleyes: DiRT2 had slightly better physics, though; let's hope they keep improving. Oh, and CM, just a tip: If you're going have an H-Shifter, have a clutch. Otherwise, it's just moronic.

I'll probably get it when it goes on sale in Steam. CM games always go down to $10.00 within the first two months... *sigh*

-Leadfoot

Ah, snow my old friend. How I miss thee.

If it's going to be geared towards proper rallying actually make the courses the proper lengths, not two and a half minutes long. I think the last game I played where some of the courses were 10+ minutes long was Mobil 1 Rally Championship. If a game from many moons ago can have them, a game from 2011 should have them without question.

I spent more time in the menus than on the tracks in DiRT 2 and that was really annoying.

I liked the handling physics in DiRT 2 enough to overlook its flaws, since the physics is ultimately the core of any racing game. My main gripe though, like everyone else's is that the game was waaaay too Americanized and catered too much to the X Games/Extreme Sports/Ken Block/Travis Pastrana crowd (the stylistic elements, particularly the menu design was pretty cool though). Not saying that they have a bad influence on the game, it's just that it's kinda sad for CM to have to resort to these sort of things in order to sell the game... I actually found the Rallycross and Landrush events rather interesting at first, but there was too much focus on that in the game, and not enough on Rally.

From what I've heard though, CM have listened to the fans, and are putting in A LOT more rally-related content this time round (something like 50 rally cars, not including vehicles for other race modes?), as well as many more environments and tracks to race in. I just hope they don't scrap the Landrush and Raid events completely though, cos they do add something interesting to the game.

And the Official WRC game? Well from what little I've seen, handling physics aren't great, and car choice is extremely limited (only 4 cars in the WRC class - Citroen C4, Ford Focus '08, Ford Focus '09, Subaru Impreza - plus a few more in S-WRC and P-WRC)

Just wish CM had actually delivered on their promise of DLCs for DiRT 2 (how awesome would a Group B/Group A tribute pack have been?), but I suppose I can forgive them if they sacrificed that to push for DiRT 3's development...

Oh, and GTAMADDOG, most stages in CMR2005 (which I think you'd consider a proper rally game) were only 3mins long anyway ;)

Oh, and GTAMADDOG, most stages in CMR2005 (which I think you'd consider a proper rally game) were only 3mins long anyway ;)

I know, it was one of my only issues with that game and the others in the series. The courses were too short for me. I remember I'd constantly be looking through the stages to see which one would last the longest and the longest was usually only something like twenty miles or five minutes at maximum.