We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

2012 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class/New M3 GTS Information

T0M722

Mercedes Benz Have released their new 2012 model of the CLS.

The King is dead; long live the King. This, ladies and gentlemen, is the all-new Mercedes CLS-Class.

The Godfather of the swoopy four-door coupe niche - a niche it started way back in 2004 - gets a full makeover and will make its public debut at next month's Paris motor show.

See more pics of the new Merc CLS

The sexy CLS retains its handsome, matinee-idol good looks but with added venom and some 'grrrr'; the face is reminiscent of the SLS AMG, the headlamps get 71 LEDs, and the arches are flared which, says Mercedes, ‘resemble the powerful stance of a predator waiting to pounce'. All it needs is a hitman with a silenced 9mm and you're there.

Potential mafia bosses - and indeed carpet warehouse owners - get a wraparound cockpit and are bathed in a variety of high-end materials including 1.6mm thick leather, satin, wood and high-gloss finishes to the surfaces.

Needless to say, this car is more about show than go, as Mercedes has yet to confirm an engine line-up. But you can expect a range of efficient diesels and a mind-melting AMG version, potentially the same 5.5-litre twin-turbo V8 first seen in the CL63 AMG...

mercedes+cls+2012.jpg

0809_02_z+2010_mercedes-Benz_cLS+rear_three_quarter_view.jpg

Other News...

BMW have released more images and information on their M3 GTS. It will be available from Spring 2010.

BMW-M3-GTS.jpg

Imo both cars looks like great new versions and are set to be big in the automotive world. CLS looks much nicer than it did before and the M3 GTS looks like it can rival against some big giants. If you want any more info, search either car up ;)

The front appears to be designed by someone who unfortunately has lost the ability to see but the back as everyone else has said is just Epic! One of the best back ends around today. But I like that about this future and the current CLS. Very "wacky" and Streamlined,modern design.

The GTS looks pretty good but not sure about the spoiler.

+1

Mercedes really seems to be screwing their front ends up these last few months; hopefully they get back on track :p

I read somewhere the hideous non-tilted grilles had something to do with pedestrian safety, which sounds odd, I'd say make a scooping nose to prevent breaking legs when you go carmageddon... I don't like the CLS nose either, grille should be tilted backwards en needs to be on roughly the same line with the headlights. I'm glad the interior is CLS-ish and not E-ish.

So now lets wait for the 571PS/900Nm CLS63 AMG.

I personally think the new CLS looks nice. The front looks fine, it's just too wide. Maybe if the grille were a little smaller it'd look right.

You definitely have a point. The grill is way too chunky. It would more suit a new GL class or something of similar size.