We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

Was driving the Charger doing about 65 when.. The steering literally exploded. Scared the living day lights out of me! What happened was the rack and pinion seized and the power steering exploded.. at the same time. I pulled over immeditly and called mom. $1200 fix for the rack. If the Part number isn't the same on the power steering then no warrenty. One expensive ride to ladyfriends house..

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

Was driving the Charger doing about 65 when.. The steering literally exploded. Scared the living @#*$ out of me! What happened was the rack and pinion seized and the power steering exploded.. at the same time. I pulled over immeditly and called mom. $1200 fix for the rack. If the Part number isn't the same on the power steering then no warrenty. One expensive ride to ladyfriends house..

That sucks but you are save it could be worse with this happing while driving 65

Was driving the Charger doing about 65 when.. The steering literally exploded. Scared the living day lights out of me! What happened was the rack and pinion seized and the power steering exploded.. at the same time. I pulled over immeditly and called mom. $1200 fix for the rack. If the Part number isn't the same on the power steering then no warrenty. One expensive ride to ladyfriends house..

Damn dude, hope you were okay after. I mean you got away with the least, at 65 ish much worse things can happen to your car... like front tire burst or something :/

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh. Prepare for rant.

Everything went well before I decided to leave home and go see my friend. Getting there was a pain in the arse as there was about 20cm of wet snow on the road which literally sucked my rear tire in and tried to push my front tire to the sides. I could only do about 10kph. On the way a bus almost killed me. It left from a bus stop when I was like halfway through it's lenght. Someone should have checked his mirrors before pushing me to the oncoming lane. :rolleyes: Thank God there was no oncoming traffic at that spot.

Finally getting there, I decided to park my moped on a spot where there was no snow. I was enjoying life until my friend's parents got home. Her dad shouted from the front door, asking if I had insurance on the moped. My heart bounced to my throat. I realized right away what had happened. The wet ground under the moped had given up and the moped had fallen over. I went there to put it back up again but then I saw something: the rear light was smashed to pieces. Hundreds and hundreds of tiny pieces. It had hit a pole when it fell over and it's unrepairable. Putting the moped back up again, I also saw that the side which had hit the ground had an enormous amount of scratches and dents.

Probably gonna order a new rear light but I don't know if I dare to drive it again, seeing as my friends will surely think I have fallen over when riding when they see the scratches and dents...

Amazing that I could keep this post swearword free. I. Am. So. Annoyed. >_<

:odance:

After driving to school I realized the accelerator was rubbing against something and if I don't twist it back, it will stick where I'll leave it. I am so gonna die driving this thing...and it's freaking embarassing to drive it because of the rear light and the damn scratches >_>

• 2 weeks later...

Gahh I am so freakin pissed right now I just dropped my laptop which had my wireless mouse reciever plugged into it and as luck would have it it bloody well landed right on it breaking the case off it and snapping the connections between the Circuit Board and the USB Tip on it :damnit: :fuming:

Gahh I am so freakin pissed right now I just dropped my laptop which had my wireless mouse reciever plugged into it and as luck would have it it bloody well landed right on it breaking the case off it and snapping the connections between the Circuit Board and the USB Tip on it :damnit: :fuming:

Well, at least your laptop is working.

Wait so you only broke the USB receiver but the laptop is ok? I would've called that lucky if anything (although check the HDD for weird noises and take a backup).

If it's just a bluetooth adapter, you can get generic ones that'll do the trick pretty cheaply from a computer shop.

• 3 weeks later...

I was having an excellent day, the weather was gorgeous, I went out to lunch with some friends, I had an excellent dinner, and I was planning on using my PS3 tonight, but I turned it on and it decided to be difficult and not work. :(

A bad week really. For the last couple of weeks the bus that takes me from outside where I work to the bus station where I get my second bus has been getting increasingly late. Last week took the preverbial pee quite frankly. Monday was a bank holiday. Tuesday the bus was 15 minutes late and I only managed to get my second bus due to the miracle of my second bus breaking down in the station so I had to wait with the other passengers while they sorted out a new bus. Wednesday, bus from work was 20 minutes late, completely missed my second bus by 10 minutes or so, had to make alternative (awkward) arrangements to eventually get home. Thursday I usually get a lift as I did last week. Friday the bus was late again by 20 minutes, I missed my second bus by 10 minutes again. Same arrangements as Wednesday to get home.

The week before the bus was also late twice and I missed my second bus on one of those days as well.

Timetables state that the bus that picks me up from work will get there at 17:05PM and will get me to the end of the route at 17:40PM which is fine because my second bus gets to the station 10 minutes later. Last week that bus wasn't showing up until 17:25/30PM, which to be honest is crap. I emailed them a complaint and they don't even have a reason for it being that late. Monday and Tuesday this week it got to my stop on-time or early. Today it's back to it's old tricks again.

Away from the bus. My grandfather was rushed to hospital on Saturday evening. Well, when I say rushed, apparently 999 was phoned at 6:50PM and a doctor showed up at 7PM which is fine. Then, apparently because it was a Saturday the ambulance had an excuse not to show up until knocking on 9PM and then didn't even bother with sirens or blue flashing lights. According to one of my relatives he got to the hospital and they were throwing my grandfather around like a toy, they apparently knocked his elbow on something, enough to make it bleed quite badly and all they did was put a plaster on which wasn't enough to cover the wound. They then took away (by accident?) his oxygen supply which was the main reason why he was there (Almost went into a coma from a lack of oxygen in his blood). He had to go in to resuscitation because of their cock-ups so far. A long story slightly shorter he's getting better now, he was in his own private room but he's now been moved to a Ward now and is looking a lot better, making jokes, annoying the nurses and complaining he wants to go home.

Back to work, today was fun. There's a woman who started at the same time as me doing the same sort of thing as I am. She was in a phone call and started giving out details to someone when she shouldn't have been because they weren't in the right situation to be given details, so my soon-to-be uncle who helped me get the job politely said to her not to give out details unless the person on the phone can do something else for us which they wouldn't, but she keeps on giving out the details of someone else who she thinks will be able to help them but they won't be able to in this case and she has been told the same things many times before. Today she finally (she's been going on for weeks about how she thinks my uncle-to-be hates her and picks on her) snapped and as he walked past her she said "I *swearing* hate the way you speak to me". He didn't hear this but she then decided to get up and walked past him and he asked what he had done wrong and she said the same thing again. Went to our supervisor and that was that. So today I've been sat in an office where there was so much tension in the atmosphere it was unreal. I've probably got to put up with this until September now.

If she'd just listen instead of thinking she knows everything then she wouldn't have to be told what she's doing wrong.

At least I appear to be doing alright most of the time.

tl;dr - Crap couple of weeks in general.

Yesterday, my roomate didn't had any lessons to go, so she let me go with the car to the university... IF i put gas on it...

So, i took her car and went to the gas station... that place was crowded... many cars and etc... i couldn't find a spot... so, a black car left and passed behind me... ok, all fine... so, i start to reverse... when suddenlly i hit something and i listen horn sound... what i have done? I hit the black car, he stopped behind me, turn out his lights and i really didn't see it in the mirror.

So... what happened? I just stop... leave the car and wanted to see what happened... With my friends car, just nothing at all... just got a small bumper crack and it is a little bit black where it got hit. But the other car got damaged... i was like:

" - Oh... f***."

The owner, a woman... left her car and tryied call the insurance. We was not sure about if they would cover, so i told her to get my phone number, because i had to go to the university...

Then talk here, talk there, it end and i had to pay 150 to her...

Then to be even better, today she calls me and tell me the repair will be 300. Now i have to call my dad and tell him about it, and tell him to pay it for me... i am screwed. D:

FML!

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Canon EOS 500D from London Camera Exhange's website. All was well until they decided to use City Link to deliver my camera instead of Royal Fail (They said they use both) which would've been much prefered seeing as City Link only ever deliver around here after 12PM (when no-one's at home), the nearest City Link depot is 25 miles away and I have no way of getting to it. Where as if they'd chosen Royal Fail I could've gone to their depot a couple of miles down the road and got it if they didn't deliver it while I was at home.

I would like my new camera before Friday when my dad goes on his super-car experience day :/