We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Bad Day? Post Your Story Here

"Hedge"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a super sad moment,but more along the lines of "more things need to fixed on this car" just like Maddog's Peugeot. :para: But as I was cleaning the car's rims, I was going to jack up the ass end of the car until I saw this.

This is the inside of the rear driver side (LHD) subframe:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/westwingturbos/Cars/100_4399.jpg

This is the outside of the rear driver side subframe:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/westwingturbos/Cars/100_4394.jpg

Here is the passenger side sway bar link:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/westwingturbos/Cars/100_4397.jpg

Driver side sway bar link:

http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad289/westwingturbos/Cars/100_4395.jpg

Before I didn't even know about the condition of the frame. Whenever I drove this car, I sometime put my lead-foot on and give her hell. :eek:

Guest MrLolololXD

Damn, I'd just try and find one thats been hit in the front and been written off for fairly cheap and as long as it has a good subframe, swap the whole thing over

The thing is since it is a sub frame, its probably welded to the unibody. I probably would just take a ton of measurements, try to find a good starting and ending point from where there isn't any rust holes and cut the crap off. Then just try to replicate the frame with steel flat stock and weld it on, then just go all out crazy undercoating the whole car.

Just my plan.

EDIT:

Found out the sub frame is just bolted on. :hmmm:

My mum wanted to go to a VW dealership yesterday to test drive a Golf GTD so I thought I'd tag along, can't really pass up an opportunity to see what a near-top of the range latest generation Golf is like. Car looked pretty sweet in my opinion, Indium Grey with Seattle Shadow wheels. Looked pretty mean on a gloomy day in Wales, but that isn't difficult I suppose.

Took the car out for a test drive. Liked the interior. She's already got a MK6, but it doesn't have the black headlining, rear tinted windows or tartan seats that you get in the GTD which she really likes. In terms of the way it went I was pretty underwhelmed, I wasn't driving, but it didn't feel fast. I hate going on about the thing, but I reckon the Skoda would be quicker than the GTD. With the Skoda, even sat in the passenger seat, when you open it up you can tell you're shifting, you get pushed back into the seat and the surroundings just seem to turn into a blur. I was sat in the GTD on the test drive and we went full-throttle a few times and it just didn't seem to have the same get-up-and-go to it, you didn't get the feeling of torque and you didn't get pushed back in your seat. I won't divulge a speed that was acquired at one point, but when the speed was being read out as we were accelerating it honestly felt a bit limp. Considering they are both meant to have the same power I'd say there was something wrong with the Golf, or maybe the extra refinement over the Skoda just makes it feel that way.

Didn't persue it in the end as there were a few marks on the interior and exterior which really shouldn't have been there considering the car had only done 11,000 miles, and my mum has had enough problems with the exterior of the MK6 she's got now due to laquer peel for reasons that VW can't explain. As a car overall, I like it, I like the way it looks on the outside, I like the interior, but to be really happy with it I'd personally need it remapped.

She's looking at Sciroccos now (test drove one of those after the GTD), and I think she might end up with one of those unless a Golf GTD exactly like the one we looked at yesterday comes up on the VW website, minus the imperfections. Probably going for the same engine and colour, but it'll be a GT spec, and it'll get remapped. The salesman came out after the test drive and said they might have one coming in soon owned by a VW manager and that it'll be pretty highly spec'd with less than 6,000 miles on it, so my mum is going to wait and see what that's like now.

I drove a 103 TDI once (next model down from the GTD) and it was fairly punchy, but out of breath quickly. Didn't have the pedal lag that my car sometimes has from standstill, but my remapped car would beat the 103TDI and GTD stock to 100. I've seen a few GTDs on Youtube (can't recall if they were remapped) and while I wouldn't be lining up to purchase one new (I'd always go for the GTI) I wouldn't be upset if I had to drive one around all the time.

I drove a 103 TDI once (next model down from the GTD) and it was fairly punchy, but out of breath quickly. Didn't have the pedal lag that my car sometimes has from standstill, but my remapped car would beat the 103TDI and GTD stock to 100. I've seen a few GTDs on Youtube (can't recall if they were remapped) and while I wouldn't be lining up to purchase one new (I'd always go for the GTI) I wouldn't be upset if I had to drive one around all the time.

I've actually been looking at the TDI 105BHP for myself, insurance is cheaper than anything else I've tried yet, so I've been looking into them quite a bit, anything to get me into a Golf :p

If I was to go one step further and look at the TDI GT 140BHP then I'd be looking at £1,900 for insurance, which is crap really, but not as bad as I was expecting. My mum has the 2.0 TDI 110BHP engine at the moment, which seems alright enough, but as with everyone she always aspires to have something better all the time, which you can't blame her for :p

My mum would probably go for the proper GTI as well, but due to how far away she works and the mileage she does elsewhere a diesel is the only real viable option for her. The GTI is cheaper to buy as well, and they look marginally better due to the front grille and red pin striping.

Speaking of GTIs, the MK3 GTI has had another stroke of bad luck. On Friday night someone smashed the passenger side wing mirror (which shattered the glass) but the mirror cover seems alright. They also somehow managed to put a dent in the top of the passenger side front wing as well. They must've done it on purpose, because my step-dad folds the mirrors in specifically so people can't hit them when driving past. That car is not having much luck this year, I have a strong feeling it might be its final year.

Still trying to get a work placement...99% of games companies won't even look at placement students and the ones that do are ridiculously competitive. Contacted well over 100 companies and had a grand total of one telephone interview with microsoft which I didn't get, and a 'proper' interview with a small indie studio which I didn't get either. Going to have to give up soon which I hate doing, but I need to sort out my student finance and find accomodation for next year as most student houses are gone now. On the plus side I'm hopefully going to be moving in with my girlfriend, and I've done alot of my uni work for second year...can't wait to just spend summer lazing around, but I bet I get sick of that within a week and wish I had some work to do!

Normally, I listen to my parents fine, but, when they said I had to be home at 6:30PM yesterday, I turned nuts. I got home WAYY to late, but, I'm close to 16 now. I swear, if they are going to babysit me any longer, I might just walk away. but, that wouldn't really improve my situation...

Also, the ''girl'' I've been ''messing around with'' has got problems aswell :(

Found out yesterday i had 27 hours of ict work to do for next Thursday because i was entered to resit late got a B first time round

Same here Flo having that same problem as well the second one :hmmm: i really really want to open up my feeling to her but i lack confidence and i feel that i'm going to be too late since we are leaving school in a bit :( and i really like her

Found out yesterday i had 27 hours of ict work to do for next Thursday because i was entered to resit late got a B first time round

Same here Flo having that same problem as well the second one :hmmm: i really really want to open up my feeling to her but i lack confidence and i feel that i'm going to be too late since we are leaving school in a bit :(

Lulz, I already got past that ''feelings'' stage :nnnn:

:D We are really close to each other and i want to ask her but i can't ...

Feeling stage is wrecking my emotions

Lets not turn this into ''love-central'', but, the one I used to be 'busy' with, turned out in nothing, then, about a week ago I met another, things went 912370712 times faster :D

Lets not turn this into ''love-central'', but, the one I used to be 'busy' with, turned out in nothing, then, about a week ago I met another, things went 912370712 times faster :D

:rofl: love-central then you didn't love the first girl then .... however i can't move on

oh god how i sound soppy

lol @ love central. :lol:

Anyway there's an old saying that says expectation postponed makes the heart feel sick - you'll keep feeling worse and worse until you finally find out what her response is, so you have to ask. But before you do that it's worth asking yourself if you're ready for things to move 9001 times faster and think about everything that might involve ;)

Might have a to make a new thread out of this :p