We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Had a Good Day? Post Your Story Here!

Ryzza5

Hehe, the freeway was absolutely packed last night, so I went home on the highway (which has traffic lights/intersections - freeways don't). Sure it took a bit longer, but there's more oppurtunities to accelerate quickly which was fun.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe, the freeway was absolutely packed last night, so I went home on the highway (which has traffic lights/intersections - freeways don't). Sure it took a bit longer, but there's more oppurtunities to accelerate quickly which was fun.

So THAT's the difference between highway and freeway? :confused:

I really never knew the difference till now. (Nor had the idea to look it up Smiley_Sarcastic-Crazy.gif)

Thanks. :lol:

Yeah - you can look at them here: Unknown road to Kings Way/Princes Hwy - Google Maps

A to B is the freeway, with 3-4 lanes each way and a 100kph speed limit (except for the city end in the tunnels which is 80kph), and C to D is the highway, with lots of intersections, traffic lights, etc. It's usually 3 lanes wide each side. Leave the metro area and both become two lanes, and the freeway speed increases to 110kph.

I played some paintball today. It was so much fun, getting to put my FPS skills into real life :p Actually they did nothing, I just laid down to the ground and waited for a guy to come nearby and when I rose up to shoot a guy that was like 2m in front of me, my gun jammed and he shot me instead.

Still, it was epic and I warmly recommend it. It was the reason why my day was goooood :D

• 2 months later...

I saved a Starling (At least I think it was, I'm only an 'expert' in pigeons :P ) from the claws (and teeth) of my cat this morning while I was trying to eat my breakfast.

I was sat watching Top Gear on Dave and wondered what all of the rustling in the hallway was about, only to go out there and see my ginger cat with a Starling in it's mouth looking up at me as if to say "Look what I've got!". Seeing this I tried to walk towards the cat only for it to dart off down the hallway and into my dad's bedroom (we live in a bungalow), I go after it hoping the cat hasn't taken the bird under the bed as it'd be impossible to get it out from there, but luckily the cat's decided to put the bird down on it's side next to my computer desk. Me thinking the bird was dead started shouting expletives at my cat, pick the cat up and (OMG ANIMAL CRUELTY) literally throw it out of the room just to make sure it gets the message (It landed on it's four feet and has jumped from a greater height anyway). I then go back to the bird to see it in the same position but I notice it's still breathing and blinking it's eyes.

Annoyingly I have nothing to put the bird into, and even more annoyingly my cat has managed to open to the door and starts walking up to the bird again. At this point (to my surprise) the bird flies to the other side of the room quicker than I can blink, it ends up in the window sill where the cat quickly jumps up to and tries to grab the bird again, but I manage to pull the cat away in time and I make sure the cat isn't able to get back into the room. I open the window but the bird flies off the window sill and sits behind the remains of my old computer desk so I find something to gently prod it with to get it to move, it flies up and into the other window in the room so I dart across and go to open the window to let it out. I manage to open the window without freaking it out much more and it flies out and across the road and into a small tree.

There were some feathers and what I presume is bird excrement but other than that there was no blood and it seemed to fly OK so at that point I was happy I'd done the little fella a favour and I hope in his little bird mind he appreciates it some day.

tl;dr/coolstorybro/ttiuwp.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today first started out bad because I came to the realization that classes are starting within 3 weeks, and I was doing pretty crummy at ten-pin bowling at first. But after I got into a rhythm and relaxed, I started firing bowling balls at the pins like it was my job, and eventually did 8 games (5 non-stop). Now my thumb's blistered and my feet are sore, but it was worth it to have a good time. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it wasn't actually today, it was Wednesday but I haven't been online since before then or I forgot about it, the latter being more likely.

Went into work on Wednesday pretty hacked off because I'm struggling to find a new job which interests me (found one a couple of weeks ago and sent my CV off but they never got back to me about the job). My contract is meant to end on the 16th September. Just about to sit down for another four hours sat next to a phone and infront of a computer when the Human Resources lady comes up to me and says "Me and the General Manager would like to see you in his office", at this point I'm thinking "Hmmm, which of the many things that I do wrong on a daily basis are they going to bring up and use against me?". I say nothing and follow the HR lady to the GMs office, sit down, he swivels around on his desk chair and says "We've been having a think about your contract and we don't know how you'll feel about this but we wondered if you wouldn't mind staying on until Christmas instead of finishing next week. I don't know if you've got another job lined up yet, or not, but we'd like to keep you here a bit longer than intended as you seem to be fitting in well and helping your colleages out quite a bit."

I immediately think "Sweet, no more looking for jobs for now!". They then went on about some other things I'm not allowed to broadcast to anyone but that was that.

Can't believe it really. Started the job in April as someone who hates talking to people on the phone and had never had a job involving such a thing before, along with two other people who had been in customer services/telecommunication roles before for quite some time. Get to August and find out the other two are finishing at the end of the month and I've been the one chosen out of us three to help cover for people while they are on holiday. Now they've extended my contract again because I'm doing that well apparently.

Not bad, I still absolutely hate answering the phone though.

I also bought Dead Island, don't know whether it's any good or not but it's got zombies and open world stuff so I'm there.

£107 worth of holiday pay on top of my normal monthly pay. Sweet.

Shame I just spent £86 of it on new brake discs, pads and car cleaning stuff. Derp.

Not too bothered though, my brakes don't inspire the confidence that if I needed to stop quickly that they would actually help me do that at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

Hot day.

Used it to my advantage to prepared my car for Winter.

Hoovered it and polished it inside, infact that reminds me I need clean the seats up a bit with fabric cleaner yet.

Normal wash outside, followed by waxing, polishing the top half of the car, removing tar and insects properly, restored the black trim and removed a couple of little scratches. Still need to polish the bottom half, clean the windows inside and out + other glass, clean the door shuts and some things under the bonnet and clean the seats up a bit. Still, it's only 2PM and it's a nice day. Might as well make the most of it so I only have to give the car a quick wash every so often over the Winter.

Washed (again), then clayed and polished the old girl (car) today. Paint feels a lot smoother in places and it seems like the worst contamination was on the sides. There's that much contamination on the bottom half that I think I'll need to have another go with another clay bar at some point. I decided to miss most of the bottom half of the car out of the claying process because it wasn't doing any favours for the clay bar. Polished and de-swirled as well.

So now besides claying the bottom half I am done*

*might get the Wonder Wheels out at some point.

:p

I helped a friend move house today, was a good laugh(Something I've needed for the past few days) and got to see some old friends I haven't seen in awhile.

On top of that, I got to drive his SW20 MR2 today as a thanks for helping(along with a 12 pack of beer:cheeky:), It made my day! :D

- Made a nice wad of cash making decals for one client, now I got people calling me for decals to make.

- Hung out with a group awesome people I've meet.

- Went with a night cruise down to the lake to hang out with more people.

Finally I'm getting my life back together, all is good in the neighborhood :lol:

Home from work already. So much more relaxing coming home when there's no rush hour traffic to contend with. Only downside is that I have to leave the house an hour before I'd usually get out of bed, but I wake up at the same time, just don't get to lounge around in bed for a couple of hours watching Helicopter Heroes and One Tree Hill. Luls.