We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Digital River Downloads, what a rip!!

wcumbie

This is such a joke! First, the download activaion screen said after 2 months of owning TDU, "Too many activations with same code." So I used Atari Support, nothing, I try Digital River Support, nothing, DR made almost no effort to fix it! Its been broken since October now and I just want to play TDU! Then now I come to find out DR has many reports of fraud and ripping more people off. So, what do you guys say, me get a laptop and play that way, or make them fix it!

Sorry if I sound too rantish, I'm just really amazed of how greedy some people can be.:-x

I've had issues with Digital River downloads as well. Atari and DR didn't give me much help when I emailed them. Atari didn't even respond to my email. I don't mind your rantishness, heck I actually created a thread somewhere here with their crummy responses. I guess it's best to buy the CD rather than get a digital downloading from DR.

I've always preferred physical copies of the game, rather than digital downloads. At least it won't take up hard drive space when I no longer want to play the games.

Good luck in getting it fixed. Threaten DR/Atari with legal action if you really want to play TDU :p (Although it'd probably be cheaper buying a physical copy)

I prefer the physical copies of games too.

If your computer crashes you lose all your games.

If you buy a new computer you'll have to tranfer all the games onto your computer, for wich you will need an external hard drive.

I hope Atari sorts out your problem, although I doubt it :rolleyes:

Go to C/Program Data/Test Drive Unlimited (if you have WIndows Vista/7 - C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Test Drive Unlimited on WinXP) You must first tell Windows to show you hidden files and folders. Open up CDKey.txt and see if it is your old CD-Key in there. If yes, delete that file and TDU will tell you to enter a new CD-Key when you start it up again. There you enter the new one you got with your DVD copy of the game.

This is such a joke! First, the download activaion screen said after 2 months of owning TDU, "Too many activations with same code." So I used Atari Support, nothing, I try Digital River Support, nothing, DR made almost no effort to fix it! Its been broken since October now and I just want to play TDU! Then now I come to find out DR has many reports of fraud and ripping more people off. So, what do you guys say, me get a laptop and play that way, or make them fix it!

Sorry if I sound too rantish, I'm just really amazed of how greedy some people can be.:-x

Yay, one person in the entire world of the Internet who has...

...the same problem I did!

I bought three copies fro DR and ran out of activation codes for all of them (it would prompt me every few launches and I would use up another code). I emailed them, and they emailed back once with some typical questions; I replied, but never heard from them again. The solution? Buying a disc off eBay.

Sorry to hear about it, but it's relieving to know I wasn't the only one. I was unaware of Digital River's history, but I could see them being a no-name trickery company. Such a weird issue, too...

-Leadfoot

Glad to know someone had the same prob. as me to, I'm still shocked Atari uses DR for this kind of stuff, after all, they where basicly the starter company for video games(I think, like Pong).:D

Go to C/Program Data/Test Drive Unlimited (if you have WIndows Vista/7 - C/Documents and Settings/All Users/Application Data/Test Drive Unlimited on WinXP) You must first tell Windows to show you hidden files and folders. Open up CDKey.txt and see if it is your old CD-Key in there. If yes, delete that file and TDU will tell you to enter a new CD-Key when you start it up again. There you enter the new one you got with your DVD copy of the game.

Well, that didn't work, I hope i find the solution to this soon before I shoot the compuer or something.

[mod edit:] Please don't double post, use the edit button, thanks!

Glad to know someone had the same prob. as me to, I'm still shocked Atari uses DR for this kind of stuff, after all, they where basicly the starter company for video games(I think, like Pong).:D

Well, it's hardly the same company. They were bought out by an American company (I think) in the early '90's, and didn't do as much of the game design, and then they kept being bought out by other companies until they became simply a distributor (because of the heritage, like you said). Now they're owned by Namco Bandai.

They're a disgrace to their own name, now, in many areas. Shame. :(

-Leadfoot