We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDU2 Previews - Jan 2011

Eudemon

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, why a so low st. wheel sensivity on the vvv video. :lol:

( "Mhaaaa, so hard to control under the slide ! Very unpredictable..." :lol: )

I hope he will set it up more sensitive for upcoming ones :)

(he said 3 or 4 other videos were on the way, covering every faces of the gameplay. Next one should be 17min long).

Personnaly those vvv videos made me really sad... In the end, same arcade gameplay than on the beta.

Look at how cars move, it doesn't roll at all when you turn, noze doesn't lift up or dive when you accelerate/brake, wheels still seem to lock as soon as you brake, gearshifting is still sadly abrupt...

Very very simple driving model... We are so far from what I was expecting for TDU2 :( Their new engine is just a huge step back compared to TDU1, this one is way less deep :( It even often reminds me games from ten or fifteen years ago, what a pity :(

@BobbyV, about the steering wheel in this video, I don't wanna hurt but I think this guy just received his wheel^^ It is clear he has set it up with a full rotation angle, thus it is way not sensitive enough for a correct handling (look at how much he has to turn his wheel ^^). That's funny he says that it's easier to drive with a gamepad because with pad it turns more quickly^^ He could just have the same behavior with the wheel if he had set his fanatec more sensitive.

Now about the drift, if it is the same as with the beta don't expect long and well controlled drifts. During several sessions we have spent hours trying drifts at the airport or at the driving school ring and the cars were always stopping drifting very quickly, whatever you were trying with your wheel and gas pedal. And that was on long straight lines where you were able to reach high speed before entering in drift mode by a quick left - right - E-brake. It was even worse if you tried on normal roads with low or moderate speed and less space to help your car entering in drift. Basicly all we were able to do was to take corners using e-brake at low/moderate speed. So, not no drift at all, but very very limited drift possibilities. :/

Too much grip was one of the reasons for that. So, if they have lowered the overall grip for the released game, it will help in drifting. But because of the driving model and physic engine, it will probably remain hard to control (at least at the begining, because of "unrealisticness")

Incredibly strange, the VVV videos are acutally the first thing in my life that make me consider buying a wheel, but having a real handbrake is a must-have or i'll stick to the controller. I dunno if could get used to the handbrake on the wheel's buttons.

I'd love to use a wheel with TDU2 but I think it would get old trying to walk around with a wheel.

Hey guys please help me can any one in a club BUY the club cars like the one 77 also what car will you buy first ?I'm 50/50 on the esprit and the lancia

No1 can buy the club exclusive car. U can only borrow it for a ride. At first, 2 members couldn't drive it simultaneously, but that has been changed, luckily.

I will probably get Esprit.

Oh dear, the terrible DJs that were in our preview are the same. A little warning: If you are a lover of metal and hard rock, the DJ on the rock station will strike you as an offensive arse. They make it out as if the music is going to be seriously ear bleedingly heavy... in a very non convincing manner... the music they actually play is more of the oasis levels of heavy... exactly, not heavy...

so while i'm hoping for some Tool, Maiden, Godsmack or Disturbed they will be playing Oasis style "metal"?

dont get me wrong, Oasis is ok, but not quite "Metal".

oh well, guess i just keep Windows Media going full time in the back ground. just like before.

FGN: Some brands in the first game are no longer in the second, like Lamborghini or Saleen example, what has happened and can we expect to see in a hypothetical DLC?

I am the first to regret their absence. These are agreements that can pass or not with the manufacturers, and can sometimes be extremely expensive: Lamborghini is a perfect example. The last racing game from Electronic Arts, namely NFS: Hot Pursuit, Ferrari does not have but the Lamborghini was the opposite. After this kind of manufacturer requires a lot of stress and is very demanding on the quality of reproduction of their cars. Already, for us to have the Ferrari was one of our priorities, and we're very proud, and second, another priority was to offer a wide selection of interesting vehicles, and so we have Gumpert Apollo in place of the Saleen, the Ariel Atom 300 and even the Citroen 2CV. Regarding the DLCs, our policy is that everyone has the same thing, so there will probably free content but also pay, and it is of course very open to add vehicle brands such as Lamborghini. It's a long process but if you have the opportunity to do so, we will do (note: Please note that the most persistent rumor to date is the addition, later, motorcycles).