We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Team VVV Video Previews

Eudemon

For the last couple of days a few videos have been getting everyone excited, no not that kind but no doubt they have also been getting people excited but we're talking about TDU2 so clean your mind, thank you.

Anyway Team VVV a well known Racing Team/Group of People have managed to get their hands on a review copy of TDU2 and is doing an amazing job of showing it off. Using a Fanatec Porsche Wheel on the PS3 we are seeing the start of the game and also some of the progress that will be happening via Championships and also the Challenge types. During the play tests he also comments on what is happening good and bad so it's well worth a watch for any and all discerning TDU2 followers. If you're on the fence also then it's a great watch and should answer your questions (check the comments also!) be they good or bad.

Enjoy and massive thanks to VVV for putting these vids up for us to watch. :bunny:

Team VVV Test Drive Unlimited 2 Hands-on Previews

*posted in the order they were uploaded*

Hands-on Preview

Click

if video above doesn't show

First Look 1.1

Click

First Look 1.2

Click

First Look 2

Click

First Look 3

Click

First Look 4.1

Click

First Look 4.2

Click

if the video above doesn't show

First Look 5.1

Click

First Look 5.2 Bugatti Showroom

Click

First Look 5.3

Click

First Look 5.4 Ferrari Showroom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbBCpLMCxAA

Click

First Look 6.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc2B6e7CcIU

Click

Scenic Cruise 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U_XFcVKa6E

Click

First Look 6.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lo23t0gBIT0

Click

McLaren MP4 12C Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6JyPElDoaw

Click

First Look 6.3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N17MkqBSm3Q

Click

First Look 6.4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_4sy-IqSPk

Click

Scenic Cruise 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1sbV6Z_efU

Click

First Look 7.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GasfqiPN9DQ

Click

Scenic Cruise 1 Hawaii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dyr_b8uuqu0

Click

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting videos, but it would be great to see them with the linearity adjusted properly.

This, steering seems 'sluggish' imo, but i am sure it can be adjusted to my liking...( i hope anyway lol )

Since I know how the game is, I'd say don't get your hopes up or they might just end up getting smashed into tiniest bits.

This is a scary post :eek:

The sticker system indeed still needs loads of optimizing in its controls, specifically for placement, it seems little has been done about that, which makes me wonder if they did fix the saved-colors bug.

I love the new stickers though, TDU2 icons! But where's the dutch flag? I can't see it (the one at Flags no.1 is Luxembourg which has a blue-greenish band instead of a pure blue band).

Maybe, if it's technically possible, could the sticker shop support a font-import option...

So Mr Nadal, any more rubbish to spout.....

I'm not sure how that would be considered rubbish, but the game really doesn't play well, since some here seem to be all excited about the game and with high hopes, I just did warned them.

If you thought that TDU's physics were not too good, you'll be just angry with these physics, or at least the car enthusiasts that tried this game have all agreed on the fact that driving is rubbish. TDU 1 felt better, more lively and interesting, while this feels as if the driving aspect of the game is in the last place an would be rarely used, as if the sims part of the game would be more important.

Of course, it's your choice, you can boo me off the stage now shouting: "Your opinion sucks and is incorrect!".

I already canceled my pre-order.

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

I'm not sure how that would be considered rubbish, but the game really doesn't play well, since some here seem to be all excited about the game and with high hopes, I just did warned them.

If you thought that TDU's physics were not too good, you'll be just angry with these physics, or at least the car enthusiasts that tried this game have all agreed on the fact that driving is rubbish. TDU 1 felt better, more lively and interesting, while this feels as if the driving aspect of the game is in the last place an would be rarely used, as if the sims part of the game would be more important.

Of course, it's your choice, you can boo me off the stage now shouting: "Your opinion sucks and is incorrect!".

I already canceled my pre-order.

I take it then you participated in the [NDA]? And your basing your whole decision on buying the game on that? If you have played both the [NDA] and the final version, then i can listen to your comments, but the facts i see from people who HAVE played the final version show massive differences between the 2 copies, it's a bit stupid just to base it on experience of the [NDA]

I take it then you participated in the [NDA]? And your basing your whole decision on buying the game on that? If you have played both the [NDA] and the final version, then i can listen to your comments, but the facts i see from people who HAVE played the final version show massive differences between the 2 copies, it's a bit stupid just to base it on experience of the [NDA]

The differences are only in the amount of things you can do, buy more cars for example and visit more shops in general, driving hasn't changed at all. It's more aimed at arcade type of gaming, of course TDU 1 was aimed at arcade'ish style as well, but it worked better, this just is super arcade, like Burnout or something along those lines. Everything in the game works fine, apart from driving, which is just numb, no feel, nothing, where as TDU 1 had some sort of a feel of the cars, their weight, inertia, weight shift etc. All is lacking in TDU 2.

And yes, another negative one, because I don't think there is a rule that I have to be happy with a game and talk sunshine and butterflies about it. No, I hit my children because I love them (Note, I don't have children, it's just a saying), criticism isn't bad, unless you're one of those fanboys, around which you can't talk anything bad or they'll bite your face off in a second, you have to tickle their ballsacks and keep telling them how handsome and great they are. (This wasn't aimed at Lordstig)

And now that I'm watching these videos, he might be playing a newer build, but I can see that driving hasn't changed.

I'll believe in the power of Jesus Christ only when the game comes out with better driving physics, then I'll admit I was wrong about what I was saying here.

He bases his opinion on the fact that nothing was adressed to the handling issue during the beta play, which is now over. We never got feedback from the devs about this nor did any of the few versions of the beta change in any good way with the physics. Driving was dull and uninteresting, drifting impossible. That's a fact.

Now of course, Mellors said that there was a huge difference between the beta and the in-house version they got the chance to play. Still, if you would have played the beta you'd also be like WTF. I mean, when every body is agreeing on the fact that the first game was miles more fun in terms of driving, there's obviously an issue somewhere. Not mentionning the lack of proper communication on the matter. All we heard was "we developped a new physics engine" that doesn't seem to be there at all :confused:

And the people who have played the final version, who are they? How many? Because thousands of people from the beta agree on the above. I wish I'm wrong, but the beta killed my excitement :ill:

I'm still keeping an eye on the game, watching the vids and all. We'll see how it plays all out when all those who pre-ordered play it :)

The handling will be a talking point as it is in almost every game that comes out however it's not as bad as people are trying to make out. The videos showing the Fanatec do show negatives that's true but he has said the G25 seems to be better supported so who knows. If you're on the fence or are waiting to see what others will say then that's fair but note that there are people who want this game and also those who bought the first had to put up with a fair amount of crap at the start but they got it working and if you think about it how can they know what's wrong if no-one tells them.

So rest assured many others will be on the case and this should result in a game everyone can find a place they are happy with in regards to the handling.

Remember you don't have to buy the game.

The beta didn't kill my excitement since I was planning on getting TDU2 anyway, if it's a bad game I'll sell it but I have no fear I won't enjoy it.

I can understand many are frustrated about stuff like mainly the handling, but with all the times we hear ''the beta was partial'', on all the parts the game is made up of, I want to see what the final version is like.