We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Worth it?

XxZanza LabzxX

I hear a lot of people really moaning about TDU 2. As such, it's making me doubt whether or not I want to invest money in it. Some things sound nice, others don't, and it isn't out here in Ireland 'till Friday, so I'd like to ask someone who has it, should I get it? I had TDU 1 and played it quite a bit, I love the idea and concept of it, but does it justify the use of my £40 credit on my gift card? I'd appreciate if someone out there could give me an objective, justifiable and constructive opinion :D

Ive been playing it since last friday and i would say its

worth it, yes there are things wrong, which will

be sorted over time (like the first one) but as long as your not

expecting a sim racing game then you'll love it, but again this

is MY opinion, i'm sure one or 2 will disagree...

You could always rent it and try for yourself? up to you though mate.

Bottom line if you liked the first, you'll like this one. Yes it has stuff wrong with it, just like the last one. Its a tough love. Kinda like a 2 year old, it causes you great frustration at times but if someone tried to take it away from you...you'd kill them.

I really think its just great, but I spent a large amount of hours on tdu 1 so I knew what to expect. The new kids are kinda having a cow.

I'm not a rent guy ^.^ I like the feeling of having a game and knowing it's mine, kinda' weird like that. I guess it is like tough love, but it'll probably be one of those guilty pleasure kinda' things where I hate to love it, yet I also love to love it. I'm starting to be inclined towards buying it, nothing's perfect and while some (minority of) people expect games to mimic or improve on real life, I don't, so thanks for your opinion guys! I appreciate it :D

It will be as it will get better along the way. That's not to say it's terrible right now, it's alright but it could be better in places that's for sure. Depends really on how you felt and drove in the first. (Hardcore or Normal mode for example)

If you're on a console, Diablo's right. If you're on PC... :eek:

-Leadfoot

It will be as it will get better along the way. That's not to say it's terrible right now, it's alright but it could be better in places that's for sure. Depends really on how you felt and drove in the first. (Hardcore or Normal mode for example)

I wish I shared your optimism. Unfortunately, I think the game is too far gone to be fixed. That, and the devs obviously don't give a hoot. I mean, look at how well they listened to beta testers. :(

Definitely worth giving it a try. It has it's flaws, but those should get fixed over time.

I agree! I mean, TDU wasn't the best game in the world when it came out. It did when modders came around. :rolleyes:

But in all srsness, I say buy it and just play it! If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. Who knows, maybe there will be a TDU3 one day.

I agree! I mean, TDU wasn't the best game in the world when it came out. It did when modders came around. :rolleyes:

But in all srsness, I say buy it and just play it! If you like it, keep it and enjoy it. Who knows, maybe there will be a TDU3 one day.

Your sig says you won't be playing until the 21st. Have you played it yet? Were you a fan of TDU1?

No, I have not played it yet. I can't play it because school is throwing work in my face and shoving it down my throat. And yes, I was a fan of TDU1.

It seems to be 50%/50%. If you like it, then you like it a lot! If you dislike it, then you hate it with the fury of 1000 suns. If money is tight for you, I would hold off and try it before you buy...

THE GAME IS ACCEPTABLE, ITS EVEN GOOD... BUT HAS ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE OF SPEED, ASIDE FROM THAT IT CAN BE REALLY FUN, of course unless you tend to get frustrated when your adversaries don't share the same physics you do!:D You can ram your adversaries car all you want and they will stay on track, but if any of them touches you, you are off the road. This is absolutely not a complain, actually you are gonna be glad when you beat those SOB's in the end of the race.:thumbsup:

I wouldn't exactly call it a story myself ^^. Methinks a game like TDU shouldn't be taken for something to be a total realistic comparison to vehicles IRL, it should be taken on it's merits, and hopefully, from what I hear, the dev's build on them. Hopefully. Guess I'll invest in it, hell, I'm not paying out of my pocked, I've £70 on a gift card at Game =D. Many, many, many thanks to everyone who gave an opinion. And, FYI, I'm on Xbox 'cause my PC's absolutely expletive deleted ;D.

TDU2 is game that instantly disappoints but will become a long term obsession. It's not bad, it's just got some off putting elements... like the entire "story".
Just like TDU, took 2 or 3 months if people remember to get the online servers working as in an appropriate manner. And even then they had to keep adding to increase the capacity to hold up with the numbers of people logging on.

Very shaky start that's for sure.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

If you are planning on buying it for PS or kickbox, don't even bother. If you want it for PC, I'd say maybe, if you can wait. What I mean by that is, mods can seriously improve your gameplay.

If you know how a car handles, and you want to experience the driving of a supercar, buy another game.

If you are planning on buying it for PS or kickbox, don't even bother. If you want it for PC, I'd say maybe, if you can wait. What I mean by that is, mods can seriously improve your gameplay.

If you know how a car handles, and you want to experience the driving of a supercar, buy another game.

Have you even played it for the Xbox and PS3? If not, why are you posting crap like that?

It is just as enjoyable on the Xbox as it is on the PC. Albeit the PC version looks nicer if it's played on a decent spec PC.

Guest Sgt.Kanyo

It's the same on the PC / xbox / ps, but thing is, we PC users have the ability to mod it, while they don't.

I never said it's worse on PS or xbox...