We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Only things that bother me.

Upstairs Chris

I spent a large amount of time on TDU 1 and am pretty far along in TDU2. I can tell this game is going to take up a large amount of my time like the last one did. With that said, I try to report some things that need addressed. If something I mention can be done or is different, please feel free to correct me. I'd love to be wrong if it meant these things were really fixed.biggrin.gif

Bookmarks.

I had over 150 bookmarks in TDU1 but now I can't seem to place bookmarks on anything but roads. I could on TDU 1 and off road wasn't even supported then. I find it absurd you give me an Audi q7 with 750 lb/ft of torque, capable of climbing any off road element in the game and place interesting things out in the wilderness and don't allow me to bookmark them.

Also, the bookmarks I do have, I can't seem to edit them. Like name then or anything.

Seat position

Like seriously, if someone is capable of giving me a good answer as to why this was taken out bring it on. You give us 5 Veyrons and take this feature out! Have you even sat inside the Veyron?

Custom stations

Now I am not as upset at this as others are. I simply stream what music I want from my pc to my xbox, but it is quite annoying when I go into a cut scene and it wont stop playing a track from Hans Zimmer's Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (Great driving music). In TDU 1 the music stopped at every cut scene because you weren't in your car.

I haven't seen my total mileage anywhere, is that feature in the game???. Guess it's in MyTDULife but not working until "the big patch" comes. Anyway I will never know my first week 25 - 30 hours of gameplay mileage due to "SAVE DATA save file is corrupted" last night. I'm not even trying anymore till they fix eeeevverything.

Seat position was said to be left out due to time constraints. *lol*

I have an idea, Atari. Instead of reinventing the wheel and deciding to make it square, why don't you just use the same game and just update the graphics, models, textures, and terrain. Any person on Earth could do half of that thanks to modding tools, so what's stopping you from basically "modding" your own game REALLY well? :rolleyes:

Instead, you take out a third of the cars and 75% of the cool features, leaving us with a beautiful game that only frustrates us and teases us with what it COULD have been.

-Leadfoot

You know what annoys me?

EVERYTHING! This game is off to not just a bad or poor start.

I waited 3 months for my pre-order to find out its bug ridden as hell.

GPS does not work (no maps, no teleport, no bookmarks at all, when I press GPS button NOTHING happens), it works only by showing you the route and roads. Thats it for me.

Roof control - WHERE THE HECK IS IT>?@

Gearbox - ANY manual settings do not work AT ALL. Sequential, H and H+C.

Gearbox - part 2- auto gearbox lugs your car around like its been hit by a truck....

Car handling - screwed up. Its no longer a TDU, its an ARCADIFIED NFS. Need For Speed has got more realistic handling than this........ Sorry but it does. Especially jumps and drifts - wtf?!

I dont think that chat works properly.

On top of that, I have been sent a REGULAR COPY OF TDU. Now this is purely my retailers fault but that, THAT, is UNACCEPTABLE. Its simply outrageous......

I do love the previous TDU and dont get me wrong, I do like this game, its just that circumstances make it ridiculously difficult for me to like it. Im struggling. I will not ditch this, I spent too much just to let it all go. I will use it and maybe grow to love it but Atari has got a HELL of a job sorting this stuff out.. And for that matter, Play.com, idiots responsible for sending me the wrong game, will NOT receive an order from me ever again....

[mod edit:] Please do not swear or use asterisk's to mimic swearing, thanks.

GPS does not work (no maps, no teleport, no bookmarks at all, when I press GPS button NOTHING happens), it works only by showing you the route and roads. Thats it for me.

The Button called "GPS" does nothing for me either, but there is another button that will open the map and allow you to teleport etc.

Roof control - WHERE THE HECK IS IT>?@

Press 4 on numpad then 8 (PC, keyboard). For the 360 controller, use the D-pad, first left then up.

It works for everyone else, I've been chatting with people ingame.

I think you need to calm down a bit and try out the game again, I'm confident that most of your problems will sort themselves out. Good luck ;)

Right well thats what I've done. Damn, a lot of research has gone into this game...... more than usually.

See in the manual they didnt put things like, Default buton for MAP is ';' and not 'M' as they say in the printed manual. They don't mention that for any h-shifter to work you need a G25/27 steering wheel with a programable gearbox....

They also don't tell you where is roof control anywhere in it.

And I was flashing lights at another SUV, a humvee in my rover, and nothing happened. Can you only duel people in cars and not SUV's???? That would suck... or maybe he just had online interaction option switched off.

Either way, what really gets me is that no one is still playing any ranked matches. Whats wrong with racing for rank??? You lvl up, you get money, you meet people....

Well at least my pre-order codes works :) Sweet aston :) ...that I cant afford, nor have space for.... :(

The problem with ranked matches is you lose a lot of freedom when it comes to choosing options and hosting a game. It's harder to find ranked matches as well. Some people are just scared of losing in ranked matches as well I guess.

There's no reason why we can't schedule a "cruise" here on the forums where instead of cruising you do a bunch of ranked matches.

At everybody who wonders about the GPS button, I think that button serves to remove a destinationmark in mapmode.

Again something they haven't listened to in the beta, many pointed out they can't describe the functions properly but they've hardly managed to change Hood into Roof, or many would complain people press the button but instead of the hood/bonnet, the roof works... xD

What bothers me is:

Where did this hardcore mode they were apparently working on disappear to? I know there is a hardcore setting, but it's rubbish. Here's hoping it comes included in a patch.

The lack of custom radio also bothers me too. It's annoying having to hit pause on the keyboard for every cut scene, and not being able to vary the volume depending on the car you're driving.

Car handling - screwed up. Its no longer a TDU, its an ARCADIFIED NFS. Need For Speed has got more realistic handling than this........ Sorry but it does. Especially jumps and drifts - wtf?!

mmm i dont know. did u play hot pursuit or world (newest NFS i think) or shift for that matter they all suck wayyyy harder than tdu2

as for jumps and drifts, have u ever actually jumped or drifted a car?

im no expert but to my knowledge drifting requires a drift spec car (none in this game afaik) with very hard tyres and possibly even specific surfaces. u cant just drift with any old stock car?

iv not driven a whole lot but ive been driven a hell of a lot by good drivers in fast cars including some power slides and i gota say this game feels about right as far as handbrake and lift off physics go. all the physics actually with the exception of downhill, where i find myself spinning out frequently where i should not be spinning out but i think thats caused by sharp little drops in the road that like put ur car onto "just landed a jump" physics

i *think*

The thing that gets me is sure it's all arcady and too grippy (too much downforce), but then I get to a jump and its almost hardcore mode again. You know the classic jumps followed by corners where everyone goes flying off and crashes, it still happens even when I'm in a super heavy Audi Q7. :lol:

mmm i dont know. did u play hot pursuit or world (newest NFS i think) or shift for that matter they all suck wayyyy harder than tdu2

as for jumps and drifts, have u ever actually jumped or drifted a car?

im no expert but to my knowledge drifting requires a drift spec car (none in this game afaik) with very hard tyres and possibly even specific surfaces. u cant just drift with any old stock car?

Give me a E36 318I (not the IS) and 3.0 bar pressure and you can drift pretty good not awesome but its fun to catch some corners. And asphalt is indeed the preferred surface.

iv not driven a whole lot but ive been driven a hell of a lot by good drivers in fast cars including some power slides and i gota say this game feels about right as far as handbrake and lift off physics go. all the physics actually with the exception of downhill, where i find myself spinning out frequently where i should not be spinning out but i think thats caused by sharp little drops in the road that like put ur car onto "just landed a jump" physics

i *think*

This +1 the steering is a bit twitchy at moments but with adjustments its getting a WHOLE lot better. The amount of oversteer on some car could be better and less extreme and all of a sudden.

I'm not too fussed by the physics on the whole.

Am more frustrated by the crash physics. I have been stopped dead from over 100mph by a small kurb or similar. had to restart so many challenges because of that.

I'm also a lazy auto (gears) driver, and this game has the worst implementation of it. At the start of a race it won't react for at least a second after 'Go' has disappeared. It also takes a age to drop down a gear when going uphill. I've been stuck in 5th gear in my Golf GTi so many times. It won't even allow a manual kickdown.

Those are the only things that annoy me about the game. Everything else is great... even the shoddy models ;)