We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

A1 championships: fair or unfair?

Emporar

Do you think that it's unfair that Wintory has a Veyron in the A1 championships? And please say what car you used other than a Veyron.

I used a 599 GTO in the first one, but then turned to the dark side for A1 high :lol:

Seemed fine to me. I used the Atom.

Sure the Veyron and most other cars shoot ahead on the straights but the Atom enters and exits every corner much faster than the rest of the cars. I think I had to block the Veyron a max of 1 or 2 times to win all the events.

Unfair.

Not because of the car Stuart uses but because your opponents really seem to enjoy a fully different physics engine. Specially in the A3, I stopped playing the game for 2 days because I was so angry at the fact that Miami's Caterham just perfectly nailed each jump and turn while mine was losing grip and rolling endlessly at the end of each jump.

I think games should be challenging, but I have two things that I dislike about TDU2's Challenges. First, every challenge is easy, too easy actually, but then you get to those offroad time attacks in the Cups and its at a completely different level of difficulty. Second, I can't stand the fact that any of the opponents cars can very easily make me lose grip by simply touching my car, but I do the same and their cars seem to weight 5000 tons or something, cause they just don't move an inch!

Despite that, the whole reason I think its unfair is because the classes are poorly divided, clearly there are always one or two cars that are unbeatable in each class, for example in the A1, CLEARLY the Bugatti and the Koenigsegg are much faster than any other car. That doesn't bother me at all, I can still enjoy the game a lot, through all those frustration moments when you wonder how that bitch Tess handles a CCXR and when you are rejoiced at Stuarts massive crashes with the Veyron, but definintely I'd say the A1 Challenges are Unfair. (The CCXR and the Veyrons have +1000 bhp, how can that be fair for the other cars?)

McLaren MP4-12C, I didn't do any blocking or whatnot. There were two or three races over both A1 and A1 high where I just took second place because it didn't matter since I had won the rest of them.

Trick 1: Launch properly, if you don't launch properly, you run the risk of, not only Stuart leaving you behind, but Tess and her CCXR taking second off the line, so it becomes a catch up race. A proper launch changed my time from being 2.2 seconds behind by checkpoint one to .8 seconds behind.

Trick 2: Apex, if you aren't taking the corners optimally the Veyron will chew you up. Stuart takes them very slow but he makes up for it in speed (the Veyron's acceleration at 60 - 80 isn't that much better than my McLaren, out of the turn if I was already faster, I would pull away before he could start causing a difference, by the time he was catching up, I was always through the next turn)

Trick 3: Take time to learn the pattern, Stuart's driving is affected by any slight corner or bend in the road, meaning he won't be going full speed, those are your chances, don't lose your mind if he's ahead, odds are if you drive carefully, take your turns perfectly, you'll notice that he always slows down too much and never actually takes the turn properly, although he does the motions for it.

Trick 4: Aerial Apexing, there are a lot of jumps, take advantages of hitting them properly so that you can keep your speed and momentum, Stuart slows down for all of them. Don't try jumping to fly, but enough to land on the downward side of the road to give you that boost.

Trick 5: You won't win on straights. Deal with it.

Seriously, that was it...i spent maybe 2 or 3 tries on the very first race, annoyed, until I started noticing this stuff, do the full first race all the way through in second, then restart near the end, you'll start to see his pattern.

As you're behind, Tess becomes more of a problem since her Koenigsegg CCX is ridiculously quick.

I haven't tried the A1 races yet, but form driving the other A class races it seems fair.

[The physics are frustrating to say the least and the quality of the roads makes it even more unpredictable... especially in the mountains.]

Anyway I've looked back when i've been winning races and have seen the AI cars having difficulty too. Tank slappers, spin outs and even rolling over.

However, it seems to happen way more to me though, but I put that down to being human.

I can't remember if this game is as frustrating as Midnight club LA though. I think its more actually,

:)

I can't remember if this game is as frustrating as Midnight club LA though. I think its more actually

No way lol, I lost my mind because of how irritating that game was.

I too haven't been done the A1 Championship specifically, but all of the championships that I've done were fair, some challenges were harder than others, but still fair.