We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Bored with TDU2 already. Why?

Eudemon

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were going to do it one point apparently, but couldn't get all the racers together for it... something to do with the wilder brothers squabbling with stuart apparently.

or that many roads where you can actually drive 300mph!

i hope put finally some sedans in the game like the c63amg cl63 and 65 amg the cls and the rapide or something because the cars list sucks in my opinion :sulk:

Since when is the CL a sedan :p

If they'll be making any Merc sedan which I doubt, it'll be the 300SEL 6.8 which Rabcat showed.

I played again the other night and was starting to enjoy it again, but then it just became frustrating to the point where I ejected the disc from my PS3 and went back to play GT5.. Its a good game, but it could be better, not to jump on the bandwagon, but the physics really aren't that great now that I've almost played through the whole game. I was driving my Mclaren and I kind of felt like I was driving a truck or something.. and it made me wish they had just kept TDU's physics. I also hate the way the Enzo sounds, when the car is at the redline and I shift, the car sounds like I just "short shifted".. I also bought 2 new DLC cars and they haven't appeared in either of the used car dealerships...

/rant

TDU2 is a good game, but its going to be placed on my shelf and probably not touched for quite some time, and I hope you all can respect that..

I played again the other night and was starting to enjoy it again, but then it just became frustrating to the point where I ejected the disc from my PS3 and went back to play GT5.. Its a good game, but it could be better, not to jump on the bandwagon, but the physics really aren't that great now that I've almost played through the whole game. I was driving my Mclaren and I kind of felt like I was driving a truck or something.. and it made me wish they had just kept TDU's physics. I also hate the way the Enzo sounds, when the car is at the redline and I shift, the car sounds like I just "short shifted".. I also bought 2 new DLC cars and they haven't appeared in either of the used car dealerships...

/rant

TDU2 is a good game, but its going to be placed on my shelf and probably not touched for quite some time, and I hope you all can respect that..

Im not against you or anything but you have repeated yourself about 5 times now in similar posts. Okay you hate the game, or more like some aspects of it but not need to nag. Just don't play it. Don't take this personally its just annoying seeing the same comment or meaning in a comment every time. Yes the physics are arcade or more like MORE arcade but nobody is forcing you to play. Once you have a few friends going actively with you on it all the time like I do, you start to forget about the bugs and enjoy the game and have a laugh.

DLC will be in used car dealership and maximum waiting time is 3 days IRL. My first ever DLC (which was the veyrons) took 2 days to come. The newest DLC (preorder cars) were instant pretty much. I bought them, restarted the game and it said 0/7 in the dealer.

Hope you change your mind its a nice game, not a simulator. You cannot compare GT5 with TDU2 in any way. Its just silly..

- eXile

Thats perfectly fine, but I don't hate it, I just thought it could be better. For the record though, I've only posted two posts like that, and that was one of them, but it doesn't really matter. I wouldn't compare it to GT5 either. Thanks for the reply about the DLC though..

• 2 weeks later...

Every game has its bad points I guess... I mean TDU2 with its physics and lack of cars, but then again GT5 with its TERRIBLE sound where most cars sound almost the same and pretty much like tunned up civics with different exhausts :/ I drove the 430 Scuderia around my friends house and oh my.... civic...

I still am yet to see someone interested in cruising or doing stunts and so on in TDU2 randomly online, because most people are busy with getting up to level 70... likes its a big thing or something. And what exactly will you do when you get to 70? Get bored and never touch the game ? Most likely...

Every game has its bad points I guess... I mean TDU2 with its physics and lack of cars, but then again GT5 with its TERRIBLE sound where most cars sound almost the same and pretty much like tunned up civics with different exhausts :/ I drove the 430 Scuderia around my friends house and oh my.... civic...

I'm with ryzza on this, they sounded better than that right up to the time you installed titanium exhaust. And the cockpit sound samples are seperate from the outside sound samples.

I wouldn't compare gt5 to tdu because they're in completely different leagues. GT5 feels like a quality product. You definitely get your money's worth. tdu2 on the other hand feels like a bad beta.

GT5 feels like a quality product...QUOTE]

It may be a good "bang for the buck" but I really don't accept as valid they took so much time and talked a lot about "more than 1,000 cars", to finally get like 200 good looking cars and like 800 GT3 and GT4 cars. I was going to buy a PS3 for this game...

Yeah that whole Premium vs Standard didn't do much for the whole GT Perfection that PD asnd Kaz usually aim for. They have been making up for it with the updates though and it looks like it has pretty decent online racing also.

Regarding TDU2, the 3 month checkpoint is nearly upon us, those of you who were giving the game 3 months to see where it got to compared to TDU (360) almost have your answer.

Well, i guess the 6 years of waiting for GT5 worthed more than the 5 or 4 years of waiting for TDU2. Sure, the 200 premium cars are not enough, we all would love to have more premium cars, but i wouldn't complain about it. Why? The 200 premium cars are just insanelly very well done and GT5 also has night/day cicle, rain, gravel, snow, working high/low bean headlights and many other features. Also the photomode is awesome.

I think it worth the PS3 price. /end fangirlism

As far as GT5 goes, the amount of premium cars is higher than what most car games have anyway. If you asked me wether I'd prefer having the extra 800 standard cars, or not have them at all, I'd have said yes, gimme gimme gimme, which is what they did, so I'm more than happy with that. For the record I didn't own any of the other GT games besides the original, so I didn't have most of those cars before anyway.

The updates have been massive and free, online is very good, handling is very good, why I haven't played it in a while is probably more laziness than anything else.

Well, the GT5 standard cars are not exactly like the GT4 ones... they improved them a bit, for don't say about the models that were not in GT4, like Veyron... The premium/standard cars thing doesn't bother me at all.

GT4 was only 730 car models. They add the new models made for GT PSP as the Veyron. But we lost some models too, as Fort T, Auto Union, 2 Benz wood car from 1900, Nike prototype and some other I probably forgot... Same for tracks, and bike from Tourist Trophy.

I don't feel GT5 as the full potential that Polyphony Digital can have, but it's quite enough to compet against their rivals.

• 1 month later...

when in TDU2 (ps3) i go offroad with a land rover i dont feel the weight of the car,and it handles as a ford rs2000 on asphalt...

and what about...http://www.allaguida.it/img/lamborghini_gallardo.jpg http://www.ultimogiro.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Maserati.jpg http://www.cochesdb.com/wp-content/fotos-del-coche-corvette-zo6.jpg http://www.salzburg.info/static/cms/salzburginfo/bdb01_kunst_kultur/0102_mozart_001.jpg

looks like the elements featured in these links were on TDU1 and disappeared on TDU2...why?

I can't help but feel that this game hasn't been able to hit the high points it's capable of due to simply the companies involved.

A bankrupt publisher trusting an upstart developer with an idea that, when last tried, was largely ignored but had a small but devoted fanbase?

Honestly, what else could you have expected?