We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Updated take on TDU

Baxie

Ok. So I've been playing around on TDU2 tonight, and I have some more thoughts on the game.

What I noticed right away is, that contrary to the previous game, there are a stunning lack of choices for the Story-line missions.

I was cruising around looking for an A4 car to beat the second A4 cup with.

These are the choices:

Audi RS6 Avant

Aston Martin Vantage

Aston Martin DB9 (Coupé and Volante)

Chevy Camaro

Jaguar xk.

Five cars. But with the Astons grouped together (The Coupe and Volante are identical in performance, and why choose the baby-aston, when you can get the proper one) this leaves four choices. Or as many as the original game started with. This is simply too little. I know that compared to the old game there are more groups, but four choices for mid-game content.... Seriously.

I know there are cars, that are available through progress, and clubs and what not. But there are simply too few viable choices for the cup races.

Looking over the specs of the cars, it's a pretty big no-brainer which car to choose, if you want to win, and which to choose if you want an increasing challenge.

I wont bother with physics, as a lot has already been said. I've only got this to say: Too many races are lost, because these cars take off way to easily on the hilly roads.

But only four cars? I say, let the DLCs commence, because noone in their right minds will choose anything but a DB9 for driving in A4-races.

And who put the Aston Martin DB9 in the same group as the Baby-aston, while the Alfa Romeo 8C is in a class above it? In reality the Aston is faster, both in acceleration AND on top.

Bookmarks.... Oh dear lord. Why oh why make bookmarks, when you can put identifiers on them. I was driving around Oahu area 1 today, for discovery-reasons. And I managed to scrape together nine wrecks for the Citröen. Each and every one of places are now logged as bookmarks. (Got the last off the web, because I wanted to see the car.) but I also bookmarked a nice bridge I passed, and a Photo-op. So tomorrow (or the next day) when I play the game again, how will I know, which is which? How will I take people to the places that I enjoyed? How will I help people find the wrecks?

Right. That's the only (new) gripe for now.

I am enjoying the game more and more. There are some staggeringly beautiful places. Sure it could do with a new engine, but the off-road tracks give us some pretty exciting things to discover.

The implementation of the wrecks are a fun choice. I love driving around in my beetle and my 2CV, and I hope that there will be more old cars in the DLCs, like the Morris Mini, the Fiat 500 (or even better: 127), the Honda Civic and this Simca.

I stand by my previous post, but I am finding more and more things that I like about the game. Once I get up into the higher classes, the choices will be more varied.

If only there were as many cars, as there were pieces of clothes....

Your one of the phew I know that has chosen the DB9 for A4 class actually... I choose the Audi RS6 as it suits my driving style better and the AWD is just awesome. The physics suck too much for me to drive the DB9 as its wayyy over too tail-happy. Seriously even with aids on :/

But pretty much what you said is true and there are some good points there. We need variety!

But only four cars? I say, let the DLCs commence, because noone in their right minds will choose anything but a DB9 for driving in A4-races.

I picked the RS6 and did pretty well with it. But I agree, the choice is too narrow in some classes.

I picked the Camaro solely based on it being the cheapest, and did fine with it.

I don't really think it matters what you choose for the cups, as they're not too difficult, but once you start playing online it is so much easier having the best car, stage 4 tuned, to win.

So yes, I agree that the DB9 is the best as I use that online, but we're all going to buy them all in the long run anyway :)

I agree with you on bookmarks though, why can't we at least name them?

I used the Camaro and had stage 2 upgrades on it and won both championships with it. The DB9 is absolutely horrible, one of the worst cars I've driven in the game.

I agree that car's physics are stupidly terrible. Undrivable almost. I own DB9s in multiplayer races with my RS6 anyday.

The XKR is also a stand out car in that category, the handling makes light work of everything else and it's decent enough on the straights too and cheaper than both the RS6 and V8V iirc.

Still I am of the opinion that you can win with anything (except the Hummer) provided you drive properly.

Thanks for the feedback Baxie!

That's one of my favorite classes. RS6, two Aston Martins, and an American car. I think I had a hard time picking a favorite out of those cars. Eventually I settled on the RS6 since I enjoyed the feeling of torque that it has when starting from a full stop. It was also easier for me to get back on the road after making a mistake and ending up in the grass.

About having more cars in the game, who could disagree with you? More are certainly coming. Hopefully we'll have details soon. :)

I've done all A4 races in my pre-order Caterham R500 and it was ridiculous. 2.9s to 60mph car vs 5s cars? C'mon. It was so ridiculous infact that I was 1st in the world in some races (excluding cheaters).

The thing with the Cat is it's in a wrong class. Slower Cat CSR260 is in higher class, really, it's an A3 car and it's too slow for its class. R500 should be in A3 or maybe even A2, but CSR260 should be in A4. The same thing comes with both McLaren's, the MP123-ABC and SLR722.

I'd pick the AM V8 Vantage though, it's better-looking, sounds better and steers better than DB9. And the diffrence in speed is about 4mph.