We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

What is the TDU2 modding level at the moment?

Brazzucca

Some weeks ago, some "addicted" user told here that at that moment was only possible to extract the content from the *.big files, ...

but, not make it back, but it wasn't said how or which program was used to do it, i found and blog or site that had program that could do it, but i don't remember the name/link...

an user here(name), used a program called TexMod, that reads the textures directly "ingame" save/read in/from a folder in which the program must be activated...

How is going the research about modding the game?

I read in some thread a Diablo(Spade) post about not allowing the TDU2 modding "so free" as TDU was/is... does people see this as an"obstacle" to mod?

Thanks since now, Diablo, if my words are mean to you, please, contact me, or/and modify/delete this thread.

There were a couple of mods to adjust things like the object view distance, shadow quality, etc. There are external programs that allow custom cameras and TrackIR, as well as the addition of indicator sounds.

Car mods won't be allowed on these forums while Eden are still working on DLCs so that Eden can keep supporting the game for longer. I don't think any car mods have been made for TDU2 yet in any case.

If eden keeps on releasing new DLC cars and so on, then Im pretty happy with "no car mods" :thumbsup:

Cause we really need 453547694567 variants of Bugatti and Pagani cars. They are asking 80 Atari Points for cars that are basically the same as the ones already ingame? Plus you can't change colors nor tune it? No thanks. :p

Anyway, car mods are going to find their way in TDU2 sooner or later, I'm quite sure in that. :)

I've seen a thread on other forum that talking about all the tdu2 files. Seems that they already ripped everything, and already got the car models out of the game and so. Even some "physic mod" that can change the car's handling to whatever you like. But they concern more about how to get every single files out of the game than modding it.

H mode was a DLC for TDU1 on X360. TDU2 already has "Hardcore mode", only it's currently rubbish.

Its not really hardcore mode hence why I don't know why they called it that. Its more of a "Aids Off" option to be honest :/

Cause we really need 453547694567 variants of Bugatti and Pagani cars. They are asking 80 Atari Points for cars that are basically the same as the ones already ingame? Plus you can't change colors nor tune it? No thanks. :p

Anyway, car mods are going to find their way in TDU2 sooner or later, I'm quite sure in that. :)

Ermm I can tune all the cars I have as DLC, and they are not 50 versions of a bugatti. There is only 2, I know your point and I agree but there are quite a few cars I like and are worth paying for. I do agree that they need more cars as in not a car that is "modified" original model and then retextured (370z Optional, Q7 TDU2 Limited, 599 China Ed. ?). Cars that are not in game, for example a new Make or so on maybe a new Car Shop.

But you get the idea ;)

Ermm I can tune all the cars I have as DLC, and they are not 50 versions of a bugatti. There is only 2, I know your point and I agree but there are quite a few cars I like and are worth paying for. I do agree that they need more cars as in not a car that is "modified" original model and then retextured (370z Optional, Q7 TDU2 Limited, 599 China Ed. ?). Cars that are not in game, for example a new Make or so on maybe a new Car Shop.

But you get the idea ;)

Oh, my mistake then. I've assumed they can't be tuned, just as they can't be painted (or can they?). :confused:

To me, every Bugatti is the same and TDU2 has... I don't know, like a gazilion of them already? And all of other DLC cars we can buy, we already have them in the game... in one way or another. RS5? Tricolore? XKR? 612? And so on and on. Basically are the same as default and aren't worth of the money, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice from them to add them to their DLC Store, the more the merrier, but if I had a game, I wouldn't be the one that would spend my Atari Points buying them.

Until they add BMW's and other car brands, on top of other game improvements, or until we get the tools to mod TDU2, I won't get the game. I'm on a tight budget anyway so I can wait few months more.

No doubt TDU2 modding will happen at some point but like I've said for a period of time we won't accommodate it here. This will in no way stop modding or people attempting it just because we say no at the moment as there will be other places that will popup who will allow it.

The reason we will wait a length of time before allowing it to be posted on here is because we support the game, and will support it as long as Eden and Atari support it.

@Ten.

Adding a 370Z sticker and Optional Parts to the name, with few extra brake horsepowers, doesn't necessarily make it a new car.

@Spade

I couldn't agree more. We all love TDU franchise way too much, and it would be just suicidal to ruin their plans for DLC and support with early release of car, and other mods. We all want to see TDU3 in near future, right? ;)

@Ten.

Adding a 370Z sticker and Optional Parts to the name, with few extra brake horsepowers, doesn't necessarily make it a new car.

@Spade

I couldn't agree more. We all love TDU franchise way too much, and it would be just suicidal to ruin their plans for DLC and support with early release of car, and other mods. We all want to see TDU3 in near future, right? ;)

I still find the Audi Q7 TDU2 Inuit Edition the most pointless DLC ever.. It simply does nothing since its just a normal white Q7 and it has worse rear lights than the normal default version. Pointless as hell, and also that 370Z as you said is just ridiculous they should of made that 370z writing as optional default paint that can be bought for 2k extra or something. Not make a new car out of it :/

And has anyone actually found that stupid green Camaro Synergy Edition useful ? Its so slow, riced up and bad looking that I dont know why I just bought it :/ :ill:

Well, these mods said above i know, but they are kinda "external" yet, then like Spade said here again, we'll have to wait till TDU2 "get cold" to start modifying by ourselves, a good reason to make the own "Eden Games" move and do something interesting, mainly to compensate the lack of lambos and other cars.

But I would like to edit the traffic again, to make them look closer to the real car shape they have and fix most of the "drivable" cars tail/head light textures, they are ridiculous, like the Beetle or Cobra in which have transparent glass, or the Zondas with that crappy "photoshop generated" pink taillights.

But I would like to edit the traffic again, to make them look closer to the real car shape...

+1

It's really hard to be immersed when AI cars look like they are straight from some old PS One game. What's more, AI cars on Oahu are the one already used in first TDU. :(

I'd like to see if people can one day fix the wheelblur shader and make it more realistic. It's that very shader I got hopes for they fixed it by a few recent trailers, then it seems they didn't do anything to it. The traffic is the best source to see why it's bad, the wheels just get swapped for óne single model of simple cylinder with a black/white texture on it.

No doubt TDU2 modding will happen at some point but like I've said for a period of time we won't accommodate it here. This will in no way stop modding or people attempting it just because we say no at the moment as there will be other places that will popup who will allow it.

The reason we will wait a length of time before allowing it to be posted on here is because we support the game, and will support it as long as Eden and Atari support it.

They support the game but not the customers really. I mean the shoddy quality of this game shows. And I expect the same quality from its dlc cars. I think tdu-c holds considerable number of tdu pc players, if you decide to post mods here it wouldn't make much difference. Not like they're supporting us already and possibly it would give them something to think about where have they gone wrong.

...Until they add BMW's...

+1 Just for that comment.

I think this game needs BMW's, Lamborghini's, and a C-class like the one below :p

Also, is there some sort of TDU2 bling bling mod coming out at all?

E: Need to spread some rep round first :lol:

+1 Just for that comment.

I think this game needs BMW's, Lamborghini's, and a C-class like the one below :p

:

Though I second you on the need for Lambos BMW and Porsche signed a contract with Electronic Arts to have exclusive right to their cars. This came about with advent of NFS: Porsche unleashed. Though I don't know if the terms on the ran out, I think that we wont be seeing any Porsche or BMW in TDU2. Atari got around this by adding RUF as they technicaly add enough to the Porsche cars to make them their own brand. Also I hope some mods start coming out soon, Maybe some Porsche?