We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

Post One Random Automotive Video Per Day

Soundwave

• 2 weeks later...

Knew exactly what video it would be when I saw you'd posted in this thread :p Watched it this morning, it's a great video but as with the Alfa PurSang video he did a while ago, I'm not sure I agree with some of the things he says when labeling the PurSang vehicles. He tries to say it's not a replica when it without a doubt is a replica in my eyes, it's just that the word replica is usually associated with vehicles not worthy of the name and so when a suitable vehicle rolls up it's almost offensive to label it as such.

Yes it is technically a replica, but the cars are so close the original deal that they are pretty much a reproduction vehicle

Yup I agree, I respect and admire and would happily purchase one of the cars but people need to get over the word replica being a pejorative term and just start using them more accurately.

I think the reason the word replica is frowned upon is because there is so many shoddy Fiero/ MR2/ other based "replicas" out there that are just terrible, and these are all the replicas that really get any attention because people point out just how bad they are, but there is great replicas out there, like the Shelby Cobras and Ford GT's and some others, but they don;t tend to get much attention, because they are usually very close to original cars, and only people who know what they are looking for can tell an original apart from a replica.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite impressed by this, even though it was just a design study by AM and then outsourced or 'partnered' out to Quintessence Yachts, the turn around to us actually seeing a working prototype and for them to actually go ahead and do a production run is rather crazy too. It looks immense.

A few things, such as the locking glass mechanism, and the 'convertible' sunshade thing wasn't working at the time either, would be surprised if that ever makes the production model as it's rather cray cray.

I think it's a great idea for AM if they can make a profit on it eventually, they're not exactly diluting the brand are they, these are very high end exclusive products.