We promise no intrusive ads, Please help keep the community alive
Consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker / add to whitelist / purchasing VIP.

TDUCk Community Playtime - Time?

superhyper

What time is the best for you? (GMT)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. What time is the best for you? (GMT)

So after the Fujimi cruise that went basically well if you don't count all the blaming afterwards (:lol:), I'm making thing a little big bigger with Clarence here. Now it's time to vote for the best time for you. The one that gets the most votes will become the official hosting time for this stuff, held once a week. The activities include Cruises, Photoshoots, various modes of Tag and Football (aka Soccer).

The times are in GMT so use a converter if necessary, and choose ALL the times that are mostly possible for you!

Last time the whole thing lasted about 2 hours before network problems started kicking in. You aren't required to stay all the way to the end if you can't make it.

Moved over from the fujimi cruise thread.

_Pr0ph3cy_:

I'd like to suggest, once again, a car show type dealy thingy. Benchmark would work well, cant think of anywhere else with a large open space or a carpark. No exotics (i'm thinking more average joe type cars here). So basically bring a car that means at least a little to you (i'd take something like my Hakosuka GTR or something), could be classic euro, muscle, classic jdm, modern jdm, VIP, lowrider- whatever your into, as long as it represents you and your automotive interests. We park up on the carpark on benchmark in a 4-car-per-row layout, giving us (if 16 people are there, which i doubt...). When the 'race' is over, save the replay. When you view the replay you can go into photomode and basically treat it as a personal virtual car show, you can walk around the cars, between them etc. That just sounds like a lot of fun to me, I love going to car shows and getting up close and personal with peoples prized possesions, seeing what they like, sharing their passion.

Milli:

You say, to people bring what they like and a car that means something for them... you also said, no exotics. Well, what if someone have, as a favourite car for whatever the reason, that person will not be able to bring the car that they like.

I think, if you want limit any kind of the car, is better allow only one, like club rides, jdm cruise, ferrari cruise, porsch... wait a minute, ruf cruise, muscle cruise... etc. I understand you very well, you want more normal cars and people only show up with the same boring Ferraris and same boring Lamborghinis... but well, if they like it, and they are allowed to do it, you can not expect them to show up in a Ford Ka.

See what i mean? :lol:

_Pr0ph3cy_:

Well ok, lets keep it open to anything within reason. If your passion is hypercars, please choose something tasteful that isnt glaringly different to say... well I know clarence likes his american muscle, and I at least like JDM, so a 599XX or FXX or something would look completely out of place (I have multiple favourite cars, one of them is the 599 GTO, I have a model of one next to a model 240z in full JDM kit on my desk, for anyone who thinks I am an exotic hater).

Milli:

I guess what i'm trying to say is dont try to be a showoff with something that is 'awesome', bring something you love and cherish, that'll get you more respect every time anyway, having the balls to say 'heres my hellaflush yaris, whatcha gon do about it'.

I know, i understand you perfectly! But this always will happen, sadly... it is very hard, people always want to bring something outstanding like an exotic. A very clear example that is in the knowledge is TDU, the game that led most of us to here... what cars do you see cruising around? Pretty much A-class cars.

I don't know, that kind of thinking annoys me too, Forza has how many cars? 500? Yet, in a room of 16 players there were 2 Lamborghinis, 3 or 4 Ferraris... i mean, WHERE IS THE CREATIVITY? If i had the game, i would join with a hell nice JDM sedan, like Aristo or some sort of... It is slower and cheaper? Yes... but who cares?

Edit: Or a hell nice VW Fox (Yes, only because i see them on streets here) on TE37's Lol!

Sorry now I'm confused.

We're allowed to drive the cars we like, but we aren't?!

If it has a Ferrari/Lambo badge, we're showing off and have no creativity?!

If its a Yaris with a crazy bodykit, thats allowed because its fits in next to a JDM sedan or muscle car?!

Part of the cruise is to earn your respect by second guessing which car you allow folk to drive?!

Not trying to start anything here just really struggling to understand whats going on. Because all I can see right now is a lot of restrictions.

I don't particularly like JDMs or muscle cars that much, but I'm not going to stress about it.

Whats far more important imo, is to discuss what everyone wants to achieve from the cruise. :)

No youve missed pretty much everything that was said. That would be a part of the cruise, to start with, you dont have to use the same car for the actual cruise. You can bring whatever you like, within reason. How many redonk supercars do you see mixed up with regular much loved regular cars at normal shows (IRL)? Dont get mad about everything bro, jeez.

Easy for me, a Car that means snomthing to me! MR2 AW11 :D

Guess i'm lucky to own a rare sporty car IRL though!

For Times, Later on (7 -10PM) is better for me, but thats as I'm normally doing stuff during the day! But Can also get skewed if I'm out at night! So I just try to turn up if i can! :P

First thing bro, I not mad just asking for clarity!

No youve missed pretty much everything that was said. That would be a part of the cruise, to start with,

I can only read what you write. You didn't use the phrase "to start with" so I didn't know that's actually what you meant

You can bring whatever you like, within reason.

?

How many redonk supercars do you see mixed up with regular much loved regular cars at normal shows (IRL)?

I live in the UAE so quite a few.

But I see far more "redonk" tuners and without fail they are all driven like dicks by dicks. And thats not saying anyone here who likes them or drives them is actually a 'lalalala'... I just chose not to use them (much) because of the stigma of them over here... even if some of them are pretty nice.

Also see alot of Yaris's (et al) over here and all the dicks that drive them are all underage and invincible.

Dont get mad about everything bro, jeez.

Do I really need to answer this, ma homie.

although I'd like to point out yours was the first angry post after the last cruise. *ahem*

Peace :cheeky:

Personally I liked the cruise exactly how it was.

Yep, likewise.

Just more communication during it would make it go so much smoother and reduce the likelihood of "Jebus Chris, that was terrible" when it finishes ;)

I said Yaris as an example btw, because who knows, someone may get major hardons for yaris's. All i'm trying to say is that I think it would be cool if we were to simulate a car show, with cars that we genuinely have some connection with, be it in the game, or in carbon's case, he actually owns one in real life. Now, I mentioned the Hakosuka before- I dont own one, but it is another favourite car of mine, and I am fascinated and in love with the car and its history. I have that connection to it. Any cars coming to your mind that you have some similar connection to?

I know Yaris was an example, its just the best one so I used it too.

I just like to drive cars that give me the James May 'fizz' . Currently in FM4 its the 458, because its works well and I'm trying to get the max affinity with Ferrari.

In FM3 it was the F360 because that was the best car for all the tag matches that were A600 restricted. Also enjoy playing in my rear drive S208... but it completely depends how I'm feeling at the time :)

Sorry now I'm confused.

We're allowed to drive the cars we like, but we aren't?!

If it has a Ferrari/Lambo badge, we're showing off and have no creativity?!

If its a Yaris with a crazy bodykit, thats allowed because its fits in next to a JDM sedan or muscle car?!

Part of the cruise is to earn your respect by second guessing which car you allow folk to drive?!

Not trying to start anything here just really struggling to understand whats going on. Because all I can see right now is a lot of restrictions.

I don't particularly like JDMs or muscle cars that much, but I'm not going to stress about it.

Whats far more important imo, is to discuss what everyone wants to achieve from the cruise. :)

Thing is... when you open for people use any car, you expect to see each car different from each other, but people show up with cliche cars... take the other cruise as an example... over 500 cars to choose, there where 2 Ferrari 458. I mean, it is a nice car? Yes it is... but really? That is the only good Ferrari out there? I mean... think about it, look other cars... think outside of the common box. ;)

Forza has such great cars, like the Ferrari 250, Ferrari Dino, F50, F40, GT40, Jaguar E-Type, Elise, Esprit, RX-7, Mclaren F1, Zonda, Shelby Series 1, Celica GT-Four, Toyota 2000GT, Toyota MR2 GT, TVR Cerbera Speed 12... i mean... :lol:

Edit: Remember that cruises are not races, so, you don't need to drive the fastest car you've got... it is a time when you can drive your A3 and enjoy it without get mad because it is a slow car!

Hey, i will do a photoshoot of the game, bring any car you like. Photo turns out to be a Ferrari advertising. :/

A 458 is more of a cliche than an F&F tuner? Opinions, we all have them and just because mine is different to yours doesn't make either more right.

Besides if you were at the cruise, you would have seen me in my S208, my F360, my Merc 190 Cosworth and my Bentley Speed 8....

Why do you think anyone was racing just because there were a few crashes? I reversed in to Proph by mistake because i was concentrating on something else at the time. If anyone had a mic on then they would have heard me apologies!

During the cruise a race was set up which I actually complained about because we were there to cruise.

I don't understand your idea that cruise must always be super slow. I have cruise control on my Ford Edge and I can set it at any speed I choose not just 60kph.

Edit: Yes we know cruises aren't races, you say it in almost every post in this forum about a game you don't own... and refuse to own. ;)

^ I am not on about the game, i am on about the people. :lol:

A 458 is more of a cliche than an F&F tuner? Opinions, we all have them and just because mine is different to yours doesn't make either more right.

Besides if you were at the cruise, you would have seen me in my S208, my F360, my Merc 190 Cosworth and my Bentley Speed 8....

Why do you think anyone was racing just because there were a few crashes? I reversed in to Proph by mistake because i was concentrating on something else at the time. If anyone had a mic on then they would have heard me apologies!

During the cruise a race was set up which I actually complained about because we were there to cruise.

I don't understand your idea that cruise must always be super slow. I have cruise control on my Ford Edge and I can set it at any speed I choose not just 60kph.

Where did i said it have to be slow all the time? Thing is... when you bring a tuned Ferrari with 88089785763475 horsepower you SURE care about how fast you can go, and you sure want to go faster than others. Other point is... what is the matter of a game has hundreds of cars if people only use 20. Or in your case, even less! Sorry, but that is ridiculous! That always have bothered me in TDU, because i always wanted to ride in my RS4, or the 350Z... and yet, keep up with the group, but everyone riding their Saleens and Koenigseggs basically force everyone that want to keep up bring a Saleen or a Koenigsegg too!

And i am sorry, but the cruise that you guys just have done have prove that in videogames, trend exotic cars like 458 and Gallardos are cliche. In real life they are not because they are expensive. That happens everywhere. Even in GT5, that is more toward japanese cars i see more people racing 458's than i see people racing Silvias.

Okay, seriously guys - Super and I asked your opinion on what we should do, and what time works. Super and I will work out some rules when we have an idea of what you guys want to do. Cruising is obvious, Soccer is obvious, Tag is obvious. Give us more ideas - and as for cruises, Super and I have agreed that you can drive anything you want to, who cares if a 458 and a Prius are together? These cruises are for fun and you can drive anything you want to.

We'll be posting up rules soon on the main post - please read them and pay attention so the next cruise can be even more successful.

And for future reference, please leave arguments out of this thread, I wasted my time reading about 10 posts of nothing but petty arguing and I've about had it. Thanks guys =)